[1v1] Jumpluff [QC 0/3]

lost heros

Meme Master
Overview

- Jumpluff has all the tools necessary to pull of a great SubSeed set that can easily win games simply by being faster than the opponent.
- Jumpluff has base 110 speed making it the fastest Pokemon to have access to Sleep Powder and Leech seed and has Infiltrator making it one of the best SubSeeders in the game.
- However, Jumpluff does rely on Sleep Powder's subpar accuracy which can make it unreliable.
- Jumpluff is completely useless against Grass-type Pokemon which Leech Seed and Sleep Powder can't effect.

[SubSeed]
Jumpluff @ Wide Lens
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 HP / 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Protect

Set Comments

Moves
- Leech Seed is the main move in the set slowly wither the opponent while also restoring Jumpluff's, eventually KOing the opponent.
- Sleep Powder puts the opponent to sleep so that Jumpluff can set up a Leech Sed
- Substitute and Protect allow Jumpluff to avoid taking any damage by alternating the two.

Set Details

- 252 Speed and Timid Nature are necessary to maximize Jumpluff's speed
- The remaining EVs give Jumpluff some bulk
- Wide Lens increases the accuracy of Sleep Powder and Leech Seed to make it more reliable
- 1 HP IVs minimizes Jumpluff's HP to get the most health percentage from Leech Seed, but also gives Jumpluff odd HP in case it needs to Substitute 4 times.
- Inflitrator lets Jumpluff use Leech Seed and Sleep Powder past a Substitute

Usage Tips

- Use Jumpluff against any Pokemon that's slower than it like Golem, Snorlax, and Mega Charizard Y.
- Avoid using Jumpluff against Grass-types like Mega Venusaur, Rest users like Mega Slowbro, and faster Pokemon like Tapu Koko and Porygon-Z.
- Jumpluff will almost always use Sleep Powder turn 1 to try to get the opponent to sleep.
- After that, Jumpluff should try to get behind a substitute.
- Once the opponent is asleep and Jumpluff is behind a substitute, use Leech Seed
- From then on just alternate Substitute and Protect, which will whittle down the opponent's health while maintaining Jumpluff's health.
- Against Pokemon that use Dragon Dance like Mega Gyarados and Mega Charizard X, use the extra turns where they set-up to keep them asleep and hope to get lucky with sleep turns.
- Against Tapu Fini, first stall out the Misty terrain turns with Protect and Substitute before using Sleep Powder.

Team Options

- Sturdy Pokemon like Golem, Crustle, and Donphan usually beat the fast Choice Scarf users like Porygon-Z that outspeed Jumpluff.
- Flying-types like Mega Charizard Y and Psychic-types like Tapu Lele can beat Mega Venusaur which counters Jumpluff.
- Taunt users like Mega Gyarados can beat Pokemon that rely on Rest for recovery like Mega Slowbro.
- Charm walls like Mega Venusaur and Umbreon can beat Dragon Dance users that could set up and beat Jumpluff like Mega Gyarados and Mega Charizard X.

Strategy Comments

Other Options

- Leftovers is another potential option for Jumpluff's item to increase its longevity against priority moves by having it restore an extra 6% health per turn, but is otherwise not as useful as Wide Lens in providing reliability.

Checks and Counters

Faster Pokemon: Choice Scarf Porygon-z, Choice Scarf Kyurem-B, and Tapu Koko can easily take advantage of Jumpluff's poor defenses to KO it before it even uses Sleep Powder.

Donphan: Although Donphan is significantly slower than Jumpluff, Ice Shard gives it a priority move that is 4x Super Effective against Jumpluff which can negate the combo of alternating Protect and Substitute to avoid accumulating damage after setting up Leech Seed.

Rest: Pokemon that use rest like Mega Slowbro, can easily PP stall Jumpluff and heal to full health constantly.

Grass-types: Grass-type Pokemon like Mega Venusaur and Kartana are immune to Leech Seed and Sleep Powder and as such can easily KO Jumpluff.

