Smogon Forums

PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
thats cool i'm still new to this despite my account being 4 years old. my inactivity time from start until now is pretty massive.

but yes i am available now. and thank you again
EnGarde
EnGarde
No worries! :) I've added your FC, and I'll be online shortly. Kangaskhan is one of the few that still hasn't migrated to the new game save yet, so look for my IGN Lark. Sending 2 pokemon: Kangaskhan and Dratini. You can send me anything in exchange. :)
EnGarde
EnGarde
I have like 6 friends online right now, and I don't know what your IGN is, so if you see me (IGN Lark), you can initiate the trade. :)
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
ok, question.. if i wanted to request other "Distribution Pokemon" can i do so now, or does it have to be one by one on your thread?
EnGarde
EnGarde
The one-by-one thing is mostly for GTS trading, which can only be sent 1 at a time. What else do you need? :)
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
i was trying to get into UU and OU play, i was looking into Porygon2, Tyranitar, Mawile, Togekiss, Rotom-Wash, Landorus-T
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
really anything to start me off for Battle Spot play, etc.
EnGarde
EnGarde
I ended the trade because I'll need to switch cartridges anyways to get anything else.

Remember that kangaskhan's return base power is based on the pokemon's happiness. In order to maximize it quickly, I'd recommend giving it a soothe bell and doing a handful of horde battles with it (maybe teach it earthquake to give it a good spread move). After a handful of horde battles, it should be good to go. :) Happiness checker is in Laverre City http://www.serebii.net/xy/useful.shtml
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
thanks for the tip, saves me the time to look it up. I will definitely make sure i bring her happiness up ASAP.
EnGarde
EnGarde
Remember that battle spot is not the same as Smogon tiers, so it isn't 6v6 singles (singles here is 3v3). There's also 4v4 doubles, 6v6 triples, and 4v4 rotations. Mega Kangaskhan is GREAT for all battle spot formats, but it's banned to ubers in Smogon tiers. You're also more likely to find good matches on-cart on battle spot (the Japanese players are brutal) than with smogon tiers, and less cheaters, too, since battle spot has hack checks, but regular wifi matches do not. If you want to do Smogon tier matches, the best players can be found on simulator (pokemon showdown in particular).

Give me about 5 minutes to clone the other guys, and I'll be back online with the other IGN (EnGarde).
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
i do go on pokemon showdown under this same name. also yes i did recently look up the difference, thats why my first request was kangaskhan as he wasn't banned in battlespot. i guess I'm trying to multi purpose with a focus on 3v3 battlespot while still having the possibility for wifi matches as well. doubles has never really been my format.
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
Is Ferrorthron possible as well?
EnGarde
EnGarde
Yeah, I can send ferrothorn as well. Online now. :)
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
how long have you been a competitive player?
EnGarde
EnGarde
Please note the ferro that I have is sub-optimal for OU, since I don't think it has stealth rock (didn't have access to SR when I originally bred it). It does have leech seed and spikes, iirc, and a speed IV of 1 (so it'll outspeed mirror ferrothorn).
EnGarde
EnGarde
Also, you'll have to edit the movesets of some of the pokemon, since a lot of them have doubles movesets (i.e. that ttar should have protect, togekiss has follow me--a pre-evo only move).

I've been playing competitively since maybe a month or 2 after x and y came out. I started on-cart, and am less versed in PS than I am with playing on-cart. That's why I help out around the battle spot forum rather than other competitive forums.
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
i see thats fine. I can definitely work with what is available. its a learning process nonetheless
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
thank you thats a big help so far
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
i was also able to obtain some other pokemon that are still in need of training so i will get on that ASAP along with what you shared with me today.
EnGarde
EnGarde
No problem! ^_^

If you have any questions or need any help adapting to battle spot rules, you can ask me, or you can ask on the SQ/SA thread (lots of regulars watching there). I'm best with doubles, but I can answer a lot of questions for singles as well, and can help a bit with set-building. You've got a strong collection of pokemon there, but many of them run specialized sets (i.e. that mawile is a TR mawile, and that rotom has HP ice--currently unused). Certain things really make a difference in battle spot--i.e. will-o-wisp on rotom (crucial for all the physical attackers), and using sitrus berry over leftovers in almost all instances on bulky attackers (except ferrothorn, which prefers lum berry; that ferro should be EV'd specifically to KO rotom-w, which is why it really needs that lum berry, though if rotom isn't a problem for your team, you can also use rocky helmet to further punish mega mom).