BH Balanced Hackmons

There are other mons which make better use of Triage.

Stakataka may be decent with Steelworker or Adaptability (BH TR viable? xD), but needs coverage to defeat those steel types.

Necrozma-Ultra @ Dragonium-Z/Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
- Draco Meteor
- Photon Geyser
- Shell Smash/Trick
- Filler

Unless your team desperately needs the situationally superior defensive typing of rayquaza, there is little reason to use that with this set over necrozma right now when photon geyser is running as the shiny new wrecking toy (and even better, if your team has psyterrain). The main difference other than that, if you havent figured, is this thing accually can keep disguise up when hazards are on the field, when your team gets inevtable shuffled around during the course. Depending on the last slot you can even without setup revenge things like diancie (even if +spe) and other rayquaza.

Last edited:

Duckymomo Senior

Banned deucer.
IMG_3088.PNG
So Kartana apparently. It has pretty garbage special defense and will be annihilated by fire, but it has enough attack to kill non-resists and it's speed isn't what I would consider to be absolutely horrendous. It has a relatively decent defense stat so if it's non-special attacker with no fire type moves not named MMX or Pheromosa you have chance to survive some hits. I'm actually going to take this time to point out that Flash Fire Kartana with V-create is a funny meme because most people foolishly assume that Kartana isn't Flash Fire and Ferrothorn is because they are racist to Offensive Pokemon. Anyways, Kartana has some semi-viable sets including Choice Band Steelworker/Adaptability with Sunsteel Strike and the ole BellyBurden set that's way better than Bellyburden Lucario. I always like it when people keep their Primal Kyogre in on Kartana and I ohko it with Power Whip. Then they get all mad saying shit like "Who the fuck runs Power Whip on Kartana" and I'm like it is a grass type with 500+ attack

Last edited by a moderator:
Kartana has always been the best bellydrummer after groudon and it really doesnt need any more justification. Sets up on spore, ohkos zygarde, and grass+steel+fire/ground has almost perfect coverage outside of flash fire steels (celesteela is ohkoed after rocks)

Stakataka has too much 4mss to be non-niche, but it can theoretically run an improof set with ground multiattack, when gyroball's power is reduced since the imposter is only as slow as itself.

Duckymomo Senior

Banned deucer.
IMG_3099.PNG
So Mega Mewtwo Y apparently. It has pretty garbage defense and will be annihilated by ghost, but it has enough attack to kill non-resists and it's speed isn't what I would consider to be absolutely horrendous. It has a relatively decent special defense stat so if it's special attacker with no ghost type moves not named Mega Absol or Pheromosa you have chance to survive some hits. I'm actually going to take this time to point out that Filter MMY with Mirror Coat is a funny meme because most people foolishly assume that MMY isn't Filter and Cresselia is because they are racist to Offensive Pokemon. Anyways, MMY has some semi-viable sets including Choice Specs Filter/Fur Coat with Moongeist Beam and the ole BellyBurden set that's way better than Bellyburden MMX. I always like it when people keep their +2 Mega Gengar in on MMY and I ohko it with Mirror Coat. Then they get all mad saying shit like "Who the fuck runs Filter on MMY" and I'm like it is a beyblade with 300+ special defense...

So also Pogre apparently. It has pretty garbage defense and will be annihilated by electric, but it has enough special attack to kill non-resists and it's speed isn't what I would consider to be absolutely horrendous. It has a relatively decent special defense stat so if it's special attacker with no electric type moves not named MMY or Mega Ray you have chance to survive some hits. I'm actually going to take this time to point out that Sap Sipper Kyogre with Wood Hammer is a funny meme because most people foolishly assume that Kyogre isn't Sap Sipper and Swampert is because they are racist to Offensive Pokemon. Anyways, Kyogre has some semi-viable sets including Choice Band Grassy Surge/Tough Claws with Wood Hammer and the ole Fling Lum Berry Harvest to troll pheal users better than Swampert can. I always like it when people use Kartana's Power Whip on Kyogre and I ohko it with Sap Sipper-boosted Wood Hammer. Then they get all mad saying shit like "Who the fuck runs Wood Hammer on Kyogre" and I'm like it is a water type with 400+ attack...well to wrap this up I will refrain from asking not to be infracted because Flint got mad last time I did, but I will say that you should never fly Delta Airlines.

