Ⓥ Vederation Art Studio Ⓥ

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
Update:

Everyone is busy playing bf/gf, and here I am stroking my tablet lmao​
  • Just started to practice drawing human anatomy again. I've been trying to stay away from anime style as much as possible, but have no real characters to draw barring fictional characters, so I'm thinking about doing a project to redraw fictional characters and replace their features with realistic compositions.
  • To be honest, I'm quite proud with how I did the face. Designing the realistic 3D face to match 2D drawing features was one hell of a labor.
  • The character is Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop; my favorite Bebop squad.
  • I have no time for manicures. Leave them be. Done
  • Happy Valentine's day!

Last edited:

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
A wild Update appears!

I've been busy with work, school, etc. But still managed to slip a drawing or two B]​
  • Another practice with background & anatomy. Kinda learned how to apply/adjust the mood better this time, but still requires conscious effort to do so.
  • Tatsumaki's hair was a pain in the ass to design.
  • Overall proud with the effects and how I integrated it with the BG. One of the most satisfying BGs I've created so far.
  • Model is Tatsumaki/Tornado from One Punch Man. I made her height look adult-like for the sake of appropriateness.

Last edited:

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
Update:

Reflections:
  • Another one with background. Unlike the previous ones, the BG of this one was created along with the object rather than being done separately during the finishing touch (like what I've been doing all the time). I saved 4-5 hours by doing so.
  • Time taken to draw this was 10 hours. Drew 8 hours straight on Sunday, and another 2 hours finishing on Thursday.
  • I got the idea and the adrenaline to draw it from watching this lol
Sketch:
ry6z48L.png

*Also, the OP has been updated, cleaned, and organized!*

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
UpdateL

• Another anatomy practice. Need a few more practices with poses and skin tones, but her face is quite satisfying c:
  • Just discovered that one of my largest shortcomings is shading with mostly black. I tried to combat that during the process of making this art. I still has loads of rooms for improvement in this area.
  • Character is Orochi from FE fates. (With modifications, as usual lol).
  • DA Link: http://vederation.deviantart.com/art/Orochi-609982308

Sketch:
Oroch2.jpg

Last edited:

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
Update:
A request from Awu Reisen Inaba for the French Hub.
  • I haven't done logo in a long time and I never considered logo-design as my forte considering how little practices I've had on it. Knowing my deficiency in the trade, I took the request anyway like a madman I am. B]
  • Finally got myself into "the zone" again after awhile. I took a small break/vacation after dealing with stress from school/work, but now I'm back with a different mindset and approach to art.
  • I abused the crap outta this song while drawing:
  • Will do more logos in the future for personal reasons.
  • The sketch & reminders before I left:

Attachments

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
Updates:

^ Tweaked from French Hub's banner as requested by Antemortem for Smogon's FB page profile picture
  • I recently got bored of drawing Pokemon, so I drew another creature instead. I was kinda "afraid" of drawing realistic looking creatures like this gold beast (Rajang) from Monster Hunter, but this one turned out to be alright.
  • Drew this /cute/ Haxorus afterward. I'll develop it further in the meantime.
  • Been going out a lot lately this summer and work gets more busy, so drawing time will be diminished, sadly.
Sketch & WIP:
Raj.png Hax.png

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Greetings Vederation,

Well, where do I start?
I'd like to compliment you on your plethora of incredible artworks.
Alas! I'm not an artist myself, hence not being able to give you much constructive feedback (at least not from a technical point of view), but I do however know something I like when I see it.
While I do like all of your artworks equally, my personal favorite has to be the shiny Latios. I'd even go a step further and say that I like your design better than Latios' actual design.
The arms and the feathered wings are not only a very nice personal creative touch, but these elements furthermore make it look significantly more mythological in my opinion (a bit like a griffin).

Again, I unfortunately can't give you any advice from an artistic standpoint, but I hope I could at least encourage a little bit to continue what you're doing.

