[Help!] I Am Correcting An Injustice (´・ω・`)

I heard people in #pokemon were going to link this but apparently no one has done it so...

I'm not going to make much in terms of commentary here because I think the OP is best suited to say you should probably read the whole story before reading the comments in this thread. Besides, are there really any words for this?

Normally I like using thread icons (if I don't it's usually because I forgot), but there's really no face to describe this other than (´・ω・`)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This may have been the most awkward guy who just cannot get a clue. I cannot even believe how he couldn't even see how much he was getting rejected and played.

Nobody on here is like that right?

blitzlefan

shake it off!
God maybe I'm an ass, but I'm laughing my ass off. My physics teacher is going over electric fields, so I'm going to end up giving a VERY awkward explanation. Honestly, could this guy not get a clue? Or is he just the ultimate troll? Thank you capefeather, you just made my day.

Edit: I finished the whole thing for a second time, and I'm almost 100% sure this is a troll. Like I feel really bad for Denko if it's true though... but this seems way too stupid to be true, and the dates don't really match up...

Fuck yeah, shining wizard Denko! A-ko was clearly the story's MVP, though. For those wondering, 700k yen is approximately 7.5k USD.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reading this thread reminds me that there are people like this, and reassures me that I'm doing just fine.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't like this phrase, but I think it clearly applies to this thread:

"Doesn't matter, had sex"

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
where'd you get the 700k yen from elcheeso? was it the money he spent on texts or something, that looks unlikely.

i hope this story isn't /too/ much of a reassurance to anybody, this is some out-there-problems-level shit

Nobody on here is like that right?
If only you knew. (´・ω・`)

Open communication is a great and wonderful thing. The best friendships, and relationships of all kinds, are ones where both/all parties feel comfortable being honest with each other, and make efforts both to communicate their feelings and understand the feelings communicated. However, it's not a one-way street -- an important part of communication is knowing how to listen and facilitate others' openness, and listening not just to keep talking but listening to understand and hear, as well as knowing when to stop and reflect.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
where'd you get the 700k yen from elcheeso? was it the money he spent on texts or something, that looks unlikely.

i hope this story isn't /too/ much of a reassurance to anybody, this is some out-there-problems-level shit
the story said he paid a-ko 700k yen, half of it on sex, the other on information about denko

Thanks cape for making this thread, it is such a great story haha.

There are so many memorable quotes, it's probably the funniest thing I've read ever.

Now then, let me just say that this is most likely a fake. Sure, you could say that there are idiots like this everywhere, but there were some quotes in the posts which were bugging me. For instance, Denko's friend A-ko is supposedly giving information about Denko for money. Sure, it is plausible this could happen, but I interpret it as an excuse to keep the story going and increase the probability of this being an actual real story.
I think the post where OP describes Denko and says "and she is still a virgin" is a tell-tale sign that this could be fake. The response is "How do you know she's still a virgin?". Now this is true; there is no way that OP knows Denko is a virgin. So, the OP, realising he's in trouble, decides to bring up A-ko again, as she's the one who gave the information. This, in my eyes at least, is an obvious excuse. The responders believed it.
Aaand then there's the page where some responders were actually there at the time when Denko met OP at the cheryy blossoms, as "snakes", and didn't see OP. OP doesn't even bother responding to why they never saw him. He then makes the thread about bullying, where everybody wants to hear about Denko and he ignores them completely, because he's so emotionally torn and whatnot. The question here is why he made a thread with his stupid fucking emoticon when he didn't want to talk about Denko... ODD.
The story, whilst extremely well-written, is a fake, and too unbelievable to be true. The surprise ending is just.. too farfetched and the fact that he keeps on using this emoticon when others tell him not to is suspicious to say the least.

10/10 in terms of the story and its content though, top notch. I know a lot of people think this guy isn't a troll, and I'll get a lot of hate for this post, but yeah, this is my viewpoint.

<alk>this guy should really become a screenwriter

My favourite thing btw is how the thread titles sound like episode titles in some really creepy anime. (´・ω・`)

Help! My High School Stalker Can't Possibly Be This Obsessed...

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
To be blunt, I'm skeptical that this story is actually real. Regardless, it was an interesting read (had some funny bits) and brings up a lot of issues that are worth discussing. If it was real, Denko is nuts for not getting the police involved after 600 emails. I guess we don't understand the context of the entire situation, but getting the authorities involved should be the number one priority in a situation like this, specifically when personal safety is on the line.

