SM OU Trump's Wall (Bulky Offense)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction

Alright, jokes aside (shoutout to 6 dogs), here's the team I've been working on for a while, way before Mega Aggron was released. First off, I'd like to say that I did not steal or base this build off of njnp's. They just look similar. I didn't even know about njnp's team until aim used it on his channel. And speaking of which, I did my own PS live showcasing this team so check my channel out #plug. Haven't touched OU in a while but this is one of my more serious teams.

The Team

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Earthquake / Ice Punch
To start off we have the star of the show, the newly-released Mega Aggron. Stealth Rock for hazards, obviously. Heavy Slam coming off one of the heaviest mons in the game and naturally high base Attack dents a lot of tanky mons, such as Lando and Tapu Fini. Toxic wears down common defensive switchins like Tangrowth, Lando or put offensive checks like Keldeo and Volcarona on a timer. The last slot is for whatever coverage you need, most useful are EQ for Tran on the switch, Ice Punch/Avalanche for Zygarde, even Fire Blast for Ferrothorn. The EV spread is what I'm really proud of. With these split bulk EVs, Aggron can avoid 2HKOs on the special side and not be 2HKOed by super-effective moves on the physical side. Aggron is one of the few Steels that counts as a Ground-resist.

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Aggron-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 145-171 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Filter Aggron-Mega: 267-316 (77.8 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
I saw this on blunder 's video and I was like "TAKE MY EQs". With Aggron taking the role of setting hazards, Lando now gives me a reliable wincon behind a SUBway sandwich. Seeing as common Lando switchins actually can't touch Lando for that much (RIP Defensive Lando), Sub or SD helps it in either getting sure-fire kills or muscle pass walls with Z-Stone Edge. Jolly is ran over Adamant because we ain't tryna die to Magma Storm.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Physical Koko is the only truth nowadays with Magearna on every team. I'm bring Scarfed Koko back, but with the physical set it can actually revenge kill a lot of sweepers like Volcarona, Zygarde and T-Tar at +1. Wild Charge still packs a punch, nice for cleaning up the game if all opposing Ground-types are gone. HP Ice rounds it out, giving it at least a chance to damage Zygarde for a nice chunk.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
Latias been running UU for a while now, but the reason it fits this team is Healing Wish. As well as checking Keldeo, but I don't really care about that. Why have 1 Mega Aggron when you can have 2 Mega Aggrons LOL. It also gives Koko a second life since its moves cause recoil. Latias also gives me reliable hazard control in the form of Defog, but more reliable than Latios since it's a bit bulkier. Draco and Psyshock, boosted by Soul Dew, still have good damage output while not being locked in or weakened.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
And learning from the 10 minutes of using 6 Dogs, I chose VinCune as my check to pretty much everything else, namely Rain and Mega Sableye on Offense. Basic PP stall Suicune stuff. We got the juicy Sub + Protect, that nice CM to sit there and that hawt Scald for when it's cold out. Max Speed EVs of course for avoiding Toxic from Tran.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
Oh hey, look! This team can't touch opposing Steels. Put a Tran on this and we gucci. Finally we have the common Trapper Tran that gave me PTSD 2 months ago. It deals with Ferro and Celesteela, Tangrowth and can 1v1 defensive Waters like Gastrodon and Toxapex. Not VinCune though, unless you predict the switch and go for Toxic but alas it misses cause this game is headass. Wait. Now I remember why I don't play mons that much anymore. Nice trip down memory lane.

Conclusion

This is probably one of my favorite builds to date. Like most of my previous work, it can be played both offensively and defensively, and is pretty safe so anyone can pick it up. If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave 'em below. But know this, I only trust my builds, so I personally will only use my version. Any changes to the team are yours to make, I can only comment my thoughts on them. Okay, peace out!

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Scarf koko doesnt need full speed evs. All it needs is 192 evs and it outspeeds the entire metagame of relevant mons. you wont be seeing scarf aerodactyl crobat jolteon and other mons faster than it. Solid team, but I can see subsd lando being a slight threat. Other than that, i like it.

Scarf koko doesnt need full speed evs. All it needs is 192 evs and it outspeeds the entire metagame of relevant mons. you wont be seeing scarf aerodactyl crobat jolteon and other mons faster than it. Solid team, but I can see subsd lando being a slight threat. Other than that, i like it.
Oh YEAH I didn't even realize that. Scarf Gren is the highest speed mark, then put the remaining into HP, until Scarf Koko rise again. It's just for guaranteed safety against opposing scarf koko. As for Lando, use Aggron to check that LOL :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)