2016 June International Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict more dual primal and big six with a smattering of yveltal. I don't expect to see as much rayogre or dialogre as earlier on in the season.
Yes,Yveltal will be present in even more teams I think.It's so good against the (now) ever present dual primal (ok,I am not impartial but everyone knows how much I love Yveltal and how much I built around it this season lol).
Other than that,we better not forget the gravity spam teams,after I tried some of them I can say they are really devastating when used properly and that is not very difficult due to the playing mechanic of press Gravity+Blizzard/Precipice Blades.
I think there will be a lot less of Big six teams,due to the fact that while is still a strong archetype is not like the beginning of the season.

Yes,Yveltal will be present in even more teams I think.It's so good against the (now) ever present dual primal (ok,I am not impartial but everyone knows how much I love Yveltal and how much I built around it this season lol).
Other than that,we better not forget the gravity spam teams,after I tried some of them I can say they are really devastating when used properly and that is not very difficult due to the playing mechanic of press Gravity+Blizzard/Precipice Blades.
I think there will be a lot less of Big six teams,due to the fact that while is still a strong archetype is not like the beginning of the season.
I agree. Yveltal is nice now. It can stack debuffs on Groudon, hit unbelievably hard, setup tailwind, spam dark moves, etc.
I don't think big 6 will be THAT rare. Big six is still quite a strong archetype, and when you build your team around countering its counters, it becomes quite the team.

I agree. Yveltal is nice now. It can stack debuffs on Groudon, hit unbelievably hard, setup tailwind, spam dark moves, etc.
I don't think big 6 will be THAT rare. Big six is still quite a strong archetype, and when you build your team around countering its counters, it becomes quite the team.
Yes of course,I didn't intend that is not strong anymore.It's only that now everyone and all its genealogic line are trying to counter them in every way ;D
I will probably use a big 6 or a dark spam team
I think they are both solid choices.Big six because are big six.Dark spam because is really fun to use.

Yes of course,I didn't intend that is not strong anymore.It's only that now everyone and all its genealogic line are trying to counter them in every way ;D

I think they are both solid choices.Big six because are big six.Dark spam because is really fun to use.
Oh yes, I really love Yveltal and dark spam teams :heart:

It is interesting to think that I could theoretically qualify for Worlds off of this IC. Not likely, but technically possible.

Battles for this has begun.

On a side note, my OR cart was banned from competition, presumably for syncing with it at a time in my save from BEFORE the previous sync (it's a long story), so I haven't played this season at all. So, in desperation for the mewtwo code I entered my AS where I have currently just defeated the Mayville gym.

But I need to do battles, and so I am using my in game team..ranging from lvl 22-28 and an UT modest zapdos. I just wanted to share this

E4DG-WWWW-WW4B-XP6T

I went 1:2 >_<

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Done my first 15 matches. What I've seen so far
-zero double primal teams
-a few variations of big 6, the closest resemblance replacing Mega Mence with Cress
-a few RayOgre teams
-two teams with Xerneas that weren't big 6
-three teams with Ray that weren't RayOgre
-one Yveltal but it wasn't on a dark spam team; it was paired with Primal Groudon
-sadly about half the teams I've seen are from people not well acquainted with the tier sadly. More than the last IC. In part because I had difficulty finding opponents for my last 5 matches. I saw a team with Gastrodon, Sylveon, Cradily, Aegislash, and female Meowstic. And yes there were only 5 Pokemon on that team.

Summary of the legendaries I've seen in order of most frequent: Primal Groudon, Rayquaza, Xerneas, Primal Kyogre, and tied Yveltlal and Reshiram (the latter on a questionable team)
I've faced more Mega Ray and Mega Mence than Mega Kang this format - i've only faced one Mega Kang so far. No Mega Gengars or Mawiles. I've also seen Mega Gard, Mega Zard X and Mega Audino on not-so-good teams.

I'm 21-9....
Tbh I don't want to continue because it bores me to lose failed moves and suffer hax :/

I feel the exact same way honestly. A good 2-3 matches lost this morning due to similar issues, I also am sick of losing speed ties. For once it'd be nice to win a speed tie and enjoy the victories that could have easily been mine, although I'm not trying to get too worked up over these things and just trying to have fun(Shiny Ray event finally used). Sounds corny but the last competition I was in I was too uptight and just didn't enjoy the process at all, can't play like that.

20-10..last day always the toughest, hopefully I can crack 30. Gl to the rest of my Smogon brethren!

Does anyone here experience intermittent network connection during the challenge? Many times during the battles, connection was disrupted. I had 4 loses because of this. :(

Anyone know how your final ranking is worked out? Is it your highest peak achieved across the 45 battles or the ranking you have at the end? I'm currently on my highest peak of the tournament with 2 games to go, so I don't want to risk playing and losing if it'll affect my final score.

Anyone know how your final ranking is worked out? Is it your highest peak achieved across the 45 battles or the ranking you have at the end? I'm currently on my highest peak of the tournament with 2 games to go, so I don't want to risk playing and losing if it'll affect my final score.
Your ranking will be determined by what you end the tournament with.

I can't do all 45 battles, so I have a low rating...
Anyway I used this time last weekend: Groudon-Primal, Smeargle, Raichu, Salamence-Mega, Kangaskhan-Mega and Xerneas.

Hey guys, this was my first VGC online event. Does it take some time for the Play! points to be awarded, or did I mess something up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)