Tournament 1v1 WC VII Discussion Thread

Awesome performance ASPAC, incredibly proud of you all and good games to central, you guys did awesome with a roster most people wouldn't have expected to make finals on paper at the start of the tour and the newer players did really well in carrying on central's wc legacy despite losing some of your strongest players.

After playing 1v1 for about 3 years in the tour scene and longer than that as an ss/sm ladderkid I finally got my first official tour win. The last time I played in a finals was in my time on the Barraskewdas where I choked the hell out of a game 5 win, I won't lie when I say my perception of myself as a playoffs/finals choker was still in my head during this tour and it feels good to overcome the doubts I had about my play. My team played amazingly and this is kinda the first tour I've had where I've taken an extremely passive role in the team structure due to my lack of knowledge about SV and no more double SM slot to cook with, I have less free time these days to dedicate to mons so my multi-slot building days are past me but luckily everyone on my team was incredibly active in their channels and helped each other out a lot.

You can say we had superteam privilege but under the surface of that, Asia Pacific was really just many people grinding their slots to get their first official 1v1 team tour/world cup win and our hunger for that combined with our strong roster were key to making it out on top. As well as the starting players on our team, we had incredible scouting support from realaccountami and Stravench (who also spam built teams in case of emergency) all tour which was insanely helpful and I really appreciate that even though it wasn't directed to my slot. You kept the activity up and were great vibes.

I'm gonna do some shoutouts sort of unrelated to this tour but more as to why I'm still playing pokemon 1v1 in 2023:
dogknees- You literally got me into the tour scene when my only accomplishment was doing well on ladder, gave me a fair shot and despite a bit of an underperformance in my first WC it allowed me to learn more and make more friends in the community. If you read this hi and hope you're doing well <3
Potatochan- Similar to dogknees, made my first team tour experience incredibly fun and would likely not keep playing without you
clerica- My first 1v1 rival, I wish you luck with whatever you're doing these days and thanks for being around for me. At this rate I'm never matching your trophy case even if I somehow win every tour in the next 2 years but I finally got one on the board rahhh
eblurb- Its been a ride seeing you get older and also get much better at this game, you have always been fun to talk to
Waylaid Fragments and a certain almond- Thank you for working hard in Slakings and bearing with my unexperienced ass you were absolutely fantastic teammates
crucify- Best 1v1 manager I have ever seen (sorry deg you're second), learned a lot about the game from teaming with you and thanks for managing with me. @2022barras (all of you), that tour was awesome and I still haven't seen a cg prep armada like that to this day
zo- You say the wildest stuff but you're always around if I need a chat and it goes both ways
DripLegend- n_n and I hope you can be proud with how you've played and managed your team despite how the very last series went
RTM- Its fire to have another australian in the scene I can count on, happy to see you pop off in multiple tours now (even though your trashtalking causes me abdominal pain I appreciate you)
Elo Bandit- Your videos are the reason I got into 1v1 on PS in the first place, so you get the final and maybe the most significant shoutout (you might be the goat)

Was a fun tour and sorry for boomerposting but I felt it was appropriate. Last thanks to the many friends and acquaintances in the community I know who I didn't call out individually but always keep the vibes up, I appreciate you all :)

That was a fun tour, shoutout Asia Pacific for drafting me again this year and for being amazing in the team chat. Y'all were awesome especially realaccountami? for scouting and the theory crafting that we did (too bad we didn't make a formal ting-lu team lmao) I hope to see you around more in future tournaments and hopefully we'll team up again, DEG and Kaif for drafting me, and to Baleblaze, Close and LeCehlou for convincing me to join this WC. There's too many people to shout out that did well this tournament including my own teammates LOL. Hope to see y'all around soon.