Last edited:

Delibird @ Choice Band
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Present
- Natural Gift
- Celebrate
- Happy Hour

252+ Atk Choice Band Refrigerate Delibird Present(120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zygarde-Complete: 624-736 (98.1 - 115.7%)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hey Im a person that is very expert in om and i post my team
Upgrade 2.0 (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Sunsteel Strike

Pray the Lord (Arceus-Fairy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Milk Drink
- Stealth Rock

Lete (Arceus-Water) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Perish Song
- Anchor Shot
- Milk Drink

Ninja (Golisopod) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Core Enforcer
- Milk Drink
- Parting Shot

Steel Spam (Dialga) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Tinted Lens
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Shore Up
- Doom Desire
- Moongeist Beam

Somellier (Guzzlord) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Imposter
Careful Nature
- Milk Drink
- Whirlwind
- Nuzzle
- Knock Off

oh.

• Arceus types don't change unless they have multitype and the right plate so both Arceuses are both actually Normal, if you didn't already know
• Golisopod has pretty bad stats and a mediocre typing
• Guzzlord is outclassed by Chansey (or Blissey if you really want Safety Goggles)
• you only need one rapid spin user per team really, the other two are wasted moveslots

EDIT: Poison Heal users usually carry Glare, Spore or Will-O-Wisp so you can beat Imposter with them more easly

IronedSandwich, u seem to understand this metagame pretty well, so could you evaluate this regigigas power Trip set? (Or any1 who understands the meta)

Regigigas @ Power Herb
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Geomancy
- Cotton Guard
- Shore Up
- Power Trip

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
IronedSandwich, u seem to understand this metagame pretty well, so could you evaluate this regigigas power Trip set? (Or any1 who understands the meta)

Regigigas @ Leftovers / Toxic Orb
Ability: Simple / Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
- Accupressure
- Yawn
- Anchor Shot
- Power Trip
I corrected your set. It now can boost 7 stats, including Attack, and sweep. Yawn is to bypass Safety Goggles/Grass Typing Kartana, while Anchor Shot traps the foe as you boost. Yawn also won’t backfire as much against Magic Bounce.

They better have Prankster Haze, Heart Swap, or Destiny Bond.

Last edited:
Wow thanks! That really made it better! However, as you probably noticed, I chose regigigas, one of the most powerful normal types. This is to be immune to ghost (spectral thief) and clear body for topsy turvy (which I have used against MANY of these types of sets. I do believe simple can double efficiency, but clear body really makes it hard to stop.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Wow thanks! That really made it better! However, as you probably noticed, I chose regigigas, one of the most powerful normal types. This is to be immune to ghost (spectral thief) and clear body for topsy turvy (which I have used against MANY of these types of sets. I do believe simple can double efficiency, but clear body really makes it hard to stop.
The issue is to power up before the foe wakes up, Yawn takes 2 turns, and your healing options are limited. Simple allows you to boost Defenses and Speed so even if you don’t Boost Attack you can stay alive longer before Yawn puts it back to sleep. It will power up Power Trip, regardless.

Lol, Raticate-Alola for the anti-Prankster Topsy Turvey, Heart Swap, and Spore, + Spectral Thief Immunity.

Here is another option I use to good success:

Greninja @ Starf Berry
Ability: Harvest
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Power Trip

Just add sun support, do a slow u-turn, to Greninja so it can Spore the foe, Substitute on the switch and Belly Drum as the Substitute breaks.

