Smogon Forums

Cancel cult
Cancel cult
can i recomend you a few games?
Just A Shroom God
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
minecraft dungeons does an exelent job on translating what made minecraft special into the dungeon crawler genre. mario and luigi: bowsers inside story is possibly the best mario rpg, and does a fantastic job of making the turn based formula interesting, as well as being an exelent power fantasy.
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
hades is a really fun rougelike, but you probobly dont need to much convincing to play it, as it was game of the year
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
totally accurate battle simulator is a game i have not played, but it looks really cool. it is a battle simulator where you have things fight other things. i dont think i can explain the appeal in words, so watch a video about it, and see if it piques your interest.
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
rain world is a fantastic game that i never want to play, because it looks too hard, but you sound like someone who could take it on, and i think you would enjoy it.
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
I've seen TABS before, and it seems like a mostly multiplayer-focused game, which is unfortunate for someone like me who doesn't have many friends who share my love for gaming.
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
Rain world looks really cool and I've seen skurry play it but unfortunately having a mac sucks and I've had 0 success using wine or crossover or other windows emulators, so that's out of the question
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
and tbh I've never heard of hades at all
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
there is a single player campaign in tabs, fyi
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
also, minecraft dungeons and bowsers inside story are some of my favorite games, and it would be really cool if i could share that exitement with you.
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
i got the switch version of tabs a few days ago, it was very fun even though i have no one to play with and the unit limit is 20. proof you dont need friends to enjoy games.
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
im curious, what are the bosses in hollow knight you do regularly get hit on? i cant say that their are that many i regularly go hitless on.
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
the obblobes, no eyes, and absrad. Obblobbles and No eyes are really just because I am not patient at all, and absrad is just fucking unfair. Like half the time I can't even see her attacks because the goddamn background is so bright
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
i never feel like it isnt my fault when i get hit on absrad, but i also dont feel like the backround is to bright. maybe you have worse eyes than me, or maybe your device has bad visual settins
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
that is not to say that i dont understand the pain of not seing attacks because of the background, because i have that problem with a simmilar boss, but one not from hollow knight. galleem from smash bros for me. ive been trying spiritsless world of light, and galeem is a huge roadblock.
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
the problem with absrad is that her attacks demand near-perfect reaction time and the bright background causes me just a split second delay to realize she's attacking at which point I'm dead. It wouldn't be a problem on any other boss. Anyway I forgot the watcher knights I always get hit on those too.
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
Dunno why, in theory they're easy, but I think it's because my tendency is to jump rather than shadow dash to avoid their nail attacks which puts me in the air where they are bouncing about
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
i personally just back up when they do the nail swing. watcher knights also somewhat require patience, so maybe thats your problem.
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
i can also understand the idea behind you getting frusterated with absrad. while it is always your mistake getting hit, some of the time the rng can just give you the hardest thing ever. not to mention the light wall and sword wall during plats make you have to think very fast.