Teams that they didn't want to use smh :<
SV https://pokepast.es/a0a28637496efade
SS https://pokepast.es/85608715c00c11e8
BW https://pokepast.es/4db9f307dd3013a4

Last edited:
not feeling too wordy, c?o was a super fun team to play on everyone was super nice and it was a really cool environment to be a part of, sorry i did so shit in poolslol

dump

Urfgurgle DripLegend ty for drafting me was fun to play in sv again and get more tour experience wish I could’ve done better for this team but w/e you guys were both super fun and great managers. ty for being there when I was dooming in dms drip u a sage man, also seeing bwurf go sicko mode was cool.
bea your a chill nice person etc etc stop dooming your good at the game <3 (was fun playing you)
delemon chill + sends me song reqs also doesn’t hate on me for liking cold fries
Vertigo chill guy to talk to + was fancy1 moral support at some point in the tour
bored_glitch i really hope your irl gets better you are a super nice and chill person to talk to
SwordIsBored you a jit but you my jit
eblurb chill guy + song reqs
Bernian hii
Opchurtle100 you are legit one of the best bw builders/players oat stop getting yourself banned
Rellia was fun to be on a team with you, chill funny dude
LRXC you are a literal crackhead, revived every channel basically daily near the end of wc with crazy ideas, (half)sorry I never brought them, was fun to vc with you though
@ alex bro idk what your smog is LOL anyways im coffin in vgc gc but its super cool to hear about how well your doing in it rn
deddd hope your irl gets better
doc1203 hiiii ily

Last edited:

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
First off, congrats to ASPAC on winning the tour. You guys are amazing and tough for anyone to beat, overall a great team.
Wow. I can’t believe I would be playing competitive pokémon in damn near 2024 but here I am. After not playing for nearly 3 years, I was persuaded by a few friends to play once again and am I glad I did. Despite being halfway through rigormortis, Urfgurgle and DripLegend trusted in me to play on the team and even though I didn’t do the greatest, they never lost hope in me. I will admit, throwing me into a tier i’ve never played after 2 and a half years is ballsy haha. Chatting it up, talking about old 1v1, testing teams, and doing QOTD’s were honestly highlights of this tour for me.Thanks to each and every one of my teammates for making this a memorable experience for me and accepting my old self. I will never forget it. It’s never a team tour without aidan going negative! :crying:

Joining this community at age 12, I had no clue what I was getting myself into. Little did I know that this website and various users would help me grow up in a sense and help me find who I am today. From being a complete nobody at the end of ORAS, to leading US East for a couple years, to coming back for one last go around in 2023, this website and its people will always have a soft spot in my heart. I’m glad I got to experience this one more time before I leave for my own endeavors, it meant the world to me. Thank you everyone for the memories good and bad, and if anyone ever wants to chat it up just add me on discord @ayedaen. With that being said, im officially done with competitive mons.
Forever and Always,
aidan

Don’t forget about 5 hennys mode

probably gonna be a long one, feel free to skim read, I have a fair amount to say

the superteam:
DEG - Glad we could squash the petty beef between us as a result of disagreeing on just about everything 1v1 tiering related... You're a super cool guy and fun to be around. You definitely helped foster a different environment from my past team tours and were a beast when it came to playing this wc. Tc bro, hope we can team up in a future tour, gl in champs.

Kaif - Cool asf finally teaming up with you after watching from the sidelines for a while. U achieve good results quietly and while at face value ur record this tour doesn't look too great, your wins were very meaningful to the team. Your level of prep and process surrounding prep is what I aspire to reach. You're great to talk to, it's been nice getting closer with u since u were freed :) . Gl in your tft endeavours!

LittEleven - Grats on the convincing 6-0! You're a pleasure to around and always down to help/test/chat. Don't have much to say besides that, you're a super cool guy and i'm glad u KD'd ur way to the Warriors, unsure we could've won without u. Gl in champs/tft!

stravench - Wow. I don't get impressed too easily but your prep and committment is insane to me. You're my go-to for tests and teambuilding help and while you played more of a supportive role this tour, you are clearly a very skilled player. Sorry for the times I reused instead of using your teams, but I sealed the win for us with one of your teams, so u can't be too mad about that. Appreciate u as a friend and love trading bo5/7s with you randomly. Tc bro <3

Bopher - Great to have another aussie around. You're pretty good at the game and u probably know it already. Thanks for always standing by me through times of me being an asshole etc. Appreciate u man!