It maxed out Attack so your Starf Berry will boost anything else for +2 the turn you Belly Drum, Harvest activates at the end of the turn to activate Starf again, so by next turn you have +10 stats, or 220 Base power, or 330 after STAB.
It is immune to Prankster, and if backed by Psychic Terrain won’t have to worry about -ates Fake Out or Extreme Speed. Also Harvest activates at the end of each turn, adding even more power.

Heat Rock and Terrain Extender work best on Drought and Psychic Surge Pokemon.

I tend to send out Drought first since Harvest still has a 50% chance to activate if Drought wears off, and because Psychic Surge is more essential for survivability. Maybe 1st: turn U-Turn out the Drought user with a Lagging Tail, second turn U-Turn out the Psychic Surge user with a Lagging Tail, and then 3rd turn: Spore, 4th Turn Subsitute, 5th Turn Belly Drum, 6-9th turn: sweep. (Psychic Surge lasts 8 turns starting from turn 2, hence the sweep from turn 6-9, not turn 8).

You can also always preserve Greninja and reactivate the weather and Terrain so this way when you send Greninja in again. By safely doing so: Harvest activates at the end of the turn, Greninja Spores the foe which allows it to collect Harvest again, Attack the foe as the trainer switches out the sleeping Pokémon (letting Starf Harvest activate a 3rd time in a row), and then by the end of this turn you have +6 to stats making Power Trip 140 or 210 after STAB. Any KOs you get basically allows another Starf Harvest to accumulate, as long as Greninja is alive with the Sun.

Last edited:
I hate to make this a pretty short post, but I was wondering if Dusk Mane Necrozma doea anything that Solgaleo can't? Solgaleo has higher special bulk than dusk mane so I don't see DMN being as good a regenvest mon, so I'm wondering what niches it has. Thanks in advance.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
I hate to make this a pretty short post, but I was wondering if Dusk Mane Necrozma doea anything that Solgaleo can't? Solgaleo has higher special bulk than dusk mane so I don't see DMN being as good a regenvest mon, so I'm wondering what niches it has. Thanks in advance.
its bulk decrease is also neglible. like, 7% difference on its spc def.id take a 7% bulk decrease with 30% more offensive power AND slower speed any day.

Although mega Gengar in this tier is known for it's annoying normalize entrainment, but I made this just-as-annoying set that's based upon the triage-tail glow Rayquaza-Mega.

(Btw, this is typically buffed a good x1.5-x3.5 speed from a baton-passed speed boost Deoxys-D, outspeeding pretty much anything.)

Gengar-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Tail Glow
- Dragon Tail
- Moongeist Beam

pretty self explanatory, spore them, tail glow 1-2 times, then Moongeist beam into oblivion. Dragon Tail for normal types.

Although mega Gengar in this tier is known for it's annoying normalize entrainment, but I made this just-as-annoying set that's based upon the triage-tail glow Rayquaza-Mega.

(Btw, this is typically buffed a good x1.5-x3.5 speed from a baton-passed speed boost Deoxys-D, outspeeding pretty much anything.)

Gengar-Mega @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Tail Glow
- Dragon Tail
- Moongeist Beam

pretty self explanatory, spore them, tail glow 1-2 times, then Moongeist beam into oblivion. Dragon Tail for normal types.
Then why you don't just use Dazzling or Queenly Majesty?

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Gengar-Mega @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Tail Glow
- Dragon Tail
- Moongeist Beam

Hey, welcome to BH!

The problem with your set is... It has reasoning and is an actually viable Pokemon, but aside from that I don't really like it. For starters, you should forgo Attack investment - While Foul Play isn't run, it's better to be safe than sorry. After you fix that, Leftovers really isn't a good item on Mega Gengar - With your set, I'd recommend changing the item to Safety Goggles in case of Bounced Spore or even Focus Sash. If you do decide to run Focus Sash, change your ability to Queenly Majesty or Dazzling. This will render priority attacks useless.