Dragon Dance Users: Mega Charizard X and Mega Gyarados, provided they get few sleep turns, can set up Dragon Dance, outspeed Jumpluff and stop its combo

Last edited:
amateur qc, few things i'd like to point out

Overview

- Jumpluff has all the tools necessary to pull of a great SubSeed set that can easily win games simply by being faster than the opponent.
- Jumpluff's base 110 Speed gives it the advantage over slower Pokemon. (you can mesh this with the point below, doesn't really need its own line when you can mesh it and make a really good point about jumpluff)
- Jumpluff is the fastest pokemon to have access to Sleep Powder and Leech seed and has Infiltrator making it one of the best SubSeeders in the game.
- However, Jumpluff does rely on Sleep Powder's low accuracy which can make it unreliable. (is sleep powder really a "low" accuracy move though? when I hear low accuracy I think hypnosis, dynamic punch, stuff like that. it's not the best accuracy but saying it's low is a bit of a stretch. "sub-par" or "mediocre" would be a much better term)
- Also Jumpluff is completely useless against Grass-type Pokemon which Leech Seed can't effect. (don't say also, there's no need for it. mention grass mons being immune to sleep powder and leech seed, which is the selling point of jumpluff either way)

[SubSeed]
Jumpluff @ Wide Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 HP / 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Protect

Set Comments

Moves
- Leech Seed is the main move in the set slowly wither the opponent while also restoring Jumpluff's, eventually KOing the opponent.
- Sleep Powder puts the opponent to sleep so that Jumpluff can set up a Leech Sed
- Substitute and Protect allow Jumpluff to avoid taking any damage by alternating the two.

Set Details

- The remaining EVs give Jumpluff some bulk
- Wide Lens increases the accuracy of Leech Seed to make it more reliable (more importantly, it increases the accuracy of sleep powder. you're never going to leech seed over sleep powder on turn one. say that it increases the accuracy of sleep powder and leech seed, not sure why you would mention one but not the other)
- 1 HP IVs minimizes Jumpluff's HP to get the most health percentage from Leech Seed, but also gives Jumpluff odd HP in case it needs to Substitute 4 times.
- Inflitrator lets Jumpluff use Leech Seed past a protect (it lets it pass a substitute, not a protect (unless this is some weird mechanic i don't know about, though i doubt it). mention sleep powder here as well, i'm not particularly sure why you're leaving it out)

Usage Tips

- Use Jumpluff against any Pokemon that's slower than it like Golem, Snorlax, and Mega Charizard Y.
- Avoid using Jumpluff against Grass-types like Mega Venusaur, Rest users like Mega Slowbro, and faster Pokemon like Tapu Koko and Porygon-Z.
- Always use Sleep Powder turn 1 to try to get the opponent to sleep.
- On turn 2 after the opponent is asleep, use substitute to get to safety in case they wake up and attack on that turn.
- If they woke up on the previous turn, simply put them back to sleep and keep alternating Substitute and Sleep Powder until Jumpluff is behind a Substitute and the opponent is still asleep.
- When Jumpluff is behind the substitute and the opponent is asleep, then use Leech Seed.
- From then on just alternate Substitute and Protect, which will whittle down the opponent's health while maintaining Jumpluff's health.
- Against Pokemon that use Dragon Dance like Mega Gyarados and Mega Charizard X, use the extra turns where they set-up to keep them asleep and hope to get lucky with sleep turns.
- Against Tapu Fini, first stall out the Misty terrain turns with Protect and Substitute.
(this is probably going to be controversial amongst official qc members, but i feel as if you've missed the ballpark here. you're meant to give tips on how to use the mon, not a step by step guide. jumpluff is a very one dimensional pokemon, using it is straight forward. i feel as if you need to cut it back a bit here and give general tips, not a "turn one, do this; turn two, do this" kind of thing)

Team Options

- Sturdy Pokemon like Golem, Crustle, and Donphan usually beat the fast Choice Scarf users that outspeed Jumpluff. (scarf users such as?)
- Flying-types like Mega Charizard Y and Psychic-types like Tapu Lele can beat Mega Venusaur which causes a lot of trouble for Jumpluff. (it doesn't cause a lot of trouble, it causes you a loss. saying "a lot of trouble" implies that you still have a chance of winning, which you literally don't. I would change mega-venusaur to relevant grass mons in general and emphasise how they flat out wall jumpluff no matter what.)
- Taunt users like Mega Gyarados can beat Pokemon that rely on Rest for recovery. (pokemon that rely on rest such as?)
- Charm walls like Mega Venusaur and Umbreon can beat Dragon Dance users that could set up and beat Jumpluff. (dragon dance users such as? this is an analysis. you need to be specific)

Strategy Comments

Other Options

- Leftovers is another potential option for Jumpluff's item to increase its longevity by having it restore an extra 6% health per turn, but is otherwise not as useful as Wide Lens in providing reliability. (i'd personally remove this. 99% of the time if you hit spore, you win. hitting spore is the single most important thing that jumpluff needs to do to win on turn one. why you would lessen your chance by not running wide lens is beyond me, especially when the extra recovery from leftovers doesn't do anything overly significant)

