SM UU SD Lucario and Tspikes Mega Bee

SD Lucario and Tspikes Mega Bee

I know 2nd RMT in a week but I felt like this one worked well in practice so wanted to see if there were any possible improvements to the formulae!

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Bullet Punch

Started off with Lucario as I felt it got a little better with recent drops, mainly against MAlt and MGarde, also nice for MAero and opposing steel types that aren't Doublade but I haven't seen one yet (fingers crossed) I chose bullet punch as my last slot as ice punch would be nice for other dragons but I feel that cc deals with both Hydrei and Lati at +2 (Lati is a roll but with rocks up its a favorable one). You could run iron tail but I don't really see what it would kill that bp wouldn't. Finally, I chose Adamant because I have T-wave on Rotom so I felt the speed wasn't 100% necessary what with duel priority and all and as mentioned before, both Hydrei and Lati will be dealt with by cc and T-wave help me outspeed them both.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Roar
- Defog

Empoleon is here for hazard control and to help me deal with setup users more reliably. Pretty standard here not sure what I can really say about it other than its nice for MLati as it takes hits from +2 +2 and phases it out with roar before it can setup further.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- U-turn
- Drill Run
- Poison Jab

I wanted TSpikes on this team to wear down bulky waters and fatter mons that so far I feel gave my team a problem. I chose Mega Bee cause it not only provides that but it gives me a nice fast mon that can deal with the likes of MAlt and MGarde should Luc not be in a position to sweep. I did have pursuit at this point over drill run and it still could be useful but I found through testing it a bit I pref drill run to take on Steels like Klefki more useful.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Krooks basically just here to deal with MAero and to trap, also nice to have some speed control outside of Mega Bee. Felt like MAero was a problem as any variant with EQ destroyed my team up to this point. Once again pretty standard set I know but it does what I need.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

I love Rotom right now as its so versatile. I chose to run double status this time and a more bulky spread as it helps me deal with Sciz easier and also gives me a bit more speed control to help Luc sweep. I suppose this could be a faster variant for Jolly Sciz but I really don't see it all that much.

Latias @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder

Finally, I chose Electrium Lati as it helps deal with bulky waters more immediately than having to wait for toxic to rack up. Its also a nice nuke to deal with a huge threat the enemy may have. I chose Thunder as previously mentioned to deal with Bulky Waters but it also helps me take a big chunk out of things like opposing Rotom and Scizor after a few rocks switch ins.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Bullet Punch

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Roar
- Defog

Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- U-turn
- Drill Run
- Poison Jab

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

Latias @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder

All feedback is appreciated!​

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hello, interesting team you have here. I think your team struggles a bit against mega Gardevoir and mega Altaria since their coverage moves are really hard to handle for your team, Mega Manectric is another threats to look, it can easily weaken your Pokemons due the high pressure it puts to your team, to fix those issues i'll change some pokemons and fix some sets to optimize your team's effectiveness.

At first, i'd replace Empoleon with Z-happy hour Jirachi, Jirachi helps your team to deal better with mega Gardevoir and mega altaria, allowing you to revenge kill even pokemons likes of Weavile and Hydreigon, thanks to the SpA boost given by z-happy hour and some evs on SpA , jirachi is able to always 2HKO Alomomola and OHKO Quagsire with Energy ball, finally with Fire Punch is always able to deal with scizors around, which is good in a metagame where Scizor is a staple of bulky offense builds.

After the removal of empoleon, and the addition of z-jirachi, latias doesn't need a z-move anymore,
i'd replace Electrim Z with a Choice scarf, thanks to that, latias will be able to revenge kill +1 haxorus, Scarf Hydreigon and foe's mega latias w/o risking a speed tie, the moveset will be Psyschock |Ice beam | Draco meteor | Hidden power Fire, i found Ice beam a really interesting option for scarf Latias, allowing it to do a very solid damage to Gliscors and mega Altaria, Healing wish can be used to support your Lucario or your Jirachi if burned or paralyzed.

At last, i'd replace Krookodile with Swampert, i think defensive pert is a very cool mon in this build since provides a cobalion / terrakion / mega aero / hp ice mega Manectric switch in, the moveset is pretty standard, as 4th slot i think you can have many options, some of these are:
ice beam, which is amazing to hit hard mega Sceptile and special defensive Gliscors which are getting 3HKO'd by Scald after poison heal recovery, that means they can stall you with toxic if you lack ice beam, another cool option is Counter, which is very helpful against Weavile and mega beedrill, finally Toxic could be an amazing option to cripple bulky waters and dragons likes of Hydreigon ad latias which usually switch into Swampert. As finally advice i'd use Pain Split over Thunder wave on Rotom-w, i think pain split is very useful on defensive rotom to keep it health as possible,also that improve your match up against fat pokemons like alomomola, snorlax or blissey.

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Jirachi @ Normalium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- Happy Hour
- Fire Punch
- Energy Ball

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Hope i've helped man have a good day! :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)