On a side note I wanted to ask you if you currently take requests?
I might want to request an artwork for my trade thread here on Smogon at some point.
It's absolutely no problem if you don't want to, your personal projects should always enjoy priority.
I'm currently still thinking about what would make a great picture for my thread, but I'd definitely let you know in case it's okay for you.
Let me know what you think.

That being said, I wish you both lots of fun and patience for your upcoming projects.

Last edited:

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
Greetings Vederation,

Welp, where do I start?
I'd like to compliment you on your plethora of incredible artworks.
Alas! I'm not an artist myself, hence not being able to give you much constructive feedback (at least not from a technical point of view), but I do however know something I like when I see it.
While I do like all your artworks equally, my personal favorite has to be the shiny Latios. I'd even go a step further and say that I like your design better than Latios's actual design.
The arms and the feathered wings are not only a very nice personal creative touch, but these elements furthermore make it look significantly more mythological in my opinion (a bit like a griffin).

Again, I unfortunately can't give you any advice from an artistic standpoint, but I hope I could at least encourage a little bit to continue what you're doing.

On a side note I wanted to ask you if you currently take requests?
I might want to request an artwork from you at some point, I could use one for my trade thread here on Smogon.
It's absolutely no problem if you don't want to, your personal projects should always enjoy priority.
I'm currently still thinking about what would make a great picture for my thread, but I'd definitely let you know in case it's okay for you.
Let me know what you think.

That being said, I wish you both lots of fun and patience for your upcoming projects.

Best greetings.

Hello Maximum,
I really appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, as much as I am interested in your project, I can't take the request due to recent time constraints that have been greatly hindering my production quantity; restricting my choices to things I really want to draw.

I hope you'll have your art created for you as soon as possible, in which I am confident that there are many artists here who are capable of doing so with high proficiency.

Regards,

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, as much as I am interested in your project, I can't take the request due to recent time constraints that have been greatly hindering my production quantity; restricting my choices to things I really want to draw.
Sure thing, I always give credit where is due.
Also that's completely fine, absolutely no worries. In this case I genuinely hope that you'll have significantly more time for your own projects again in a foreseeable future.

I hope you'll have your art created for you as soon as possible, in which I am confident that there are many artists here who are capable of doing so with high proficiency.
As a matter of fact a friend of mine is currently working on an artwork right now, but since my trade thread is based on the theme of "diversity", I figured that since my Pokémon come from many different trainers from all around the world, it'd only be natural to maybe add banners and artworks from many different artists from around the world. For now, it's just a mere though but I might be able to turn it into a reality at some point. But then again, I'm never in a rush really.

That being said, I wish you lots of endurance for your real life obligations and both lots of fun and inspiration for your next artistic creations.

Last edited:

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
WIP:

Concept 1.png

Concept 2a.png

Some pieces I've been working on during the past week, yet are restricted by time to complete. I am drawing sceneries since I am still inexperienced at it and is having difficulties laying down the necessary details, but I just found out how enjoyable it actually is to make them! (especially no. 2, since I drew it straight from one of my lucid dreams). Scenery 1 needs further finishing touches while scenery 2 still needs a lot of refining to do, so I'll come back to them again later.

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
Update:
Sea final.png

A quickly drawn Gyarados! I knew exactly what to expect before drawing it, so it was relatively quick to finish.

Also, since college has finally started again and I still work 40 hours a week, the time for drawing has reached its bare minimum quota. Therefore, all requests and commissions that I have will have to face a major delay. I will sneak in some time to scratch the tablet when convenient regardless.
See you around! -c-v

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
Update:

MAH THREAD WAS SINKING

Anyway, had a sudden and unexpected buzz of creative flow and it resulted to this. Testing out a new approach to coloring and the result is quite satisfying despite having almost 2 months of absence.
Also, regarding some requests I've got: I'm still working on them -- albeit slowly due to things I mentioned in previous posts ...I need that video again.