realaccountami? - Workhorse. Always had scouts up for most slots and while you didn't play and didn't do much building, i'm so greatful for the intangibles u bring to the team. Always cheering everyone on and making life a LOT easier for everyone. You did great holding down the fort in mono as well. Thanks heaps!

bored_glitch - Great friend, I first remember seeing you in horrors cord using waifu bot and was so confused as to who you are. I get to know u through room and realise that you are randomly really good at the game, especially building, maybe early-mid 2022. Great teaming up with u and even though u had some unfortunate circumstances throughout the tour, you managed to push through and win when we needed you to most. Tc bro, pls learn sv, the setcomp needs u.

Baleblaze - FAR from washed. 5-1 on sheet but 6-0 in our hearts, always building random stuff (torkoal) yet never building actual tour teams. Super cool guy and great to have around, always active and cheering people on, was always fun cooking mid set with you during some of your series. Lets hope u don't become washed for a long while.

Exotic64 - Happy you got the opportunity to play, you build remarkably well for someone with very little involvement with the tier. Always around for tests and great to chat with. You were subbed in to play a bo7 series, which you definitely showed your potential in, given you hadn't played dlc1 1v1 at all afaik and i'm psure you built some of the teams used. Gl in whatever u wanna do outside of 1v1, hope ur back for next wc.

Euphonos - The enthusiasm was very much appreciated, happy you got to play dpp in finals! Very supportive and we go back a decent amount of time. Tc man!

Palestine - Never really talked to you much tbh. Great player record aside and very entertaining to watch play. Tc man!
friends:
delemon - Really wanted to meet u in bo7 but thats just not the way things worked out unfortunately. Super funny guy and great at 1v1. Not wanting to fall too far behind you helps motivate me to win. Thanks for the on and off support throughout the tour, tc bro.
eblurb - Thanks heaps for the support / tests / kanye recs / files / nicks. Super appreciative of u man, gl in school, tft etc.
Nick - One of my ogs and closest friends on the site, stay on the grind, tc man <3 .
Adam3560 - Og as well. You're one of the only people I consistently open reels from, even including irls. Love u bro ur the goat.
@ physician numbers - Og, wish u were still around lol, you'll probs see this just letting u know I appreciate u, idk if i'd still be playing if not for u.
@deceasedgamermale - Og, went ghost on most of us but just letting u know I care.

I'm not trying to tag half the community, just know if i've spoken to you at all, I probably have positive things I could say about you.
rps:

Surprising to some i'm sure, i'm not all that irritable, or loud, or headstrong irl, however one thing I am is competitive. I'm naturally very competitive and the idea of losing in anything isn't very appealing to me. While I wasn't making this too clear in the builder as most of my teammates could probably confirm, I feel like I played and clicked very well, going 6-0. I was slotted sv4, letting a more motivated Kaif bo7, thinking bo5 pools would be randomised as usual. So it's a surprise when I see my opponents. While you can chalk my success in sv4 up to experience, I feel like my opponents, namely xdRudi and ToasterBoi punched way above their level of experience and wouldn't seem out of place in sv1. I made it through pools, mostly reusing the same stuff, older umpl teams, and the 5 ish teams I made throughout pools.

https://pokepast.es/02e612498751c0d3

Towards the end of pools, replays decided to shit themselves which was annoying. My next opponent was cold illusions (pg), who i felt confident against due to the fashion of my win vs them in hpl. They did pose somewhat of a challenge, with interesting builds although I won to secure the 7-1 week win.

https://pokepast.es/b14ba60b8a0e3400

Finals vs driplegend, I knew prep would be a huge determinant in who would win. Scouting was annoying with drip trolling in a post week win series vs delemon, so I had about 2 series worth of teams to go off. The plan was to: 1. Fish/Lure g1 at very least 2. Bring shit with broken mons that is hard to punish, with mu fishes included. The g1 team paid off, as my ability shield stall azu 3-0d. g2, i'm unsure whether I was 3-0d by espa or I needed to click dpulse but that left the score 1-1. g3 I basically loaded dlc1 the team and won with oger predicting azu, making the score 2-1. g4 I loaded shifu zap diancie into a fairly good mu and correctly picked zap into corv. I was seriously thinking about clicking diancie there and had I of, I might not be making this post right now. g5 was a Strav team and in a fairly uncertain turn of events, I had won the series and the tournament.