Now, Modest, in my opinion, isn't too good on Gengar. I always run Timid to outspeed Mega Rayquaza. Also, I mentioned to take away Attack investment and this is also because I'd advise taking away Dragon Tail. Phazing is useful, but Mega Gengar can already fall victim to Spectral Thief and it cannot touch Mega Audino with the current set you've given, a very common defensive behemoth in BH. Instead, run Secret Sword for decent neutral coverage, or run Sludge Bomb for a nice poison chance as well as the ability to hit Mega Audino well.

Finally, I kind of like Shell Smash on my Gengars. Tail Glow is a fine option, but the speed increase is quite nice, but in the end that's up to you. I realize the feedback I have given will make the set look very different, so hopefully that's alright. Don't take it too hard, we were all new once and a lot of us still have a lot to learn even being at this meta for a year.

Have fun on the ladder!

See, while making this Gengar, I did consider dazzling/queenly majesty, however, being ghost, it's immune to extreme speed, pretty much the most viable priority move, making triage the only real coverage with draining moves. As of dragon tail, I agree that it wasn't the smartEST move, as the -6 priority makes it bad, along with the attack investment, so whirlwind is better. As of the leftovers, it's there for recovery after triage, or the speed boost having issues, so it could recover from the first hit before I spore. However, if I were running dazzling, I'd run safety goggles. As of nature, I don't know y u would want a speed boost, as the speed boost allows 4 figure speed.

See, while making this Gengar, I did consider dazzling/queenly majesty, however, being ghost, it's immune to extreme speed, pretty much the most viable priority move, making triage the only real coverage with draining moves. As of dragon tail, I agree that it wasn't the smartEST move, as the -6 priority makes it bad, along with the attack investment, so whirlwind is better. As of the leftovers, it's there for recovery after triage, or the speed boost having issues, so it could recover from the first hit before I spore. However, if I were running dazzling, I'd run safety goggles. As of nature, I don't know y u would want a speed boost, as the speed boost allows 4 figure speed.
This is kind of a short-ish reply, but to answer your question, Aerialate/Pixilate Fake Out+Extreme Speed is a very real and very dangerous threat in the metagame, so Dazzling protects Gengar from both of those. Also with speed, Modest hits 359, while Jolly Mega Rayquaza hits 361. This is pretty crucial, so Timid is optimal for Mega Gengar.

Edit: Dazzling also protects Mega Gengar from Prankster, which is pretty nifty.

Last edited:

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
not to mention ironically, normal type espeed is perhaps one of the rarest priority moves that is used. even ice shard gets more usage because of shedinja.

the five BIG priority users gar fears and are all extremely common are
aerialate fakespeed
pixilate fakespeed,(yes, gengar-the poison type does in fact, fear pixilate espeed)
refrig fakespeed
triage Obliv-wing
prankster topsy turvy
all of which dazzle stops cold.

most 130 base speeders typically run 130 to catch mons like mega ray, and tie with other gengars/mm2x's since they are MASSIVE threats rn, but its up to you, sometimes i use modest for the extra ooph for breaking walls/the 90 speeders

It saddens me to see that no one thinks much of Lunar Necrozma. Yes it is the biggest Spectral Thief lure of all time, but that can be used against the opponent very effectively, as I found while using this set.

Necrozma-Dawn-Wings @ Safety Goggles / Normalium Z/ Lunalium Z
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature

- Boomburst
- Moongeist Beam
- Quiver Dance
- Conversion

Conversion is the crux of the set, leaving opponent Giratina/ MegAudino/ RegenVesters unable to use Spectral Thief. Simple Quiver Dance makes it a terrifying special sweeper after a single boost, OHKOing tons of stuff with Moon beam/ converted Boomburst. Goggles for Spore abusers, Z crystal for a one-time nuke. Imposter is a slight problem for this set though.

An Entrainment+ shell smash set is also fun since people mainly expect Entrainment from Gengar, but personally I like this set better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)