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
Update:

Reflection:
  • When it comes to scenery, I still am stuck with organic shapes such as trees and rocks, which still leaves me no options but to strictly draw natural environments. Any scenery that involves man-made objects or geometrical objects (ex: houses, sky-scrappers, cars, etc.) are still outside my expertise, so next scenery practices will be done as attempts to cover these points.
  • Coloring it accurately is still a pain too ...maybe I'm just being too hard on myself lol

Last edited:

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
I'm just speechless your work is incredible the gyarados is stunning, I'm a huge fan as always °v°
Thanks Reisen! c:
Edit: Woops I misspelled your name. My bad! Editted.

----

Update:

Goodness gracious, it's been 4-5 months since I digitally drew a person! Thus, I needed to re-sharpen my experience in human figures; especially facial details, so I decided to draw one of my OCs Ravelyn to test the waters (an improved version of this drawing I made 9 months ago). I must say, I'm quite satisfied ~

Also, gotta hate midterms. Just sayin.

Last edited:

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
You're really good. Your drawings look really great.
I appreciate the compliment. Thank you! B]
---

Update:

Subject to edit cuz OCD

***​

Hiya. I'll be starting project called A-Project-Featuring-Portraits-of-All-Pokemon-Champions-In-Semi-Realistic-Form (a simple & proper name will be added later), which will be drawn in detailed manner like this one. The order will be determined at random and without a strict deadline set due to being busy at other things, but I will try my best to set one up at least once every three weeks. That said, I'll start this with the cockiest and my most favorite of all: ... you better know who this one is!

Extras:
My thoughts on the subject (kinda long, but not really):
Throughout all of my journey within the generations of Pokemon franchise, no champions in the main franchise ever felt as satisfying to defeat compared to Blue motherfucking Oak himself. With his tenacity, unrelenting cockiness, and perfectionistic nature, Blue was always a few steps ahead of the player at almost all aspects of the game; making him the closest thing to a perfect rival that Red/Green could ever dream of having. Unique to other champions, I’ve seen Blue permeating one aspect that no other champions have been able to replicate and that is vengeance. He was the rival; he and Red started the journey at the same time; Red knew him ever since he had nothing but a god damn Squirtle. He was the vicious kid who sought for opportunities to obliterate Red’s team during the worst moments –– and, somehow, through the treads of fate that Gamefreak threaded, they meet again at the top of the Kanto; a fated reunion to determine who is worthy of being hailed as the greatest. Red, who paved his way through the top through endless trials, had to witness how the same smug brat had from Pallet town have transformed into possibly the youngest and the most powerful trainer at the time long before Red even laid his fingers on Lorelei’s sensuous and gorgeous Pokedollars. I don’t know about you, but anger, terror, and excitements were the impressions that my ten year-old self had when entering the final battle for the first time.

“…And now! I am the Pokémon League Champion! … Do you know what that means? I'll tell you! I am the most powerful trainer in the world!" - Blue Oak
“Yeah right f*** you. I’m dragging you off that throne like I always did!!” …was the thought I had as a pre-teen at that point before having my team obliterated due to a disease called “imbalance level distribution” that was prevalent before the existence of the new Exp. Share mechanic. We have it easy now, do we?
Casting all possible gen-wunning reasons aside, Blue remains one of my top favorite champions if not trainer of all time for feasible factor that are irreplaceable and that is to experience the sensation of testing one’s resolve; to become the greatest against the first person whom the player ever fought during the course of his Pokemon journey.

Last edited:

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
Update:

Deci.png

So I figured it's time to change the pace after months of showering the gallery with my usual style. For this piece, I experimented by integrating some outlining and editing techniques from numerous 2D examples throughout the Smeargle studio into my own recipe -- which is quite satisfactory I'd say.

Time spent: 11 hours
Tools: Paint Tool SAI, GIMP 2
Initial Sketch:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)