Checks and Counters

Faster Pokemon: Choice Scarf Porygon-z, Choice Scarf Kyurem-B, and Tapu Koko can easily take advantage of Jumpluff's poor defenses to KO it before it even sets up Leech Seed. (don't you mean "before it even has a chance to use sleep powder."? you said yourself to always use sleep powder on turn one, so I don't see why leech seed is what you're pointing out vs these faster mons when you'll be clicking sleep powder 100% of the time)

Donphan: Although Donphan is significantly slower than Jumpluff, Ice Shard gives it a priority move that is 4x Super Effective against Jumpluff which can negate the combo (the combo of what? even if you've already said it before, you need to say it again. we can't assume that the reader is going to read the entire article, which is why it's super important to be specific and include info wherever possible)

Rest: Pokemon that use rest like Mega Slowbro, can easily PP stall Jumpluff and heal to full health constantly. (identified threat and given an example; good)

Grass-types: Grass-type Pokemon like Mega Venusaur and Kartana are immune to Leech Seed and as such can easily KO Jumpluff. (same thing as previously mentioned, it's being immune to sleep powder as well. this needs to be included; sleep powder is just as essential as leech seed is. can't say that grass mons are immune to one without mentioning the other)

Dragon Dance Users: Mega Charizard X and Mega Gyarados, provided they get few sleep turns, can set up Dragon Dance, outspeed Jumpluff and stop its combo.
overall not bad, just need to be specific. again, amateur qc so take what you wish out of this (unless official qc tell you to implement some stuff i said)

lost heros

Meme Master
amateur qc, few things i'd like to point out

overall not bad, just need to be specific. again, amateur qc so take what you wish out of this (unless official qc tell you to implement some stuff i said)
I implemented this. For usage tips I think there is a very simply optimal way to use Jumpluff, but I did edit it to come off as less step-by-step. As for Leftovers, I left that in because it does have some use against weak priority users like Aegislash which could KO if Jumpluff doesn't heal enough.

dom

Banned deucer.
nope, try again.
Jumpluff @ Wide Lens
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

with this you get more physical bulk which actually matters if you play something like donphan or a skill link mon + good leech health. additionally, dragon dance users are NOT checks/counters. the fact that you don't know the jumpluff matchups vs the most common mons in the tier is quite sketchy imo. taunt, not dragon dance, is the only reason jumpluff should be scared of gyarados. it also beats dd charx every time if it hits a sleep powder and subs.

lost heros

Meme Master
nope, try again.
Jumpluff @ Wide Lens
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

with this you get more physical bulk which actually matters if you play something like donphan or a skill link mon + good leech health. additionally, dragon dance users are NOT checks/counters. the fact that you don't know the jumpluff matchups vs the most common mons in the tier is quite sketchy imo. taunt, not dragon dance, is the only reason jumpluff should be scared of gyarados. it also beats dd charx every time if it hits a sleep powder and subs.
While that set does better against Donphan, I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying when I say DDance users check Jumpluff. DDance users force Jumpluff to rely more on more sleep powder hitting and more sleep turns. DDance users make it harder for Jumpluff to stall with Sub and Protect because, jumpluff has to try to keep the opponent asleep after they've boosted meaning you have to rely more and more on sleep powder hitting. Granted they are indeed a very soft check, because the outcome is mostly determined by whether or not you hit the sleep powders.

Also wouldn't a 48 HP/ 208 Def set be better against Donphan?
252+ Atk Donphan Ice Shard vs. 48 HP / 208 Def Jumpluff: 188-224 (62 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Donphan Ice Shard vs. 52 HP / 204 Def Jumpluff: 192-228 (63.1 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It takes less damage + is odd and lower health which is better for stalling turns when using sub and leech seed.

Also lol the only relevant skill link mon Mega Hera, but you're right that it (and all the sound moves I completely forgot to mention) should be listed in C&C.

Thank you for your input.

Overview

- Jumpluff has base 110 speed making it the fastest Pokemon to have access to Sleep Powder and Leech seed and has Infiltrator making it one of the best SubSeeders in the game.
- However, Jumpluff does rely on Sleep Powder's subpar accuracy which can make it unreliable. Perhaps emphasize this. Jumpluff is inherently unreliable. It has many pretty good matchups but rather fewer sure wins than other Pokémon in 1v1.
- Jumpluff is completely useless against Grass-type Pokemon which Leech Seed and Sleep Powder can't effect.
Since it relies on Leech Seed rather than attacks, most of its counters aren’t type-based, which lets it take on a very wide range of Pokémon, albeit relatively unreliable.

[SubSeed]
Jumpluff @ Wide Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe This is probably wrong. Partys Over’s set seems good. Use those Evs if you don’t have better.
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 HP / 0 Atk Idk about this. Maximizing your chance against Donphan is almost certainly better.
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Protect

Set Comments

Moves
- Substitute and Protect allow Jumpluff to avoid taking any damage by alternating the two. While healing with Leech Seed.

