2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez doing shit then scoring some tap-ins, world class. praised by everyone.
You pretty much just described Ronaldo. That guy gets praised so much it's ridiculous. One example is he gets praised for leading his country to an international trophy. However, Ronaldo had a shit tournament and was injured for most of the final. In fact, the ones who deserve praise were Pepe, Sanches and Nani but Ronaldo gets the credit for cheerleading.

Oh no doubt. Sanchez is seriously just a shorter Ronaldo. Whiny attitude and shit, drives me insane. I'm sure he makes the players around him want to step up and be better, but the passion and intensity turns to making the Arsenal players start to question themselves and feel like.. if I dont give the ball to Sanchez he's going to just yell at me and wave his arms.

Ronaldo might be a whiny bitch and get bullshit tap-in hattricks like he did vs Atletico? But he is a fucking beast as well.

That tournament though, when he did jack shit and wasted every single free kick opportunity? Yeah.. no idea why it's "RONALDO FINALLY LEADS HIS COUNTRY TO A TROPHY"

You pretty much just described Ronaldo. That guy gets praised so much it's ridiculous. One example is he gets praised for leading his country to an international trophy. However, Ronaldo had a shit tournament and was injured for most of the final. In fact, the ones who deserve praise were Pepe, Sanches and Nani but Ronaldo gets the credit for cheerleading.
and Raphaël Guerreiro, and Rui Patricio

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
that's some bullshit right there.... retrospective action of that sort is a can of worms, but I can see why you'd need that. diving is fucking cancer. I wonder how much players would actually do it if it weren't drilled onto their heads by "tactical" managers and coaches.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I wonder how much players would actually do it if it weren't drilled onto their heads by "tactical" managers and coaches.
Having played in a team myself (as well as amateur futsal tournaments) people dive as much or even more than pro players. Doesn't have anything to do with managers

My ideal vision would be teams are docked points if players end up diving to get game-changing decisions but I don't know how that would, if it could, actually work.

Anyway, Liverpool seem nailed on for CL qualifiers right now. Unless the worst attacking side can muster up a four goal comeback.

Chelsea should be docked points for that stupid John Terry send off BS...

and no 4th Place Trophy for Arsenal this year... scousers nicked it.

Congrats to Chelsea and the rest of the top 4. Arsenal in the EL means Sanchez is 95% leaving imo. The 5% doubt is because he's settled in London and likes living there but he could easily move to Chelsea in that case. I think Ozil will stay though and it's really not his fault the team has been crap for the last few months; it's the central midfield and central defence that has been so poor.

Which brings me to the next point, the 3-4-3! It really shows up how tactically incompetent Wenger has been now he's resorted to copying other people's formations and only because Arsenal were heading out of the top 4 in an act of desperation. However in a way I'm glad because it's really the perfect formation for Arsenal. Wenger's 4 at the back was really a 2 at the back because both full backs disappear up the pitch. Most other top managers on the continent got their defensive mid to come back in to effectively form a back 3 in possession but Wenger never bothered with this so Arsenal have been getting done on the counter for the last 10 years by Ferguson and Mourinho. So the reason the back 3 is so much more secure is because it's a whole 50% more defensive than Wenger's old back 2. It also means he can play dangerous players like the Ox in a wide position leaving 3 at the back instead of a full back like Bellerin who is less effective going forward (although still no slouch) leaving only 2 at the back. So at once it's more defensive and more potent going forward.

The last and most important knock on effect is it naturally creates triangles across the pitch unlike his old 4-3-3. A coach like Guardiola will tell his players exactly where to be in relation to the ball so his 4-3-3 is well drilled to create passing opportunities. Wenger educates his players but doesn't do any tactics with them, preferring to let them express themselves. This is simply retarded in the modern game and often you find the front 3 and the full backs in a line which creates no passing angle for the man on the ball. But with a 3-4-3, Wenger doesn't have to coach tactics because the players are naturally in a position to receive balls on the diagonal (the optimal route to goal). So now they are more solid, can accommodate more attacking players and Wenger can be snobbish and doesn't have to do tactics because the players are naturally oriented in a good passing pattern. It's literally perfect for Wenger's purist attacking philosophy and perfect for Arsenal's players who aren't great defensively.

If I sound strangely upbeat about the whole thing it's because I've already resigned myself to Sanchez leaving and a terrible season coming up. But the players are young and Wenger has his eyes on another 18 year old Nigerian playing in Belgium! What a signing he's gonna be in 5 years time!

Which brings me to the next point, the 3-4-3! It really shows up how tactically incompetent Wenger has been now he's resorted to copying other people's formations and only because Arsenal were heading out of the top 4 in an act of desperation.
Man.. he can't win with you people..

Doesn't change his tactics and adapts -- YOU'RE OUTDATED AND RUINING THE CLUB!

Changes his tactics and adapts -- STOP COPYING OTHER PEOPLE YOU'RE DESPERATE!

Wenger in/out is the biggest debate of the decade. We all want him to go out to a deserved successful season, we want to continue to give him the benefit of the doubt because we know he has proven himself before(or was it the players..), but allowing him to go out on his terms.. and do his own thing.. completely conflicts everything that has to do with what is going on with Arsenal FC and the slow decline we are on. Sure Arsenal owes him so much.. but do we need to let him keep the club hostage to show our respect and appreciation? No.

Do I blame the owners for allowing this mentality to set in? Hell yes. But we also need a manager that will demand change, who knows if that will ever happen or they will appoint a manager that will be outspoken in that regard. Stan wants money, he doesn't give a fuck about success. Note every franchise he owns..

He should pay Sanchez whatever he wants to stay and get rid of Ozil to do it. He kills most of the tactics Arsenal could play. He is one dimensional and has only a good half season in the league to his name, he wouldn't get in to any of the other top 6 teams, yet wants to be made one of the highest paid players in the league. Probably the most overated player in the league.

If someone like PSG come in with a bid for 25m+ they should snap their hands off.

It doesn't matter if Wenger is out or not, anyone will be viewed as a failure because the expectations are way too high. Outside of Sanchez, Cech and maybe Koscienly (Cazorla isn't reliable enough) its a team of mid table / Europa league players who are somehow expected to win the league and challenge for the Champions League. The fans expect them to be Barcelona yet their level is more like Villareal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)