4th gen team of favorite pokemons

Hey guys, I am pretty new here and this is going to be my first post here. But I am not new to competitive battling. But anyway these pokemon are my all time favorite pokemon and of course they have to be useful in some way in competitive battles. Please give me suggestions,improvements.

Breloom-Toxic orb
Ability:Poison Heal
Evs:156Hp/100Atk/252Spd
Nature:Jolly
-Spore
-Seed Bomb
-Focus Punch
-Stone edge
Role:Annoyer/Physical sweeper. Yes he pisses people off so much. Breloom just pretty much spores the opponent and kills them right away before they wake up. Sub is unnecessary since the pokemon is asleep and it is unlikely they will wake up in one turn. He also acts as my status absorber. This guy was always my partner since the days of R/S/E

Houndoom-Life orb
Ability:Flash fire
Evs:100Atk/156SpAtk/252Spd
Nature:Hasty
-Overheat
-Sucker Punch
-Reversal
-Super Fang
Role:Mixed attacker/Wall breaker. As you can see by his evs,item, and moveset he is my mixed sweeper. Overheat and sucker punch for obvious reasons and reversal is when he has taken alot of life orb damage, he can use this to pokemon like blissey,tyranitar and such. I'll try using this move when his hp is as low as possible and his high speed makes good use of this move. Super fang is to use on a predicted switching pokemon and then either finish them off with overheat or sucker punch.

Gyarados-Leftovers
Ability:Intimidate
Evs:156Hp/76Atk/24Def/252SpDef
Nature:Careful
-Waterfall
-Bounce
-Dragon Dance
-Rest/Protect/Earthquake(Which one??)
Role:Specially defensive tank. Most people just concentrate on its attack and speed but not for me. Many people forget his awesome 95 HP and 100SpDef along with initmidate for defense. This guy can take many hits while also being able to hit back hard. Theres a few or no Atk and Spd investments because he has naturally high attack and its going to boost by DD anyway. Waterfall and Bounce has pretty good coverage to most pokemon except for maybe empoleon. Bounce gives me free leftovers recovery also and has good paralysis chance along with good stab power. Loved this guy since pokemon first came out.

Gengar-Life Orb
Ability:Levitate
Evs:156Hp/100SpAtk/252Spd
Nature:Modest
-Shadow ball
-Sludge bomb
-Focus blast
-Thunder bolt
Role:Special sweeper. Not much to say here since all he does is special sweeping.

Donphan-Leftovers
Ability:Sturdy
Evs:252Hp/96Atk/160Def
Nature:Impish
-Earthquake
-Knock off
-Stealth rock
-Rapid spin
Role:Edit: Changed Mamoswine to Donphan for various reasons. I realized that most of my pokemon are frail except for Gyarados and maybe Magnezone because of those weaknesses. I needed a sturdy physical hit taker and a stealth rocker thats a ground type so I choosed him. Rapid spin also helps as there are 2 pokemon weak to it in my team. Knock off can ruin strategies,plans. But was replacing mamoswine with donphan a good idea?

Magnezone-Leftovers
Ability:Magnet Pull
Evs:100Hp/156Def/16SpAtk/236SpDef
Nature:Calm
-Thunder/Thunderbolt
-Substitute
-Iron defense
-Light screen
Role:Mixed "Wall". Alright a bit odd I know.. But as a steel type with the most resistances out of every pokemon and with those good defensive stats I had to do this. So this plan is simple but a bit complicated at the same time. IF you can, trap a steel pokemon who cant harm you like Skarmory or Scizor and use Sub,set up 3 Iron defenses to max its defense like crazy and make him an undestoyable sub wall. I actually tested this out and even a Gyarados's earthquake did not even break the sub after 3 boosts. Light screen to raise up him and the partys special defense, hence he is a mixed "Wall" that only works with sub. If a ground pokemon comes in, Ill just light screen and switch out, since its only attacking move, thunder cannot harm them.

I don't know about most of your EVs, don't seem standard to me.

Breloom is one of my favs too, and is awesome. Though I would recommend substitute; use it after Spore, so you know for sure that you will be able to hit the opponent's switch-in.

Flash Fire Houndoom is actually a decent partner for Mamoswine, since it beats most Rotom-H sets. Super Fang is original and might work, but Reversal seems iffy. Pursuit would work well, catching fleeing scarfRhotoms.

For a pokemon to really benefit from having more than 400 hp, it should have Substitute. It might actually work for Mamoswine, Choice Band is powerful but all 4 of his moves are something you don't really want to be locked in to. Leftovers, Life Orb or Expert Belt (feigning Choice Band muawhaha) would do well. If you're gonna lead with it, Focus Sash is an option too.

Magnezone's set probably won't work against the majority of players. They'll either have a ground pokemon, a phazer, or a ground/fire pokemon strong enough to maim it before it gets enough boosts. How about Reflect+Light Screen with a Light Clay?

DDGyarados could be problematic for your team. You could give Gengar a Choice Scarf, or make your own Gyarados physically defensive and give it Roar/Stone Edge.

Yea I just dont go by standards because I dont want to copy everything off smogon sets because it makes it boring..
But anyway I have always used focus punch and spore combo without sub and it always worked. Not once it didnt work so I dont think that needs fixing(Though I know most people put subs in)
Well the only reason I picked Mamoswine is because he is a ground type and its hp goes over 400. Should I stop obsessing with the over 400 HP? Because most teams have at least 1 pokemon with HP exceeding 400. Or maybe I wrong.
Yea, I agree to actually on the Magnezone.. So Im considering changing this guy for some other wall.
But why would DD Gyara be bad for my team? And why Gengar choice scarf?

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Gengar wants a scarf because it can revenge Gyara after a DD with TBolt when it's scarfed. 400 HP isn't necessary on Mamo because the reason that one would want 400+ HP is for 101 HP Subs which aren't broken by an SToss/Night Shade, and Mamo is Banded, thus it doesn't need 404 HP. Magnezone's set just won't work as defensive stat boosters are always weak to being phazed. Also, your team doesn't really need Steel trapping support. But if you wan to keep Maggy, reflect>iron defense.

Okay thanks, I just edited my post changing mamoswine to donphan. Can you take a look at it? And would Donphan be a good replacement for Mamoswine?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)