JES
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey, just wondering if you found anything you like?
    JES
    JES
    Oh yes, I even wrote a response in my thread to keep you appraised.
    Basically, it came down to this:
    I want Bellsprout, because I don't have on him in my 'Dex, nor have I ever breed a Victreebel set, but since he is shiny, I only have the right to request him, and you have every right to decline my request. I figured that you did mention that you were going to clone him, so I figured "why not?".

My second (and I guess primary choice, since I'm not expecting you to okay the shiny Bellsprout) is a Simple Numel.
    I've already started using one in the Pokémon Showdown NU circuit, and she has actually given me pretty good results thus far, so I figure this would actually give me the excuse I need to focus on getting better results by trying to use other team members best complement her.

Oh, and I offer rare berries to everyone I trade with: Liechi, Starf, Ganlon, Kee, Maranga, Apicot and Petaya.

If you want any of those in particular, just tell me. In the meantime, the Shroomish is currently holding a Starf.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Oh sorry, I didn't see it 'cause I wasn't tagged D:

anyway I'll take a look now.
    Hey - just wanted to say that the analyses we write don't take into account in game restrictions and there's no point in saying that you cant get a defog salamence, we know its hard to do in game - but on PS you can have any legal move or ability combination. Feel free to contribute with suggestions to the analyses, but be sure to keep in-game stuff to the OI forums.
    JES
    JES
    Okay, I guess I can see how that would be annoying, but I don't see how the analyses can't be geared to both PS and in game, with notices for moves that can only be used in PS, and maybe substitutes for in-game use.
    boltsandbombers
    boltsandbombers
    I can sort of see where that's coming from, but splitting it to PS and in game stuff would be wayyy too complicated and pretty unnecessary.
    JES
    JES
    Fair enough.
    If you still have the smeargle and staraptor mind if I borrow them? Going to sr for the same heatran as well.
    JES
    JES
    I could easily breed you a Starly, which you can then keep, but I also have a level 51 Staraptor that I'll willing to loan.
    As for Smeargle, I've trained them all past 68, and even then, and he needs to stay at 74, since I'm going to use him to SR for Suicune next.
    I could still breed one for you. No guarantee that (s)he'll have 31 IVs in HP, Defense, and Special Defense, but I should at least be able to manage 0 IVs in Speed, which is what counts.

I can start breeding now if you like.
    TheHoundofDoom
    TheHoundofDoom
    Keep your pokes. Already sred the perfect heatran in just 3 resets.
    JES
    JES
    Okay, good for you!
    You're SRing Heatran on ORAS using a Synchronizer and HP+Speed checker, right? Since legendaries have 3 guaranteed 31 IVs and Synchronize is 50%, the chance of getting a Modest Heatran with a 31 in HP and Speed should be 1/4, even if you forgot the HP and Speed check.
    JES
    JES
    Great, because I finally managed to get a Heatran with "stats the can't be beat" in HP, the Defenses, and Speed, though the fact that he didn't pass the Smeargle Speed Test means that I'm guessing that his Speed IVs are probably 30, 29, or 28, but I saved, and figured that was good enough. Most of the time, the Speed Test just didn't prove positive anyways.

I wasn't insistent on having one registered to me, but I was never going to stop reseting as long as Heatran was still there. I'm just too stubborn to give up. If I can catch another Heatran again, I'll probably stick around longer, and aim for 30 or 31 Speed IVs.
    rufus drumknott
    rufus drumknott
    That leads me to think that your Smeargle actually Speed ties with your Heatran. If you take a look at your Smeargle's stats in the summary screen, is your Smeargle's Speed 97? With a neutral nature, Heatran should have 97 Speed so to Speed check, your Smeargle needs to have 96 Speed.
    JES
    JES
    Actually, he had 99. That would explain why I had such a hard time finding any Heatrans that outsped me.
    I'll have to rectify this.
    Wanted to tell you
    I can ask a friend to make Refresh Bagon, Impish or Jolly or whatever
    can be hard for some of us simulator players to understand compatibility issues like that
    JES
    JES
    Okay then, sounds good to me! If it isn't too much trouble for your friend, I'd like an Impish nature, since that is I think the best nature to work with a more defensive move set.

Oh, and ask him if a female Tepig with Thick Fat would be a fair trade.
    PISTOLERO
    PISTOLERO
    man don't worry about giving anything in return
    it's easily clonable, and I understand how Wi-Fi players have issues with getting the best moves / abilities / etc
    JES
    JES
    Oh, and I almost forgot: this is going to be a defensive D-Dance set, so the Bagon must have Dragon Dance.
    Will you be on late tonight EST / tomorrow? Saw your post in the battle spot thread. I can clone you a Blaziken and Swampert if you like. They may not be 100% nature wise for the competition, but I have perfect 5 IV Adamant and Jolly natures for both Blaziken and Swampert =)
    JES
    JES
    I wasn't planning to, but yeah, I can be on late tonight. How is 8:00?

And more importantly, what would you like in return?
    Theorymon
    Theorymon
    Sadly that might not be late enough for me (I'm talking like 1 AM EST). So is tomorrow better for you?

Also don't worry, Im giving away all my cloned Pokemon anyways, so you can give me whatever you want :P
    JES
    JES
    Oh, you mean late LATE. Yeah, that won't work for me.
    The latest I could swing is maybe 11 PM.

So if that doesn't work, we'll have to try for tomorrow.
    Guess we've missed each other. Back online in a few minutes if you're still available.
    JES
    JES
    You're very welcome. I never told you this before, but the day that I traded with you, I was also passed Crescent Isle. I had to grind a Smeargle and Staraptor to get ready, but I managed to a Cresselia with 31 IVs in HP, SpA, and Speed. It is fortunate that I had them when I did.

I've heard that term RNG, but I've been wondering what it stands for?

And thanks! If I'm ever in need of a Ditto, I'll contact you. Best of luck to you too. :)
    Buckert
    Buckert
    RNG is the Random Number Generation, which can be 'abused' in gen 3, 4 and 5. The RNG Reporter calculates according to your TID/SID, game version, DS Mac Address etc. at what time and date you need to enter the game, and which actions you have to preform. This way you are able to capture/breed perfect AND shiny Pokémon. :) If you check my trade thread, you'll see only RNG abused Pokémon (and some bred/sr'd in gen 6)
    JES
    JES
    Okay, thinks for the explanation. :)
    I just replied to your post in the Soft Resetting thread but forgot to tag you for the notification (editing won't notify you either) so check it out :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…