Smogon Forums

Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Out of all of them, this one seems the most like "it exists only for the foreshadowing" although I think that less, now that I've actually written this all out.
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
I never noticed that.

But like. The opening foreshadows the characters personalities. Boy imagine my shock. A scene with the characters in them has their personalities revealed. Like what groundbreaking work.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
wait did you really never notice? it was the thing everyone told me about before I ever saw the movie but I never looked too hard because I didn't want to be spoiled before seeing it.

anyway I think the idea of how it is groundbreaking is because of how subtle it is. they are not talking about the diamond heist at all. it's just everyday talk. so you never suspect it. I think that is pretty genius, especially if *you* never noticed.
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
I never thought that was the "purpose" of the scene. I thought it was just normal people talk. That's what makes the characters real. I don't think it's MADE to foreshadow. But it does, because it is a scene with good characters. There's no way their personalities will EVER not show up.