Set Details

- The remaining EVs give Jumpluff some bulk To maximize its chance in certain bad matchups, especially against Donphan.
- Wide Lens increases the accuracy of Sleep Powder and Leech Seed to make it more reliable
- 1 HP IVs minimizes Jumpluff's HP to get the most health percentage from Leech Seed, but also gives Jumpluff odd HP in case it needs to Substitute 4 times. This never happens but I would suppose it’s optimal. Rather, it lets you avoid using Protect at all, which is helpful in certain matchups.
- Inflitrator lets Jumpluff use Leech Seed and Sleep Powder past a Substitute It’s other abilities are useless anyway.

Usage Tips

- Use Jumpluff against any Pokemon that's slower than it like Golem, Snorlax, and Mega Charizard Y. Any? Idk, I’d rather say Pokémon that are unlikely to be prepared for it, like Landorus-T, Mega-Tyranitar, Magearna, those mons.
- Avoid using Jumpluff against Grass-types like Mega Venusaur, Rest users like Mega Slowbro, and faster Pokemon like Tapu Koko and Porygon-Z. Greninja is another good example of a faster Pokémon.
- Jumpluff will almost always use Sleep Powder turn 1 to try to get the opponent to sleep.
- After that, Jumpluff should try to get behind a substitute.
- Once the opponent is asleep and Jumpluff is behind a substitute, use Leech Seed
- Against Pokemon that use Dragon Dance like Mega Gyarados and Mega Charizard X, use the extra turns where they set-up to keep them asleep and hope to get lucky with sleep turns. This doesn’t end up mattering and you can end up throwing by missing Sleep Powder.
- Against Tapu Fini, first stall out the Misty terrain turns with Protect and Substitute before using Sleep Powder.

Make sure to include tips for the bad matchups like Donphan, slower Taunt, sound moves, Blazikin, etc. I’d say that usage tips are most needed for those. I see a lot of people misplay with them, or be surprised that they aren’t 100% counters against good play.

Also mention using sub instead of protect in order to play around moves like Encore and super-effective Z-moves.

Team Options

- Sturdy Pokemon like Golem, Crustle, and Donphan usually beat the fast Choice Scarf users like Porygon-Z that outspeed Jumpluff.
- Flying-types like Mega Charizard Y and Psychic-types like Tapu Lele can beat Mega Venusaur which counters Jumpluff.
- Taunt users like Mega Gyarados can beat Pokemon that rely on Rest for recovery like Mega Slowbro. Not sure Taunt vs Mega-Bro is the best example. Also, Rest is probably beaten in better ways.
- Charm walls like Mega Venusaur and Umbreon can beat Dragon Dance users that could set up and beat Jumpluff like Mega Gyarados and Mega Charizard X.

Strategy Comments

Other Options

- Leftovers is another potential option for Jumpluff's item to increase its longevity against priority moves by having it restore an extra 6% health per turn, but is otherwise not as useful as Wide Lens in providing reliability. Leftovers used to be good since you didn’t take damage from struggle and so beat pp stall Deo-d. Fun fact.

Checks and Counters

Faster Pokemon: Choice Scarf Porygon-z, Choice Scarf Kyurem-B, and Tapu Koko can easily take advantage of Jumpluff's poor defenses to KO it before it even uses Sleep Powder.

Donphan: Although Donphan is significantly slower than Jumpluff, Ice Shard gives it a priority move that is 4x Super Effective against Jumpluff which can negate the combo of alternating Protect and Substitute to avoid accumulating damage after setting up Leech Seed.

Rest and Taunt: Pokemon that use rest like Mega Slowbro, can easily PP stall Jumpluff and heal to full health constantly. Idk if it best to include it here as well, but any Pokémon with both leftovers and a 16pp Recover pp stalls Jumpluff.

Grass-types: Grass-type Pokemon like Mega Venusaur and Kartana are immune to Leech Seed and Sleep Powder and as such can easily KO Jumpluff. Perhaps, easily defeat. Anything can ko it, these guys are immune to

Dragon Dance Users: Mega Charizard X and Mega Gyarados, provided they get few sleep turns, can set up Dragon Dance, outspeed Jumpluff and stop its combo I wouldn’t call them counters at all. They have to get a first turn wake to beat it, and Gyara’s not even always faster. I’d be more worried about Flame Charge and Taunt, respectively.

Moves that bypass Substitute and Protect

Multi-hit moves
First qc down, two to go. Ask Partys over or me if you have questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)