The Competitor: Issue #1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, and welcome to the first issue of The Competitor, Smogon's Official Tournament Coverage Magazine! Our aim is to bring you news and coverage of some of the biggest tournaments taking place on Smogon right now. For our first issue, the main focus will be on the Smogon Premier League, however, we also have a few featured articles on unofficial tournaments that may interest you.

Tournaments are at the heart of Smogon. This is a competitive battling site, after all. My goal when creating The Competitor was to provide a platform to report on Smogon's thriving tournaments section in a semi-casual tone, with the focus not simply on the tournaments themselves, but also on you, the people taking part in these tournaments.

This first issue was put together in a little under 2 weeks, by a team of 7 people. The majority of the artwork was provided by Zracknel. So thanks a lot to Eraddd, Macle, Atticus, Iconic, V0x, Solace and Zracknel. We plan to have the next issue out in 2 to 3 weeks.

If you'd like to get involved, we're looking for writers with knowledge of current tournaments who can work to short deadlines. If you're interested, send a PM to me or Eraddd.

That's all, I hope you enjoy our first issue! It was very much a test run, so we're hoping to improve the quality as issues go on.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Excellent.

Huge props to the writers who worked hard to get it out as fast as possible

Also, HUGE props to Kinneas for doing all the artwork, photoshopping, staying up past his bedtime, and being generally awesome. Hope you all enjoy!

good work everyone, especially kinneas for being a beast and doing a ton of work to get this issue out. hopefully everyone enjoys!

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
<&Eraddd> Generic CONGRATULATIONS
WHERE IS THE ENTHUSIASM ERADDD

but yeah, Kinneas you're awesome!!

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Great read, needs more Stone_Cold22 fuckin shit up. But for real fun to read!

Just want to say that the situation with me and smurf has some inaccuracies, but who really cares. Good read.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is pretty phenomenal, way to go everyone, especially Kinneas!

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
To be honest I am a bit disappointed in how this first issue turned out (yes I understand the time constraints) but I am looking forward to how it progresses.

Edit: Just to be clear I've talked with Atticus a lot about Competitor and I am really looking forward to what's to come. Good work to Kinneas and the rest of the staff on getting Competitor going.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow great magazine guys, I love the format. Well written, and I loved the player interviews. Looking forward to the next issue.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
back in my day we had the npa news and it was 100000x better

but this works too. outstanding stuff here guys, really <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)