ORAS PU ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
introduction
Hey guys, it's Dundies here with you all to celebrate my 1,000th post with a PU RMT. I've been using this team a lot lately, and more recently in a few PU seasonal games, and I've had a ton of success with it. Not like it's that big of a deal, but this team got me the #1 spot on the PU ladder and won me a seasonal game vs Megazard, although I can't screenshot the ladder peak at the moment since PU is in suspect at the moment. Anyways, I'll get on with the team itself.

the team

Rotom-F @ Leftovers | Levitate
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid
Substitute / Blizzard / Thunderbolt / Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-F is what I built the team around, and man this set is amazing. SubWisp greatly threatens every playstyle in the tier at the moment, and along with its amazing dual STAB combo, Will-O-Wisp, and Substitute, Rotom is really hard to beat. Spreading burn and being able to set up a Substitute on a lot of Pokemon is really helpful, and Infiltrator users such as Jumpluff and Ninjask really aren't switching into Rotom so this thing has no problem wearing down teams. Additionally, it's a pretty nice soft check to Vigoroth, as it can break its Substitute, burn it with Will-O-Wisp, and wear it down with Thunderbolt.

Golem @ Weakness Policy | Sturdy
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Adamant
Stealth Rock / Earthquake / Stone Edge / Sucker Punch

Weakness Policy Golem has become one of my favorite Stealth Rockers in PU, as it adds an Electric immunity, a Normal resist, priority, and a strong physical presence. Golem is really nice for taking on Pokemon that threaten Rotom-F such as Simisear. Weakness Policy is such a good item, as you can basically get up Stealth Rock and set up in the same turn, and almost any offensive Pokemon just dies to a +2 Sucker Punch or takes a ton of damage. On top of this, Golem hits every Defogger and spinner but Vibrava super hard, which helps in keeping Stealth Rock up.

Roselia @ Eviolite | Natural Cure
80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe | Modest
Leaf Storm / Sludge Bomb / Spikes / Synthesis

Roselia is and always has been a great Pokemon in PU, and for good reason. I mainly added it for Spikes, which Rotom-F really appreciates, since it forces a ton of switches. Roselia is also my Water check, which was pretty necessary at this point. 176 Speed EVs allows Roselia to outspeed Modest Exeggutor, which is really nice for this current meta. Leaf Storm actually makes Roselia really threatening and hard to switch into, as it does something like 70% to offensive Grumpig, just as an example, so don't be afraid to wallbreak if Spikes aren't that important. Sleep Powder is an option over Synthesis, but I've always preferred Synthesis for more overall survivability.

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf | Filter
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid
Psychic / Dazzling Gleam / Focus Blast / Healing Wish

I added Mr. Mime because I needed at least an offensive check to Monferno, but the addition of Healing Wish is really helpful for the team, and especially for Rotom-F. Overall this thing is my main source of revenge killing for offensive Pokemon like opposing Rotom-F, Floatzel, and Kadabra. Mr. Mime is also my Machoke check, which can be a bit threatening to the team, so Filter is pretty important, as it allows Mr. Mime to take Bullet Punches with no problems and KO in return after some chip damage is taken.

Vullaby @ Eviolite | Overcoat
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD | Impish
U-turn / Foul Play / Roost / Defog

Vullaby is probably one of, if not the best Defogger in the tier at the moment. Vullaby checks a ton of huge offensive threats in the tier, namely Bouffalant, Kadabra, and Leafeon, while being a soft check to Exeggutor is very helpful as well. U-turn is an awesome move on Vullaby, as it invites in Pokemon such as Stunfisk, giving Rotom-F a free Substitute. Foul Play does a great job of discouraging a lot of Pokemon from setting up, such as Fraxure and Monferno. Vullaby can be really useful to check a lot of things, so try to Roost often to stay healthy for opposing threats.

