Smogon Forums

Emil Heskey
Emil Heskey
tfw the goat ignore you :psycry:
Max. Optimizer
Max. Optimizer
Nah, I honestly don't really know what to reply to that. I don't really know you (yet).
Let's break the ice then: What languages do you speak?
Emil Heskey
Emil Heskey
english, arabic, tamil, bengali, hindi (Sure 3 languages are from my country but they have enough speakers, and ik a 3 more but not they dont have many speakers)
Max. Optimizer
Max. Optimizer
Oh? That's neat. Well, my country also has 3 languages, so I basically grew up with Luxembourgish, German, and French. It's nice to have a little headstart, wouldn't you agree?
Emil Heskey
Emil Heskey
Yeah for sure, 40% of the ppl here know at least 3 languages (due to poverty the remaining dont know english), im from india and there are like 29 different languages recognized by our constitution, but like most of them have come from sanskrit, so they are pretty similar, but ones derived from tamil are pretty different from tamil. Oh also add british slang to the languages I know.
Max. Optimizer
Max. Optimizer
I had to step away for a moment, hence the late reply. Interesting, thank you for sharing. My studies featured, among other things, the topic of the linguistic landscape of India, in conjunction with the English language in relation to code switching. Is that something you do? Depending on who you're talking to?
Emil Heskey
Emil Heskey
Kinda, its mostly like if I was asking someone for notes I'd usually say can you give me your, in the language depending on the person and say notes in english, but like just 1 or 2 words in a sentence
Max. Optimizer
Max. Optimizer
I see, interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how languages will continue to organically develop further. They're quite alive, much like the people that create, use, and change them on an as needed basis. Are you planning on learning more languages, moving forward? If so, best of luck!
Emil Heskey
Emil Heskey
haryanvi, hindi and english were taught in school and used with family, my roomate was learning arabic online, so I joined him, then I picked up 4 because my friends spoke them. Planning on learning german in case I move to germany for post-graduation, but for now too busy in med school
Max. Optimizer
Max. Optimizer
Ah, sehr interessant. Bei der deutschen Sprache kann ich dir gerne behilflich sein.
(Ah, very interesting. When it comes to the German language, I'm gladly willing to help you out.)

Arabic looks very intimidating, especially also since you have to read it from right to left.
Emil Heskey
Emil Heskey
Oh thanks, but Idt I'll be doing it now, a little busy
Max. Optimizer
Max. Optimizer
No problem, it's not a one-time offer.
Well, thanks for the exchange.
I'm glad to know you a little better now.
Emil Heskey
Emil Heskey
have a good one my man