Victim Of The Week [VoTW #27 - Zygarde / Zygarde-Complete]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
This one is pretty hard, especially considering that Gliscor is most often seen on stall teams. This leaves a few options that can deal with or at lest pressure Gliscor's common partners in crime.

Cloyster has a hard time with Toxapex and Mega Slowbro, but it's a great mon overall.

That Aegi set is nice, but once the ballon pops, Gliscor can muscle through it.

Avalugg loses to SubProtect spam if poisoned.

Mamoswine is great, especially if you can hit Fissure on a switch-in, but it struggles against Skarmory.

Skarmory is a strange one. Gliscor can't touch it, but Skarmory itself can't touch it back.

Mega Sableye is also pretty good, even though it's only seen on stall teams.

That Ttar loses to Toxapex. Not a fan of it.

Glalie requires too much skill to use, but it's a solid option.

Greninja is shaky. It has the tools, but Chansey/Blissey and LO recoil wear it down quickly.

Donphan is a nice underdog option here, but loses to Skarmory and Mega Slowbro/Venusaur.

That Salamence struggles against Skarmory and Mega Slowbro.

Alas, no one nominated Sub/Taunt DD Mega Gyarados, so I guess I'm going with can't say's Mamoswine, since it's easier to fit on a team compared to Glalie, Skarmory and Mega Sableye.

Voting for cant say's Mamoswine. Mamo deals with Gliscor pretty well, but more importantly it can also deal with most of Gliscor's partners in crime.

So going through the sets I'm hard pressed to vote for anything that runs unviable / kinda bad items so that leaves Cloyster, Mamo, Skarm, Stableye, Mence, Glalie, Greninja, & T-tar. Personally I don't really think Stableye or Skarm are a good picks on anything but stall (I'd use steela over skarm usually) so it's out, along with Glalie because it's glalie and that's a bit risky of a check potentially.

Cloyster, Mamo, Mence, Greninja, & T-tar

upload_2017-7-19_20-28-20.png
: Cloyster's problem to me is that while it deals with gliscor nicely it really has trouble during teambuilding because usually there's better setup sweepers that can actually do something in any given game without a boost, which makes me dislike that pick.

upload_2017-7-19_20-28-0.png
: I really like mamo being able to force Gliscor out most of the time. It does the same thing as Cloyster (as far as attacking gliscor), but it pressures most switchins nicely because of it's own OHKO move. The only problem is Guillotine

Salemence mini sprite.png: I was really surprised to see this as a Gliscor check (in retrospect I really have no clue why) and it really has nothing to fear because of substitute, which it has over mamoswine. Although, Like mamo both are pressured by skarmory, on top of that missing out on EQ's coverage really hurts.

upload_2017-7-19_20-27-14.png
: Basically the same idea of breaking gliscor's subs and the getting the KO with a water attack. The huge problem is that greninja usually needs the coverage move over water shuriken to work effectively (even if it's just a stronger water type move), which is the main problem to me.

upload_2017-7-19_20-26-14.png
: At this point in writing this T-tar is really the odd one out of these checks and I really do like this set for luring. However, it is hard pressed to take out gliscor if it gets a sub up (needs to have basically no prior damage) which is a real bummer because I was leaning toward this initially.

Looking at this wall of text (Pictures yay :D) I really think I'm going to vote for PPB's Mega-Salamence that set, while not outright OHKOing, it does get the job done, easily setting up and eventually netting a KO. Mence also is my pick here because it has the abillity to switch into Gliscor multiple times throughout the match on predicted earthquakes (or even rock tomb). All in all I really think that Mence is the right choice here.

Also I really love the idea of doing these in depth posts because it really helps me think through the voting process so I pick the best mon as opposed to one of the best. (not to mention I have wayyyy too much time on my hands right now so I might as well enjoy it while I can)

My vote for a check goes to The Squash's Glalie. Freeze-Dry is a reliable move to take on Gliscor. Not only that, but it will hit the Water-types that typically switch in to cover Gliscor's weaknesses.

voting cant say's mamoswine. I really wanted to analyse my vote like the other did, but I'll do that next VoTW. Mamoswine looks like the best way to deal with gliscor, and some of their teamates. It still resists to gliscor's EQ and a rock tomb easily. Guillotine and a predict toxic are the major problem, however. Anyways is a solid good choice to it.

