Smogon Forums

Groudon ex
Groudon ex
omg it's been so long! Cool to know you're still around :) How's life?
Consignia
Consignia
yeah i'm fine, real life is good, been enjoying pokemon. was pretty surreal seeing your post here and putting 2 + 2 together that you were the same guy as way back. how about you? it's been what, eight, nine years? something crazy like that. what have you been up to?
Groudon ex
Groudon ex
I think the last time we met was like 2008, maybe 2009? I remember it was still gen 4 anyway. I honestly didn't expect to find you on here either, but it's awesome that you are. I know Elevator Music and Jibaku are still around but apart from them I haven't seen anyone else that I remember from the Pokethology/Marriland days for many years.

I still play pokemon casually and even ladder a bit. Teambuilding is still fun although I find it much harder than before since my old sensibilities (such as trying not to have any weaknesses by slapping a defensive core like Skarmory/Gliscor/Cresselia/Blissey on almost every team :P) aren't really sufficient in the more recent metagames. Teambuilding nowadays is more about having a solid strategy to win rather than about filling in all of the gaps.

I recently graduated in Geology and most of my time in the last few months has been preoccupied with trying to get a job in the mining industry. The economy in that sector isn't great right now but it's predicted to grow soon, and I've seen a few opportunities come up every now and again. I'm currently living in the UK and there's a good chance I may move abroad to somewhere like Canada or Australia to find work. I've been sort of bumming around a bit on a desk job in the meantime which isn't glamorous but it pays the bills.

Anyway, great seeing you again - makes me wonder if there's anyone else we know still lurking around :D