g1 - https://pokepast.es/6f2389f44d5f6e4c
g2- https://pokepast.es/43472bef629d25f6
g3- https://pokepast.es/25e943cb55eacddc
g4- https://pokepast.es/c27fb28a2c9748aa

This feeling was fairly unknown to me as every 1v1 team I've been on up to this point have been fairly below average (besides cone <3), so the idea of winning a 1v1 teamtour was completely foreign. Thanks for reading if you made it this far, I appreciate it.

Special shoutout OM for all the loser dies pings, I'd like to think they were the reason we got so far. And also to Heika for hosting.

ggs everyone, wooo aspac, rtm out

Elo Bandit

youtube.com/ EloBandit
is a Community Contributor
Last edited:

DEG

the night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
2 trophies in 2 weeks ggs. Being a playing manager is really tough, and every WC I get reminded why I've never self-bought during PL. On-top of preparing you slot, your duty as a manager is to prepare your teammates mentally and building wise so the double role is something really tough. From one side you're responsible of building for your or multiple slots and from the other side you get asked which team to bring next during the game. s/o APAC for the good times and grats to everyone involved within the team even if not everything went your way. s/o Heika and Arai for hosting. see you next tour!

Also as a side note I don't have a problem with anyone in the community sob emoji, if you think we have beef it's one sided lolol

took me a while to write this, its gonna be a long post. if you want to see the wc shoutouts only, it'll be in a spoiler near the bottom

1703680223069.png

fruan come back :c, I still have no idea how, why or when you started teaching me sv, from the earliest days of encoredisable val mus to watching me vent as I epicly failed at ape and gren suspect. Thank you very much for getting me interested in a metagame that I otherwise would not have had interest in!

Murman after fraun's activity dropped off a cliff, I kinda just laddered a bunch of prehome which was getting stale, which also happened to be around the time you picked me up for sv tutoring. Appreciate all that you've taught me for prep, I absolutely used all of that info!

stravench ahh strav, I have so much to say to you lmao. From the days of us playing a bunch of ss for fun to me trying out for heatrans, I enjoyed speaking to my fellow +8 user. Between putting me on heatrans as a helper to recommending me to deg and beyond, I dont know where I would be right now if you didn't believe I had what it takes to be on a team :>

pl was a pretty wild ride; it was the first team tour I tried to contribute actively to. a combination of not really knowing my stuff, not really knowing how to help, not knowing much about being in a teamcord in general. I mean, look at this lmao
1703680205751.png

1703680211639.png

(this is my 2v2pool league teamcord)
Overall, I didn't do much this pl, but I did learn to scout and got some connections, especially gotta thank RTM NTG Cuz IDK stravench Eeveekid10 for recognising my efforts and making the teamcord experience feel a little more welcoming. Also wanna thank the rhyps Murman Elo Bandit Bernian especially for being cool people and letting me in the rhyps cord to see how another team preps and what I could learn from it.
If I learnt 1 thing from pl, it would be this- to become valued, you have to add value. Anyone could be a scoutbot (and add what sets were used, timer usage on 1-2s or 2-1s etc), but what makes me unique, would be the unique perspective that I had. Call out 'x person is weak to fires' or 'let's spam custap this week' and ofc building is what would unlock my next level, at least that's what I took away from this pl.

Come wc, thru some struggles and convincing (shoutout the asia-pacific heatrans for all vouching for me, couldn't have done it without you!) I got on the roster. Pools I was still adapting to the climate, everyone was cool and I made scouts and stuff, though regretablly I did not go the extra mile that I should have, and I was also away week 4+semis (travelling). Either way, it was cool coming into the teamchat everyday to see if I could offer tests, ev stuff and I would say that I worked well with the team. Finished top of pools, and made the scouts for semis on phone LOL, this was quite the experience. Despite being active less, I think it actually worked out better, as on the downtime I'd think harder on what I'd want to say in teamchat, how better I could contribute, and I'd say that Semis and Finals were my best weeks as a teammate.