Vigoroth @ Eviolite | Vital Spirit
248 HP / 176 SpD / 84 Spe | Jolly
Substitute / Bulk Up / Return / Slack Off

Ah Vigoroth, the ever-so broken Vigoroth. There's a reason this thing is being suspected right now, and that's because it is by far the most broken Pokemon in the tier. Vigoroth was a pretty easy addition to this team, as it greatly appreciates Will-O-Wisp to wear down its most common checks. When it comes to Vigoroth, get rid of Ghosts, set up, and win. 84 Speed EVs with a Jolly nature allows Vigoroth to outspeed Stoutland, which is really nice since it can use it as setup fodder.
So there's my team and here's the importable. I'm not gonna put together a threatlist, but I'll just say here that Pawniard is definitely a problem and your best ways to take care of it are by keeping Golem's Sturdy intact or burning it with Rotom-F. Anyways, it's been a fun 1,000 posts, and I hope there will be a good amount more. Hope you guys enjoyed! :toast:

shoutouts

2xTheTap - you're an awesome guy man, keep doing you
Dell - another really cool guy, it's been cool to get to know you more recently
galbia - lucky italians smh,,, but in all seriousness you're a cool guy and i enjoy talking to you
Magnemite - ur cool but u need a brake
Anty - i will always give you shit but you're not as bad as people say you are
-Grim - one of the coolest guys on PS, grats on nerdlands RO buddy
Megazard - sorry for spamming you ;_;
Raiza - sorry for vigorothing you in our ssnl game, glad you're undead
scorpdestroyer - come back ;_;
Sir Kay - such a nice guy, keep it up pal :]
TONE114 - honestly a really funny guy even though you give me so much shit for losing to youtubers and for not keeping my pants on lol
trc - sorry for bothering you about seasonal, you're a good player and a cool guy
gasquakee - h0nky
Jetpack - glad you joined the pu community, you're a cool dude
MaroGod - god dame it
Mistress Remilia - /me sleep on u
Tect - you're cool, stop overpredicting
Twix - i give you a lot of shit and dont get me wrong youre bad but youre not that bad of a guy, only when you "meme"
Al'Akir - you're a really cool guy and a good player, hope to see more activity soon bud
Anonymous Man - super smart guy, cant wait til you can be more active
cityfolk - up and coming pu player, look forward to more out of ya bud
The Jungle Fox - aka AshChampion, youre a cool guy even if you say rotom has 0 counters
dodmen - really good player and cool guy glad youre playing pu
GeneralAnnoyance - you're a really nice guy and a really underrated player, thanks for testing with me so much pal
HJAD - really good player, keep winning bud
Kingler12345 - tunak tunak tun
Kushalos - well memed
Mael - mael is cute
Mambo - >ur clan name
ManOfMany - hi MoM
Montsegur - thanks for coming back just for me!
Optical Real - most underrated pu player out there by far
RawMelon - raw :]
Robert Alfons - pu god fagtron
ShuckleDeath - youre a really cool guy, glad you got that +
WhiteDMist - baby come back <3
Disjunction - youre a cool guy and you deserve nu tier leader :]
Raseri - ras :]
ryan - you have good taste in music
Zebraiken - glad to see you playing pu, youre a really good player
Aladyyn - sorry for always spelling your name wrong
boltsandbombers - youre a really cool guy, some day you'll own smogon i swear
iplaytennislol - you're a really cool guy, thanks for helping me out with nu
marilli - ur a good pokemon trainer
Pokedots - really cool & nice mod :]
QueenOfLuvdiscs - sorry for haxing you, you're a really good player tho
Realistic Waters - love waters :] not rw
Shaneghoul - amazing player, would love to see you win some big tours
Deej Dy - glad youre back for a bit bud :]
Jarii - sorry for haxing you in farm league, maybe another chance in nlt playoffs?
Stoned M&M - youre a cool guy :]
Can-Eh-Dian - did you seriously change name?
Chef Rice - love the innovations :]
Dentricos - youre a good player just stop using cradily so much hehe
Hootie - we got our ladybugs together so thought i would give you a s/o :]
Kiyo - gotta go kiyo
metaphysical - rozes :]
Teddeh - one of the best players out there, hope we can be on same pupl team again
thecrystalonix - tco :]
BulbaSword - esteemed PU player PUlbasword
Tom Bus - you were my favorite YTer pls come back :(
jacob - i won't get a like for this but i had to say even though your username is my name irl im still better than you :]

im really sorry if i forgot you thats a lot of people lol

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just saw this and it'll take like 5 minutes to rate bc I just faced it twice so better do it before the other rate spammers. I'm not sure if it's unfair to say I don't like this team. I did lose twice and it is your big 1k, but on some shaky matchups and I feel like you're being carried by Vigoroth and Rotom and the pressure they put on poorly built teams (mine included). Anything that can overwhelm the basic balance core is annoying, there's not really a great way to bounce back from something like Simisear or non-choice mime since it provides very little flexibility for these threats other than "I sure hope vigoroth wins". The team's success is stemming from spamming some really good things and waiting for the other side to crumble, but something different is just so bad.