I would write out another explanation as to why I didn't vote for x mon, but it's the same for everything in this case. My vote goes to cant say's mamoswine since an important part of beating gliscor is also being able to reliably deal with its partners, which I feel mamoswine does better than any other submission this week

edit: jhon's cloyster is an extremely close second

Congratulations to cant say for winning VoTW 24 (Gliscor) with your submissions of Mamoswine! Your post will be logged into the archive.
Victim of the week #25 - Mega-Lucario

Up next we have what is, in my opinion, one of the most underrated current metagame threats. It's Mega-Lucrio. Honestly, this mon is an absolute monster. Boasting 145 attack, 140 special attack and a speed tier of 112, Mega-Lucario is a pretty perfect definition of a glass cannon. While its defensive stats of 70 / 88 / 70 aren't too impressive, this is made up for in its sheer offensive pressure. Mega-Lucario is able to run one of two main sets, being physical swords dance or special nasty plot. Both sets are extremely threatening, with a +2 Mega-Lucario often able to easily punch in some holes in your opponent's team or clean up late game. Mega-Lucario is also blessed with pirority options both on the physical and special side, being bullet punch and vacuum wave. Its coverage of Steel / Fighting is fantastic, both of which naturally gain a x2 STAB boost due to adaptability. Personally, this would have to be my favorite mega and I would love to see how you guys handle it. So, how do you deal with Mega-Lucario?

Submissions are open and will be closed in four days from now. Best of luck everyone!

Last edited:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scarf Lele can outspeed Mega-Lucario and OHKO it with Psychic while not having to worry about Bullet Punch thanks to Psychic Terrain. I'd add something else, but that's all there is to it.

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer

Cresselia @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Trick Room

Even though it's not digital, moon duck can take several hits from the canine warrior and 3HKO it with Psychic or set TR up for your team. Cresselia is also pretty helpful against prime physical attackers in the metagame such as Landorus-T, Mega Salamence, (Mega) Blaziken, and can come in on some special attackers too, thanks to her insane bulk.

252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 78-94 (34.3 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 158-186 (69.6 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 34-40 (14.9 - 17.6%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 64-76 (28.1 - 33.4%) -- 87.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 78-92 (34.3 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 154-182 (67.8 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 SpA Cresselia Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 54-64 (37.2 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:
reserving aegislash

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z / Shuca Berry
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Aegislash is a pretty great answer to Mega-Lucario. Immune to one STAB and resisting the other, Aegislash switches in on any move Lucario can use, bar Earthquake (which isn't even a staple move). Here's the offensive calc which none of you even need, followed by pretty much the only thing which Lucario can do to Aegislash.

252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 220-259 (151.7 - 178.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Mega Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 88-104 (52.6 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Special Lucario on the other hand has practically nothing on Aegislash, switching in easily if Lucario doesn't have a boost while checking it perfectly fine if it does.

252 SpA Mega Lucario Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 68-82 (40.7 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Mega Lucario Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 136-162 (81.4 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Shuca Berry is if you already have a z move on your team and don't want to double up. This also lets you pivot Aegislash in on Lucario's earthquake.

252 Atk Mega Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Shuca Berry Aegislash-Shield: 44-52 (26.3 - 31.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Mega Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 88-104 (52.6 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 109-130 (75.1 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Lucario: 36-43 (24.8 - 29.6%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

Last edited:
"Love me, Thunder, love me Luke" - Zapvis Dosley -

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet / Sitrus Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Discharge / Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- HP Ice / Toxic

Zapdos resists to both Lucario STABs and can retaliate with Heat Wave. Its coverage is quite fine and it can deal with Luke's most common teammates.

Offensive calcs

4 SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 116-138 (80 - 95.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Zapdos Discharge vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 73-87 (50.3 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Defensive calcs

VS Physical Lucario
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 60-71 (30.4 - 36%) -- 44.9% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Mega Lucario Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 76-90 (38.5 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Mega Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 40-48 (20.3 - 24.3%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

VS Special Lucario
252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 53-63 (26.9 - 31.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 53-63 (26.9 - 31.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Mega Lucario Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 53-63 (26.9 - 31.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 100 SpA / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower / Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power Ice
- Flame Charge / Roost

Can switch in on any move and threaten the OHKO with Flamethrower without being 2HKOed before doing so, Flame Charge revenge kills weakened Luc from 60-70%. Also a cool option vs the common Hippo + Dragonite that get paired with Luc, as Solar Beam bops Hippo and HP Ice beats Dnite if Mscale is broken.

252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 116 Def Mega Charizard Y: 79-94 (42.7 - 50.8%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO

0- Atk Mega Charizard Y Flame Charge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Lucario in Sun: 90-108 (61.6 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0- Atk Mega Charizard Y Flame Charge vs. -1 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Lucario in Sun: 132-156 (90.4 - 106.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Fat King Jellicent(Leftovers)
Ability : Cursed Body(Water Absorb is nice too)
EVs : 252 Hp / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature

Trick Room
Will-o-Wisp
Recover
Hex/Scald

While not the best TR user, Jellicent handles way better Mega-Lucario being immune to its fighting moves/extreme speed and resisting the other type. Even Dark Pulse / Thunder Punch which are very rare more like myth don't help Lucario much(Dark Pulse doesnt OHKO at +2 while Thunder Punch has a 18% chance to OHKO at +2). Jellicent has the luxury to switch-in, force Lucario out and proceed with trick room giving momentum to its abusers like Mega Mawile/Steelix to set-up and destroy. Ultimately it's not about beating Lucario 1vs1(which he does btw) but shifting momentum to your side with trick room.
Some calcs :
252 Atk Lucario-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Jellicent: 90-108 (43.4 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Lucario-Mega Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Jellicent: 86-102 (41.5 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Adaptability Lucario-Mega Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Jellicent: 85-101 (41 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Volcarona @ Charti Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance / Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice / Ground

Now this one is a pick of mine that I've personally tested on the cartridge ladder and can guarantee is a scourge to the Aura Pokemon.