Best line: Maybe “sure” was in reply to the McDonald’s teriyaki burger, so “don’t email me anymore” was in reply to the confession.

Thanks for sharing, cape. (´・ω・`)

To be blunt, I'm skeptical that this story is actually real. Regardless, it was an interesting read (had some funny bits) and brings up a lot of issues that are worth discussing. If it was real, Denko is nuts for not getting the police involved after 600 emails. I guess we don't understand the context of the entire situation, but getting the authorities involved should be the number one priority in a situation like this, specifically when personal safety is on the line.

Best line: "Maybe “sure” was in reply to the McDonald’s teriyaki burger, so “don’t email me anymore” was in reply to the confession. "

Thanks for sharing, cape. (´・ω・`)
I agree -- it went from 'implausible but still within the realms of possibility' to 'fantasy' over the whole saga. But it was still pretty amusing, even if it kind of hit hard for me at some parts.

To be honest, saying this as someone who's had plenty of internet stalkers, I don't know if I'd get the police involved after 600 emails in a few days, unless I knew I had history with the person (and there was some identity confusion in this saga, so IDK), mainly because I don't know if the police would be inclined to take me very seriously just over some emails about a guy's day if they didn't contain anything threatening (yes, I would certainly find 600 emails threatening, but...). I might wait to see if it continues, I guess, and if I can get them to stop via normal measures first? I think '600 emails in a few days' is actually pretty disturbing, but someone might be inclined to look at it as a single incident rather than sustained harassment and not even think to get the police involved at that point, since it's rather sudden.

I'd totally support anyone who wanted to go to the police over that kind of unwanted harassment, though. It's pretty obscene and no one should have to engage with a person who's perpetrating that kind of behaviour.

It's hard to say without context like you said, and I'm not sure how many days it was, but it was apparently 'fifty in the first few days' and then accelerated so... I dunno? ?__? It was all very ambiguous, but seems to have been a high quantity in a very small period of time. We're talking about very exaggerated numbers, though, about which it's easy to make a judgment call.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
pluff in this case he knew the girl since youth so it's something else entirely. you still have the safety blanket of internet anonymity.

finished reading btw, some entertaining stuff.

It's pretty obvious she broke up with him because he only left one letter when she went to her house. Six hundred e-mails but only taking the time to write one letter?

pluff in this case he knew the girl since youth so it's something else entirely. you still have the safety blanket of internet anonymity.

finished reading btw, some entertaining stuff.
Yeah, I know -- but what I said was specifically because I don't know if she knew it was him (the kid she'd known from school) or if she just thought it was some random, because there was some weird thing on one of the pages where she emailed him asking if it was <his name>. The guy was kind of confusing about some of the details, so. I assumed up until that point she knew who he was (b/c of course you would, she knew him irl) but then after that point I was just like ?__? so I'm not assuming anything as to that. Once he started hanging around her house and stuff, she did threaten to get the police involved. I'm just pointing out why she might've reacted that way lol I don't know if I misread or not though, it's late and there were a LOT of posts to sift through, so.

You know, this is fake (because it can't possibly be real), but regardless, you have to consider that some of the 2chan dudes might have been seriously trolling who they though was a real fucked up dude. And that apparently there was an actual arrest incident before those threads.

Like, how do these people reach the worst of internet communities to begin with? It's disheartening no matter how you look at it.

Yeah pluff I think at that point she had blocked his email and changed her own or something? But OP had bought info on Denko's new email from A-ko and was impersonating an unrelated friend of hers, and eventually Denko suspected it was the OP so she asked if it was him. I think that was the case anyway. TL;DR: This story involves a hell of a lot of mental gymnastics from the OP, ha.

Yeah pluff I think at that point she had blocked his email and changed her own or something? But OP had bought info on Denko's new email from A-ko and was impersonating an unrelated friend of hers, and eventually Denko suspected it was the OP so she asked if it was him. I think that was the case anyway. TL;DR: This story involves a hell of a lot of mental gymnastics from the OP, ha.
Oh, thank you. That explains it, haha, and I think it was about that point in retrospect. It was a little difficult to follow the guy's thought process. (´・ω・`)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)