4th gen Rain Dance Team

This is an overview of the team:

This is my first real attempt at making a competitive team. I have used this team in around 10 battles or so on pokemon online and it has had pretty good success. Yes, it is a very standard team for the most part but I am a newbie and I am not quite good enough to win with a less powerful team.

Here's a more in depth explanation of my team and the pokemon in it:

Aerodactyl @ Damp Rock
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Speed/ 4 Attack
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Aerodactyl is the pokemon that makes this team come together. Usually when people think of a rain dance team, or any weather for that matter, they expect a bronzong lead. I prefer using aerodactyl because it is less common and I like the extra speed I get over using bronzong. I always set up stealth rock on the first turn unless I feel like I will be 1 hit KOd on the first turn. In that case I use rain dance because I have another pokemon that is capable of using stealth rocks. The damp rock is given instead of a focus sash because I dont feel like it is needed for me to survive at least two turns and I really like having rain dance out there for an extra few turns.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 208 Attack / 136 Special Attack / 164 Speed
Mild Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

Kingdra is the main sweeper on this team, and for good reason. Kingdra is one of, if not the most dangerous pokemon in the rain. It already has great attack stats and when it is raining it also has incredible speed. It has two very powerful water attacks, both physical and special. It also has the strongest dragon attack, draco meteor and it can set up the rain for me again. I usually bring kingdra in at the end of the game to easily KO any remaining pokemon.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Special Attack / 60 HP / 196 Speed
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Ludicolo is another great pokemon in the rain for the same reasons that Kingdra is. Ludicolo is very crucial for me on this team because it is the only pokemon with grass and ice moves. One pokemon that gives the rest of the team a tough time is snorlax, since it can wall most of my special based team. Ludicolo can use grass knot, which is enough to take away around 50% of its hp. Ice beam can also be used to attack most grass types that would wall many of my water attacks. Ludicolo is a pokemon that I don't take out unless there is a snorlax, a grass type that needs to be taken out, or until I'm sure neither of these previous threats are on the opponent's team.

Toxicroak @ Lum Berry
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Cross Chop
- Sucker Punch
- ThunderPunch

Toxicroak is probably the weakest link of my team that I am looking to change. The only reason that it's on my team is to change up the types a little bit. It usually gets KOd before it can ever do any serious damage. If any of you guys have any suggestions for a replacement let me know.

Bronzong @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252HP / 152 Attack / 96 Speed
Impish Nature
- Rain Dance
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis

Bronzong is the only "wall" I have on this team. It is usually saved for the end of the battle when Aerodactyl's rain dance runs out. I can set it up for a long time because of damp rock and I can set up rocks if aerodactyl was not able to. I can also use explosion to get rid of any pokemon that seems like a decent threat for the rest of my team. Bronzong is a nice addition to the team, as it is for most people's weather teams.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248HP / 238 Special Defense / 32 Speed
Calm Nature
- Thunder
- Roost
- Light Screen
- Hidden Power Ice

Zapdos is a bulky sweeper so to speak. He can set up light screen, protected the whole team from special attacks. It has Thunder, which is good for attacking other water types. It is another pokemon that is there to steer away from the standard water types and it is also a very good wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)