Sports 2022 Motorsport general (F1, NASCAR, Indy, Le Mans, MotoGP, etc.)

Use this thread to discuss everything motorsports for the 2022 season. The Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona is next weekend, the traditional first big race of the year (and the last year of the DPi formula), while last week saw the Monte Carlo Rally won by Sébastien Loeb on the last day!

NASCAR and F1 are both introducing sweeping technical regulation changes; both championships have high potential to be unpredictable and provide exciting racing.

Who do you think will win this year:
-F1 World Championship?
-Daytona 500?
-Indianapolis 500?
-Monaco Grand Prix?
-24 hours of Le Mans?
-NASCAR Cup Series championship?
-IndyCar Series championship?

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I only got into motorsport recently so I really can't comment on too much, but I'm pretty excited for the upcoming seasons.

For F1 I think that realistically the winners will be merc red bull or ferrari. I would really like it if the opportunity to redesign the cars from the ground up completely changed the playing field and HAAS or aston martin somehow became the best, but it seems like money talks in f1 and the status quo won't change. As long as the racing becomes even more intense I don't really care.
In terms of who I hope wins I would probably say merc - I really like george russell.

Unfortunately I can't comment on the others because I don't really watch anything besides f1 highlights, but I'm most interested in looking into nascar cup races and the 24 hours of le mans. Finally, for some reason I've really been liking touring car championships like DTM.

I only got into motorsport recently so I really can't comment on too much, but I'm pretty excited for the upcoming seasons.

For F1 I think that realistically the winners will be merc red bull or ferrari. I would really like it if the opportunity to redesign the cars from the ground up completely changed the playing field and HAAS or aston martin somehow became the best, but it seems like money talks in f1 and the status quo won't change. As long as the racing becomes even more intense I don't really care.
In terms of who I hope wins I would probably say merc - I really like george russell.

Unfortunately I can't comment on the others because I don't really watch anything besides f1 highlights, but I'm most interested in looking into nascar cup races and the 24 hours of le mans. Finally, for some reason I've really been liking touring car championships like DTM.
Touring cars are super fun to watch, especially the lower-tech formulae like BTCC and TCR.

IMSA's official YouTube channel is usually pretty good with uploading full race replays after they happen live. They had TCR cars in their race yesterday and it was a banger. They also have a spec-Mazda series that they have a race up from already.

https://racer.com/2022/02/17/masi-out-as-fia-announces-new-race-control-structure/

racer.com said:
Michael Masi will no longer be Formula 1 race director after the FIA announced a new structure in the wake of last year’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

In a video released at the same time as Ferrari’s 2022 car launch, FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem confirmed that Masi will be replaced by Eduardo Freitas and Niels Wittich, who will alternate in the role, assisted by Herbie Blash as permanent senior advisor. Masi will be offered a new role within the FIA.
Well, damn, I didn't expect them to actually do it.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Firing Masi and reevaluating the safety car and lapped car procedures is as close to admitting he fucked up as I can imagine we'll ever get. Also quite interesting to see the clear difference in the side pod philosophies by the teams so far, with Haas, Williams, and McLaren being quite different from Ferrari and Aston Martin. The F1-75 and AMR22 are so beautiful.

Firing Masi and reevaluating the safety car and lapped car procedures is as close to admitting he fucked up as I can imagine we'll ever get. Also quite interesting to see the clear difference in the side pod philosophies by the teams so far, with Haas, Williams, and McLaren being quite different from Ferrari and Aston Martin. The F1-75 and AMR22 are so beautiful.
The Aston is my favourite so far, but all of the cars really remind me of that early 00's look.

Anyone catch the Daytona 500? Seems like the NextGen car holds up really well.

I'm honestly so happy how the Bahrain GP turned out. The Ferrari comeback seems to be on it's way and the way Haas performed is fantastic.
A bit sad with Williams' performance since I'm a fan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)