2013 International Challenge (OVER!)

It's that time once again, and here is the proof!

Date: 00:00 UTC, Friday, March 22, 2013, through 23:59 UTC, Monday, March 25, 2013
Registration Period: 00:00 UTC, Thursday, March 14, 2013, through 23:59 UTC, Thursday March 21, 2013
•Battle Format: Double Battle

•Rankings will be decided based on player Ratings at the end of the competition.

•Players may use Pokémon found in the Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 National Pokédex, from No. 001–649.

•The following Pokémon cannot be used in this competition:
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Chatot, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect

•Pokémon may not hold the item Soul Dew.

•Pokémon may not use the move Sky Drop or Dark Void during battle.
Feel free to go nuts, VGC fans. You know I would.

Preparing for it now. Pokemon.com won't accept my username and password (which I know for a fact is correct since I wrote it down) for some reason.

I hope the rage quits are less this time...
I've been disqualified from the past two tournaments because of them >_>

But anyways good luck everyone!
Hopefully I'll battle you~

Ingo said:
I hope the rage quits are less this time...
I've been disqualified from the past two tournaments because of them >_>

But anyways good luck everyone!
Hopefully I'll battle you~
Good luck to you, too!

Are you a master or senior?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Signing up, but I think I'll hold off from immediately entering like I did for the rotation tourney. And hopefully this time Gamefreak/Nintendo doesn't fuck up, and decide not to rank me.

Yeah this'll be pretty cool, you know, barring D/Cs. At least I have a new team ready this time.

For some reason I feel like the next International Challenge promotional image will have the Hoenn starters in it (and that we'll see three more of thse challenges before the release of X and Y). Just a hunch, though....

With a bit luck we might not get kicked out this time. This is going to be our first practice experience in VGC format so we hope we are sufficiently prepared. Double only, we assume.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah this'll be pretty cool, you know, barring D/Cs. At least I have a new team ready this time.

For some reason I feel like the next International Challenge promotional image will have the Hoenn starters in it (and that we'll see three more of thse challenges before the release of X and Y). Just a hunch, though....
Just two more of these this season after this one. The Japan Cup is using the Gen 5 starters though and that's the only other WiFi tournament left that will play a part in the VGC circuit.

Aw yeah! Got a nice team ready to play, gonna do this well. Aiming for a top ten finish!

Fantom0, from South-West England. Caption is (I think) "GOOD LUCK! is the reason for RAGE!"

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
I'm definitely planning to enter this tournament. Hopefully I can do as well as I did in the previous Rotation tournament - top 5 is going to be tough to match ^_^

OT: Cyanide

Good luck everyone!

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I plan to be in it as I'll use an experimental team this time that I might consider using for the April regionals.

My message: WEAK is STRENGTH, right?

Having some troubles loading Global Link this morning, but definitely entering. Going as Ryan from Pennsylvania, Roughneck trainer class.

Preparing for it now. Pokemon.com won't accept my username and password (which I know for a fact is correct since I wrote it down) for some reason.
An official statement on TGCO said that they're currently having a lot of technical difficulties with account information, and they're working hard to get it fixed.

So everybody, do you think that techniloom will STILL be a huge think like in the last tournament?

And what are you expectations when facing a japanese player?

One thing: My sister is going to participate in the senior's league this year. How do you think it is different from the master class, since we use the (exact) same team? Should we expect more or less unsportsmanlike behaviour?

The Knights of Wario Land said:
An official statement on TGCO said that they're currently having a lot of technical difficulties with account information, and they're working hard to get it fixed.
Thanks, its been starting to work recently. :)

One thing: My sister is going to participate in the senior's league this year. How do you think it is different from the master class, since we use the (exact) same team? Should we expect more or less unsportsmanlike behaviour?
Poor behavior comes from poor sports, regardless of age. Either of you two have an equal risk of being DCed on in any given battle.

Maybe entering, if I manage to finish my team on time.

"I never miss GRANDMOTHER. It's part of what I do every day." LOL
"Behold! My TEST TICKLE!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)