Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
what's the best set on marshadow right now (including nature)?
I really like the Life Orb set rn, Close Combat / Spectral Thief / Shadow Sneak / Rock Tomb or HP Ice, depending on whether Ho-oh or Zygarde-Complete are problems for your team. If you're going HP Ice use Naïve Nature, otherwise Jolly is fine. You can use a Bulk Up set too with Bulk Up over Rock Tomb and Marshadowium Z over Life Orb - this set always goes Jolly.

Why has Gothiletta become so good? What has changed to begin with to make players use it?
The general shift of the metagame from offence to balanced/semi-Stall is really good for goth, as it is able to eat alive pretty much every support mon that does not have a super effective stab, allowing mons such as marshadow to finish the game.

The general shift of the metagame from offence to balanced/semi-Stall is really good for goth, as it is able to eat alive pretty much every support mon that does not have a super effective stab, allowing mons such as marshadow to finish the game.
So Goth partners up with Marsh pretty well? So Marsh's debut helped Goth's usage rise?

Actually, yes, as Marshadow himself caused a rise of support Arceus (which it has a lot of trouble breaking), and goth is able to remove them quite easily, which is why they are often paired together.
additonal layers: only ghost, dark, and bug arceus are able to beat gothitelle. ghost and dark are completely destroyed by marshadow, and the remaining arceus that is effective against marsh and goth is bug... enough said.

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
What does it mean by endless battle clause & how is it possible to intentionally PP stall?
There's a Slowbro set called Funbro that was too fun for Smogon so Zarlel in all his genius banned it. In fact it was so fun they didn't even allow it in anything goes because the only thing more broken than Mega Fug is Funbro. Also Zarlel's expert coding makes it so you autolose if you use a leppa berry even without recycle

set here https://pastebin.com/fQSnRULU

Nixon73

Scuttlebug Jamboree
There's been discussion of adding Mega Latias to viability rankings and analyses, and I wanted to try it out, but I couldn't find any good sets. What speed benchmark is best for Mega Latias to go for? Also, should I give EVs after speed/HP to Defense (better take pdon fire punch and stuff) or Sp Def (better take groundceus icebeam and stuff).
Thanks!

At minimum you should probably run 96 timid speed on mega lati to outspeed max speed base 90s (even though they're not really a thing, but just a benchmark to be safe), but I prefer to run 136 timid to outspeed max speed base 95s (rayquaza and especially kyurem-w, both of which you can ohko with draco meteor) or even 176 timid to outspeed everything up to and including timid palkia.

Max HP for bulk and normally I put the rest of the EVs in defense to help take physical attacks. I don't invest in special defence since even uninvested it easily avoids the 2hko from groundceus ice beam after rocks, whilst stronger ice beams from pogre and mm2y require full sdef investment to avoid the 2hko, giving up mlati's speed tier in order to tank attacks from threats that it can't beat anyway.

It was considered but the gap between the leaks and mechanics around the new mons wasn't as big as it was for SM and its release (iirc), and interest in such a thread wasn't as big when I asked around on the Discord. USM is out in a few days - having a speculation thread for (as of now) 3 days thats basically just theorymon and would die afterwards is a wasted thread. A thread for USM sets and discussion is pretty likely within a week or so into the metagame though. It may also be mostly speculation that early, but its to be somewhat expected and covers both threads anyway.

Is Ultra Necrozma and all the other new mons gonna be added to showdown straight after it is released or will it take time? (I'm asking this because I kind of want to see how Ultra Necrozma will work in Ubers, I mean its not staying OU right ?)

Is Ultra Necrozma and all the other new mons gonna be added to showdown straight after it is released or will it take time? (I'm asking this because I kind of want to see how Ultra Necrozma will work in Ubers, I mean its not staying OU right ?)
Should be added more or less on release. And yeah, all of the new Necrozma forms are starting in ubers.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
In the Ubers VR, I saw someone mention the preferred zygarde-c set is dd/sub/thousand waves/dtail. I don't play Ubers much, but why Thousand Waves over Thousand Arrows?

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In the Ubers VR, I saw someone mention the preferred zygarde-c set is dd/sub/thousand waves/dtail. I don't play Ubers much, but why Thousand Waves over Thousand Arrows?
It was just a typo, Thousand Arrows is better for DD sets most of the time. However, Thousand Waves is not unviable, especially when paired with Substitute, it can get many free setup opportunities for Zygarde. Basically, Thousand Waves is not bad, it's just that Thousand Arrowd is so good.

Will Ultra Necrozma be ranked separately from DM and DW Necrozma?
Most likely, yes. Its a bit whack, but think of it like Mega Blaziken vs Blaziken... only with 2 base formes. It's still awkward in my head but it will be figured out completely closer to the time.

Most likely, yes. Its a bit whack, but think of it like Mega Blaziken vs Blaziken... only with 2 base formes. It's still awkward in my head but it will be figured out completely closer to the time.
So will each base forme for Ultra Necro be ranked separately? eg DM Ultra Necro A+, DW Ultra Necro A-

So will each base forme for Ultra Necro be ranked separately? eg DM Ultra Necro A+, DW Ultra Necro A-
Yes, same way the Kyurem formes would be.

EDIT: I misread the question, Ultra Necrozma itself would be ranked as one "Pokemon", regardless of whether it came from Dawn Wings or Dusk Mane Necrozma. The rankings of Dawn Wings and Dusk Mane would be affected by how well they work alongside Ultra Necrozma, however.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)