Smogon Forums

BrokenWallet
BrokenWallet
Hi this is my first tournament, I live on the east coast of the US, do you have the same time zone?
MZ
MZ
Yes I do. For future reference that’s what the -4 is, GMT -4 is the time zone for eastern right now
BrokenWallet
BrokenWallet
Ok thanks, I see you’re a veteran, I’m kinda screwed but I can do this after school at around 3 any day. I do have to ask if I’m doing this right though. Do we just battle with the godly gift format?
MZ
MZ
Everyone starts somewhere. Yeah, that’s pretty much it, but it’s a best of 3 and you’re allowed to (but don’t have to) switch your team in between games. Then whoever wins posts that they won in the thread for the round and included the replays in the post.
At around 3 I’m still at work, can you do later? I could do 7pm most days
BrokenWallet
BrokenWallet
I can do that, thank you. Message me a few hours prior to seven any day you want to battle.
MZ
MZ
I’d rather just set a specific time to know exactly when to get on. That’s usually the standard because it’s easier to not miss each other and makes it more clear who’s at fault if someone misses the time. How about 7pm on Wednesday?
BrokenWallet
BrokenWallet
i have church Wednesday at that time, and jiu jitsu today and tmr, so can we try Thursday?
MZ
MZ
Sure
BrokenWallet
BrokenWallet
Feel free to let me know if you need to reschedule because I can be flexible
BrokenWallet
BrokenWallet
Still ready for 7?
MZ
MZ
yes although I can play earlier as well. I have a match right now and I’ll be free right after