I believe that my support level had risen by a lot, and the next step, is to well help in building LOL. I didn't want to play a lot of dlc1 SV for some reason, and building off reading the vr is not the same as building when you actually know the metagame. For whatever my next tour is, my goal is to actually know the metagame much better than just on the surface. :D

note: I lost my builder around the start of wc, so a lot of the pl sets are recreations off the messages/pastes I sent in teamchat. For certain mons, such as w4 sableye, what exactly I loaded is lost to time (unless I find a dump that I forgot I made), so I can only guess from the building process
Well, for anyone interested, my monopoke journey started at the start of pl, where i was asked to play with Eeveekid10 and stravench's support. Monopoke has unironically made me relearn a good bit about ev'ing and really understanding and looking thru a pokemon's moveset. Gotta shoutout stravench Bernian Eeveekid10 Murman fruan for chipping in and passing me sets and tests, especially for the 2 weeks I was travelling (last week of pools+semis)

Week 1: I wasnt playing yet
:braixen: trick t1, cm and rest till you win
:palkia: bulldoze->outrage 50/50s scarf (win the speed tie), but you lose to other haban palk just clicking outrage t1
:pawniard: saying this thing was a pain to build as a first time builder would be a huge, huge understatement. i dont know how many minutes i spent in the calc figuring out wp, chople, scarf, etc and said screw it im running jolly band and winning the speed tie (dont face scarf)
:poipole: none of us in the building squad understood really what to bring, looking back at it (i did not spend any time in the calc) scarf/specs drago probably could not have been bad.
:roaring moon: this thing was a pain to make as well, in the end after wasting a lot of time trying to make haban live scale shot (it cant) we just ran scarf (win the tie)

Oh yea, and some interesting stuff happened on the thread :D
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/1v1pl-vii-week-2.3724276/post-9701486
Week 3: Soulwind did not want to play (the host pinged random famous players if teams did not slot anyon for monopoke)
:ceruledge: endure into shadow claw, sneak is a cool tech to beat opposing ceruledge if they try to be cool with sclaw->endure (pray they arnt jolly sneak lol, im pretty sure ada was needed for something but i didnt really post my thought process during this period of time, so I have no idea
:heatran: got outprepped by my opponent on this one, losing to rock tomb->earth power. It was a result of not looking hard enough into a pokemon's movepool, a mistake which I am glad I learnt early.
:lechonk: lechonk, my beloved pig and the centre of a huge meme in the community lmao. I had no idea where to take this, I put on a stall set and didn't even know what to be calcing against, it probably can be optimised further in the hands of someone more experienced. In game I got crit (this will be a common theme with my stalls) and unfortunately lost
:Seismitoad: I dont remember the optimisations on this, endure and custap pwhip (hope they aren't rindo, which I ran into). Poison touch for the chance to beat opposing toad spamming endure
:sableye: As alluded to earlier, the sableye set has unfortunately been lost to time. From what I can trace, its either specs/scarf with dgleam and trick (I dont remember if it actually is important or not, but you click dgleam t1 100% of the time)
1703680104161.png

1703680115159.png

1703680132628.png

and thats all that was posted for this week :C
(I was busy, and who ever subbed in for me deadgamed anyway)
1703680080094.png

well, I sure hope I dont miss anything important in the info dump here!

