2016 International Challenge January

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me it's just saying "you cannot enter this competition" so I wonder if sign ups are full?
I've heard that if they say "You cannot enter this competition" it means that they have banned you from these competitions for whatever reason. I can't say for sure, but that's what I think happened for you.

Anyone else having trouble signing up? When I try to sign up it tells me that the competition I was in has already ended and shows me the April international challenge.
Are you trying to sign up in game or on the Global Link? I don't think you can sign up in-game.

But ff it's on the Global link, did you either A)DC alot in your last comp or b)use something that was possibly genned? And more importantly, are your rankings still available?

If not, I fear you may have been sacked.

Last edited:
I got off to a really bad start with 4 straight losses, and I was about to give up, but then I remembered I am really just playing for fun and rage quitting is definitely not, and I went 10-1 after that to salvage a 10-5 record on day 1. I had a few satisfying timer wins and nice comebacks and a few embarrassing losses and overall, being a seperate competition with limited battles somehow creates added pressure which made everything more intense, but anyway, good luck to everyone this weekend.

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
Man you guys are so good.....

I think I'm 6-4 rn which isn't too great. Two of my losses were due to unfortunate hax but I can't complain too much as relying on an 85% accurate move isn't the best. The other two were from poor playing on my end and maybe some flaws in my team.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
15-6 as well. Been finding quite a few holes with my team. Really wish I had Taunt over Fake Tears on my liepard, and my xerneas has been useless in almost every match I've brought it to. I really feel like every team is too prepared for xern these days. Don't quite know what to change it to yet though.

15-6 as well. Been finding quite a few holes with my team. Really wish I had Taunt over Fake Tears on my liepard, and my xerneas has been useless in almost every match I've brought it to. I really feel like every team is too prepared for xern these days. Don't quite know what to change it to yet though.
I know, right? Once I stopped leading with it, I started winning more. I guess being one of the most dangerous setup sweepers in the meta game will do that to you. Most teams are completely built to stop it.

Anyway, I'm either 12-8 or 13-8 right now (really which they'd let you view it without battling). I'll probably end up finishing after all.

I was feeling really bitter at the start though. I can't explain why.

With less than half a day left, I haven't even started :p Combination of work, the flu, and child rearing has kept me from participating. Oh well! There's always next time

With less than half a day left, I haven't even started :p Combination of work, the flu, and child rearing has kept me from participating. Oh well! There's always next time
Yeah, kinda wish I had took that route as I didn't have the time either, but I made room for it.

I still have like 11 games to play and the comp ends in like 30 minutes my time, so I say that's about it.

At least I won 20 games and only lost 14, which isn't anything to write home about, but considering the power of the pokes allowed and the fact that I'm not used to doubles yet, I say it's a small step forward for me.

One thing I will say is that it's starting to look like Trick Room is becoming THE strategy to beat in the meta game. I just don't know how to build against it without hurting my team in nearly every other condition. Maybe an Imprison Poke with the move to block it? Couldn't be any more useless than the TogeKiss I brought...I'll edit in the Pokes I used once the comp is officially over.

But I will try my hand more at this format in Battle Spot Special, but with a more revamped team.

Edit: And here it is. 20-14.

InternationalCup.png

No idea what would have happened in the final 11 games, but I felt I could've squeezed at least 5-6 more wins out of this team.

Thanks again to Theorymon for the Xerneas. It was fun surprising Groudon's who thought they had a free switch in with a +2 HP Ground (lol).

My only few regrets though? Not building my team more around Kyorge, not having a Dragon type or something to soak up special hits, and I really could have used another Mega. Swamp would have filled at least 2 of those roles, I just didn't have the time to breed it (not to mention starter breeding sucks).

My TogeKiss turned out to be worthless sadly unless the player was a beginner who didn't know what was coming, but I suppose the whole "Follow me, Geomancy" thing is easily telegraphed in team preview, so I'm not shocked it didn't work in must matches.

Also, the safety goggles wasn't a great item choice as I only ran into one Spore user, and I OHKO'ed it with a double target that match, so they had absolutely no use what so ever. Should have opted for lefties instead. I didn't start winning until I switched things up.

Lastly, my Kangaskhan move set is odd, I will admit, but Facade did do a nice job of screwing players over who tried to neutralize it with a burn. The 2 elemental punches were added because needed something safe to deal with my team's glaring weakness to Ferrothorn while still being able to deal decent damage if I wasn't burned or opposing Groudon's had Sun up, but having both was probably a bit much. Not to mention I dealt with most of Ferrothorns I faced pretty easily, so Fire Punch wasn't even necessary.

I just needed to do a better job at team building and I would have probably got off to a much better start, but I still had fun nevertheless. Can't wait until a tour with most of these pokes banned in it is announced. This made me appreciate the "no legends" thing more and more every match.

Last edited:
I completely forgot to sign up and do this, thus, sitting at 0-0, I have 0 losses. Undefeated. Bitches.
However if people want to post up rankings / battle box screenies I can add all those goodies to the OP, it's been popular in older ICs and random Battle Spot tourneys :P

I decided to end at 16-0. I got sick over the weekend and didn't feel well enough to play :(

I will say this, was VERY pleased with my last minute decision to add Nidoking to the team. Such a Xerneas and Groudon killer! Felt it would be a great fit in this format and did not disappoint.

Finished 28-17.
I will say this, was VERY pleased with my last minute decision to add Nidoking to the team. Such a Xerneas and Groudon killer! Felt it would be a great fit in this format and did not disappoint.
That sounds so cool. What was its set?

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Didn't do any more battles since my last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)