I think if you ever want this to progress you need to replace multiple Pokemon, this is only going to be a speed rate and I might have more to say later but swapping rotom for bulky wisp rapidash could provide comparable utility, check the hugely threatening fire types, and provide some much needed speed. You're weaker to waters, but frankly ice beam+ice punch+focus blast floatzel is 6-0ing you anyway and otherwise you can always hope to play around choice ones with Vulla+rose+vig. I normally don't like to put such a negative cast on a rate but this team is cool at beating bulky garbage and really needs to fix up its offense matchup. Definitely consider swapping mime for a faster scarfer, probably raichu, since vullaby is so overworked that you could use an electric immunity that's not suiciding like Golem.

So first of all Taunt on vigoroth makes so much more sense here, offensive ghosts that don't play poorly around Vullaby fall under that category of "what do I do lol" and Audino is clearly a huge issue. Sub allows you to stall out Machoke a bit, but either way Machoke is definitely a threat and you can play around with with surprise offensive Rose, etc. I also think 84 Speed Jolly is a waste of bulk on a good pokemon and there's no reason you can't just beat out Pawniard and it's especially not worth it if you don't even have Taunt for missy. If you leave sub, at least drop the uneccesary speed.

As for the rest of the team, Psyshock on Mime helps break through Bouffalant which is another Pokemon you'd rather not have to face, ik that on paper Vullaby checks it but on paper you're relying on Vullaby to check so much it's not too hard to get over and CB or Taunt or SD don't need to play too crazy to get around you, shock is just an easier way of getting around it and also does more to Roselia-once again ur checks are so shaky. Also consider Giga Drain Roselia, ik the power drop is huge and I love leaf storm but drops make something like Monferno which is, again, a massive threat, a much easier switch-in. You can't really afford being forced to switch out when you're so reliant on vullaby to check literally everything.

I wish I had more time this rate, may spend more time looking at this team later and figuring out how to optimize it in such a way that Vullaby isn't relied on to check literally everything. Rap+chu is the best I got off the top of my head, and I also don't think think Roselia is doing much aside from adding on more fire/flying/normal bait so possibly making Roselia into like a utility altaria or something could help improve.

Yay this only took 4 minutes. Also I named an rmt after this a while back and likely others have, the least you could do is get an original name x_x

edit: fuck I was going to say soundproof after playing you but forgot until 2x posted it, definitely do that (also helps with butterfree :^)) but looking back on it altaria/rapidash really seem like decent options here. And yeah, if you're running unnecessary creep might as well get monf too

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi, Dundies -

This is a great team, and like you, I have also noticed how potent SubWisp Rotom-F can be in our current metagame. Given this is well-made and already complete in that it accounts for the majority of the meta's threats (Floatzel gives you a bit of trouble, but your team has the ability to play around it), I only have a few small changes for you.

Firstly, your Vigoroth hits 260 Speed right now. That's enough to speed creep neutral-natured base 80s like Adamant Stoutland, but I think it's important to also account for Adamant 252 Spe Monferno, which hits 261 Speed. So, add 8 more Speed EVs to Vigoroth. Another change (albeit a more cosmetic one) you could make would be changing Return to Frustration, in case Max happiness Dittos on the ladder attempt to copy Vigoroth and its stats.

-->
EVs: 248 HP / 168 SpD / 92 Spe

Next, I see that Scarf Modest Chatot can be a real threat to this team, as it's easily able to threaten Rotom-Frost as it's sitting behind a Substitute; it also has great cleaning potential against the rest of your team if any of its members have been whittled down because your normal resist is actually a suicide lead here. An easy fix to give your team better chances against Chatot would be to simply change Mr. Mime's Filter to Soundproof. Another thing to consider is using Psyshock over Psychic. It does much more to any dedicated special wall that will be switching into Mime, and can do some other stuff like OHKO offensive Roselia whereas Psychic misses that:

252 SpA Mr. Mime Psyshock vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Roselia: 272-324 (108.8 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mr. Mime Psychic vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Roselia: 198-234 (79.2 - 93.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Filter --> Soundproof
Psychic --> Psyshock

Like you've already noticed, I see Pawniard causing this team a bit of grief, especially if it comes in on a weakened Mr. Mime or forces out Roselia on threat of losing its Eviolite. Rather than giving it the ability to set up, I recommend changing Roselia's set and spread to something faster than Pawniard with HP Fighting:

-->
HP Fighting / Spikes or Sleep Powder / Sludge Bomb / Giga Drain
Eviolite | Modest | 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe

There are other changes you could make, such as making Golem Jolly to catch Pokemon who regularly speed creep these neutral-natured 252 Spe base 45s off-guard, but that change is mostly preference. E: Now that I'm re-reading my own rate, it seems like Custap Explosion would be better here. Exploding will let you keep Rocks up by dodging slower Defogs / Rapid Spins (which is why Jolly would also be a good idea - can beat hazard removal by either using a faster Stone Edge or Exploding if you can't OHKO before Rocks are removed). Another route, given you are using Defog with a suicide lead, would be to use SpDef Golem in order to set up SR multiple times in the same battle, as well as maintain your Electric immunity / something for normal spam.

Sucker Punch + WP --> Custap + Explosion
Optional: Adamant --> Jolly

Nice team overall! :]

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
God dame it Dundies , that's a pretty cool team you got here!
Tested the team a bit on ladder before trying to rate it and also scrolled quite a lot through Viability Rankings, and I found various weaknesses, that I think can be in part still fixed without changing the team structure. I'll change some Pokemon, but they'll still have basically the same roles as the replaced ones, so not that big of a deal.

The biggest weaknesses I found your team is weak to were due to typing synergy being shaky and the team being really slow paced. That made it struggle against basically all offensive Water- and Fire-types such as Floatzel, Simipour, Ninetales, and Simisear. Then some balance breakers such as Machoke, Raichu, Calm Mind Grumpig, and others such as Regice and Pawniard are also quite a big pain to be dealt with.
Before the actual rate, I agree with giving Psyshock to Mr. Mime as others said, other than doing the things others mentioned, that will also help you revengekilling Regice.
Starting off, I suggest you replacing Golem for Specially Defensive Stunfisk. This change, despite losing you a Normal-type resist, which we'll account for later on, will allow you to have a check to most of the Pokemon that threaten your team. Namely, you can bait in and check the aforementioned Fire- and Water-types due to a Specially Defensive spread along with Passho Berry, while still carrying an Electric-type immunity therefore being a counter to things that also trouble your team such as Nasty Plot Raichu. Despite running a SpDef spread, Stunfisk will also be a soft check to set up users such as Pawniard and Monferno, providing you with another answer to them other than Vullaby / Mr. Mime(only checks Monferno), which are honestly pretty shaky given Vullaby can get pressured and also has to check another plethora of threats other than these two. Toxic support is pretty good to support Rotom-F and your set up sweeper, the same goes with paralyses if you manage to net some with Discharge + Static. This change will also provide you with a more durable Stealth Rock setter, which goes better than a suicide lead along with a Defog user for sure.

Secondly, replacing Stunfisk with Golem also has some drawbacks, such as being Exeggutor bait and losing a Normal-type resist, but that can be fixed easily with this change, which consists of replacing Vigoroth with Klang. Klang, while still having the same function as Vigoroth, provides you with a Normal-type resist and an occasional switch-in to things such as Exeggutor and Chatot, which can trouble your team, alleviating the pressure put on the back of Vullaby, which otherwise would've had to also check Exeggutor. Also Klang works as a revengekiller to things such as Regice if it's at full life. With this change, you'll also not be forced to run Soundproof on Mr. Mime, as Klang can check Chatot pretty well unless it eats an Heat Wave. And you can still use the team in the case Vigoroth gets banned! Totally worth!

Last but not least, replace Roselia with Offensive Tangela. At this point, if you're going to replace Spikes with something such as Sleep Powder / Giga Drain / HP Fighting, I don't see much of a reason for why you would run Roselia to be honest, and if there is, pretty sure it would pay off less than replacing it with Tangela. Tangela, while still being threatening offensively, thanks to its natural bulk and access to Regenerator + Eviolite, can help alleviate the pressure being put on Vullaby, especially against things such as physical Life Orb / Choice Band Floatzel, which is really a Roselia can remove Toxic Spikes, which are annoying to Tangela and Stunfisk, but that is irrelevant as the others are immune to it / don't care + Vullaby can Defog them away. Tangela, with the spread I'm going to suggest you, can also pivot into things such as Choice Specs Floatzel / Choice Scarf Simipour when it's at full life, and then use that opportunity to pivot out to Klang and find opportunities to set up a Shift Gear.

Stunfisk @ Passho Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 152 SpA / 104 SpD
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Klang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)