:Absol: scarf, click whatever you think they don't have a resist berry for
:Drilbur: cool stall set I made, I don't remember if this won or not :c
:Klink: ngl, I have no idea what this is supposed to do LOL
:Mewtwo: well, I sure hope I dont miss anything important in the info dump from eeveekid! I didnt check Mewtwo's movepool until the end, showing that I didn't learn from losing the heatran game. I clicked ice beam, only to lose to dark pulse. Fun fact: this mewtwo set is taken from my buddy ox04's team (please stop getting banned :c ), which is why it is tera fire
:Natu: taken from little cup, a neat little set. Natu lost to a tech, I believe
:Trapinch: max/max band, jolly is able to beat some stall that I calc'd for, which is cool for the tie
the elo bandit week
:Elgyem: imprison is something cool that stravench came up with I believe, and is a nice 4th to tech basically anything that other elgyem can run
:Geodude-Alola: rock tomb is a cool tech, and speed control is maybe probably (i never made a list) the 2nd most important move to have in monopoke
:Lickitung: you can live brick break from non invested at 50, which is what belly drum is for
:Scyther: max/max scarf
:Slaking: monopoke wisdom: encore is broken. abuse it. didn't work out this time though
note: most games were not played on smogtours but rather on main, so most of the replays have been lost to time. I also have no idea where to neatly insert in replays so here they are
Other pl replays have been lost to the replay wipe.

Week 6: Natu. I lost to shadow ball dropping my spdef, but I think the set overall is fine. 6 mons were rolled for monopoke for some reason, and we were 3-3. We did !pick and the result was natu. I brought light screen>something, got tricked t1 and forfeit. A pretty crushing moment since I thought I had good prep all throughout the week and that natu was one of my better sets, but my opponent adapted better. Well played.

Week 7: Slaking. The set was 2-2, and I brought the slaking above, while the rhyps brought bulk up/protect/focus energy/protect(pp stall) with lefties, meaning 1 protect pp is worth 12%, and can be spammed from 1% until however much hp you want, assuming you have all the pp you need
I played it unoptimally, but I landed around 20 low kicks and 30 something bulldozes, of which 0 of them crit, leading to my death by struggle. RIP.

This was also the biggest loss to me over the whole season, more than when my lechonk got crit, more than when I lost mewtwo because I forgot it got dark pulse, more than when I swapped natu set mid set and still lost. The amount of pain when I sat for 20 minutes and got 0 crits was, put simply, painful. I didn't know when the next time I got to play monopoke would be, but this game taught me that luck is not cool.
:Annihilape: : idk what I was doing lmao, Bernian's dump has a much beter set
:Inteleon: I ran something else vs eeveekid made by stravench which I unfortunately lost, it was intel @ custap with reduced spdef ivs to be about 25 from specs intel, with endure if you want to setread physical and hyper beam I think? anyway, I didn't feel very comfortable with it, so I just swapped it for scarf, which by the way, FLINCHED TWICE SEVEN GAMES IN A ROW in tests, so I said yeah why not. (did not work vs lumii)
:Foongus: idk how to explain this, p much everyone ran it so just win the speedtie lol
:Zweilous: genius evs, you beat everything except jolly band/special zwe, which you 50/50 (speedtie). (you beat ada custap by protecting on the custap turn!)
:golduck: idk what this does either stravench gave this to me and it worked so... yeah!
:ogerpon-hearthflame:
:chien-pao:
:pangoro:
:Copperajah:
:tornadus:
I was away this week, all the sets above were very kindly made by Bernian, except tornadus, which I got Murman to make half an hour before the game. You want adamant torn here, since that gurantees fling->acrobatics kills no bulk, whereas jolly needs a full para to actually win
:Pawmo: Made by fruan, this beats cb, wp, roseli... unless you get crit, whoops. agility may be better than super fang, but I have no idea
:Chimchar: this guy is called inteleon 2, because I also flinched stravench 1000000 times during tests. That aside, tomb+encore means you get to beat anything slower than you, bu allows you to boost vs other bu and slide does more than tomb. Unfortunately, this had to be a tie in game and I lost the tie
:oranguru: Stravench technologies once more, lives 2 band knockoffs so encore->tr->do something ensures you beat trick t1
:Ogerpon-Cornerstone: tomb+encore, leaf storm beats encored counter and 252atk tomb+spower was impossible to live anyway so yeah
:dipplin: Bern stuff, its just haban cause nothing I tried could beat it consistently
Semis:
:Copperajah: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-2006373583
:Chien-Pao: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-2006373796
:Tornadus: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-2006374138
:Pangoro: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-2006374608
:Ogerpon-Hearthflame: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-2006374967
I'd say I (bernian) had the better prep first 2, elo had the better prep last 2, and I should have had the better prep game 3, shame I didn't make it ada to have prevented the hax. Feels bad, but it happens I guess
Finals:
:Chimchar: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-2012462207
:Dipplin: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-2012462802
:Ogerpon-Cornerstone: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-2012463523
:Oranguru: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-2012464316
:Pawmo: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-2012464836
Overall was a pretty haxy series, 3 games came down to a speed tie and pawmo could've been sequenced by me better, was a fun series to prep for
:ting-lu: this is the only set that I feel I put a substantial amount of time and care into, and this beats: non choiced band/encoredisable valiant, most ninetales-a (you beat the 164hp set notably), non subseed ogerpon-fire, non subseed/specs (37.5% of the time) meow and some other things I did not calc. It is able to live more than you may expect, for example beating band val by making it impish and giving it 20def, but you lose the ninetales-a mu. #give ting-lu counter
stravench Feels appropriate to start this section with you. Thank you very much for letting me on heatrans+getting me to dm deg+vouching for me for this to even be possible. Your contributions, from producing an incredible amount of sv teams, to qc'ing multiple slots, to subbing into ss, to going thru and actually trying to make my ting-lu team work, cannot be understated. Thank you very much, for being the backbone of the team!
(and thanks for sitting thru testing inteleon monopoke XD, no one will understand(until i write about it, anyway))
RTM grats on the 6-0, sv5 farmer. It was a pleasure watching you have the confidence and ability to slot into sv7 in playoffs, and it was absolutely incredible to see you outpick in every series decisively. That azu set it a work of beauty btw, thanks for letting me help test it :>
DEG I'm so glad you let me into the team (what a great way to start a shoutout)! Love to see that your presence really got the team running as one smooth unit, it was beautiful to watch you bring the whole team together. I look up to you a lot for your ability to lead.
Baleblaze yoo it was nice to see you in full force at 100% availability, you may have had some of the coolest ideas alongside stravench. Loved to see a veteran at work, happy to have you around
Palestine we didn't talk much, and you had a rough tour. I hope you have a better time next time, and you could consider dropping a couple ideas in your channel might help with your prep stress. cheers!
bored_glitch the one person who may have had it worse than me irl on finals week, i ❤ ibuprofen too! In the words of someone in the channel, the way you are building is a water type and a nfe, the way your threatlists need to beat the avengers. I have no idea how in the world you build ss, but it is incredible the way you prep and it is seriously impressive, gl with irl stuff
Bopher I heard much about you before this wc, and it was really impressive to see your thought process as you made stuff. Not much to say sorry, but you're a cool person! Nice hair btw
LittEleven grats on the 6-0 as well, it was cool to see you pop into every channel and offer your imput. Thanks for being very clutch, it was a great joy sleeping 2 hours before your game knowing you'd win
Kaif somehow we also didn't talk much, nice to see you found yourself more comfortable in bw. Unfort series in finals which should have been a 2-0 poffs record, rip

Euphonos thanks for being a positive and chill presence in the chat! And thank you very much for winning in one of the side tiers in finals where I couldn't!
Exotic64 we also didn't talk much, it was awesome to see you pull up with a lot of cool stuff when you were subbed in for kaif, and it was really cool when we were discussing a lot of chansey tech (rip counter access). You have a good future if you keep it up, all the best!
Eledyr GeniusFromHoenn Slowpoke Fan Ajencis 8142e33 RichardMillePlain ox04 Li Xiao Long and I know I left out some people, thank you all very much for being a friend I've talked to a lot in the past, y'all made it just that much better to be on smogon everyday, grinding tours and whatnot. Hope to see y'all soon!

on a final note: its my first time writing a post close to this length, I was wordy in places I don't mean to be, and short on words where I probably should have had more. With more tours, I'll write more, and get better at this whole thing, hopefully!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)