Unless Stone Edge Lucario is a legitimate set (I already checked if it's a thing and it's not even close to popular) there's no way Mega Luke will break through Volcarona with Close Combat on the physical set and Focus Blast on a special set, unless it can live long enough to reach +4, or gets some Stealth Rock support. If it somehow manages to live to boost once, it fails to OHKO Volcarona on all sets with it's common moves.

Meanwhile both Fiery Dance and Fire Blast OHKO with no investment on either, and it's a matter of whether you want to survive and boost longer, or provide immediate power.

Quiver Dance is a staple move which you can use on a potential switch on Luke, or just against bulky walls in general. Giga Drain is to increase your longevity and provide a good recovery against Water, Ground, and Rock types. The last move slot is dedicated to either Hidden Power Ice or Ground. Ice nails Lando-T, Garchomp, and D.nite all for a decent chunk harder than the other moves, and Hidden Power Ground is best if you don't wanna be Heatran food.

The EV spread is a generic fat Volcarona, although 4 speed EVs ironically guarantees you will outspeed Luke at +1.

Leftovers increases your longevity, and Charti Berry helps reduce the power of Rock Tombs and non-Stab Stone Edges if you feel lucky enough to run that.

+2 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 139-164 (72.3 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Adaptability Lucario-Mega Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 69-82 (35.9 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lucario-Mega: 152-182 (104.8 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

gengar-mega.gif

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hex
- Hypnosis
- Substitute

This is standard bulky trapper Mega Gengar, which does pretty good against lucario (especially if unboosted). It's as simple as using hypnosis and hoping it hits. Luckily there is a decent safety net because this set can only be ohko'd by iron tail (which is 25%) so hopefully you hit once. Hex nabs the ohko when lucario is asleep too. Gengar just needs to make sure lucario doesn't set up.

Calcerinos:
0 SpA Mega Gengar Hex (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 153-181 (105.5 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar: 102-120 (61 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (dark pulse is the same)
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Gengar: 146-174 (87.4 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Nominating Bulky Gyarados

Gyarados @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Impish
244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
- Thunder Wave / Roar
- Taunt
- Waterfall / Ice fang
- Earthquake

Bulky gyarados is a set that can take any attack from M-Lucario and survive. No physical or special attacker can OHKO it easily. It resists close combat, flash cannon and even 2+ dark pulse, hitting back with EQ. The EV is to maximize gyarados defense capabilities. This gyarados set helps against Hippo-Luc-Drag/CharY core, taunting Hippo, TW to cut Luc-Drag/CharY speed, Ice fang to Dragonite and roar to surprise the substitute users. The exact moveslot depends of your team needs, of course. Stone Edge and Thunder punch are the only moves to break this wall, but these aren't common, according to PGL.

Submissions are now closed! There are to be no edits of your own Pokemon, nor are there to be any new submissions. A few quick things to note;
  • Voting will close on the 29/7 at 12:30pm GMT+11 (8:30pm EST 28/7), where the next Vitim Of The Week will also be announced
  • You can't vote for your own submission
  • You can only change your vote once, so think carefully before doing so
  • You can vote even if you haven't made a submission. It is expected that you vote if you did submit yourself, but not compulsory

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scarf Lele can outspeed Mega-Lucario and OHKO it with Psychic while not having to worry about Bullet Punch thanks to Psychic Terrain. I'd add something else, but that's all there is to it.

Cresselia @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Trick Room

Even though it's not digital, moon duck can take several hits from the canine warrior and 3HKO it with Psychic or set TR up for your team. Cresselia is also pretty helpful against prime physical attackers in the metagame such as Landorus-T, Mega Salamence, (Mega) Blaziken, and can come in on some special attackers too, thanks to her insane bulk.
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 78-94 (34.3 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 158-186 (69.6 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 34-40 (14.9 - 17.6%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 64-76 (28.1 - 33.4%) -- 87.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 78-92 (34.3 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 154-182 (67.8 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 SpA Cresselia Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 54-64 (37.2 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Aegislash @ Ghostium Z / Shuca Berry
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Aegislash is a pretty great answer to Mega-Lucario. Immune to one STAB and resisting the other, Aegislash switches in on any move Lucario can use, bar Earthquake (which isn't even a staple move). Here's the offensive calc which none of you even need, followed by pretty much the only thing which Lucario can do to Aegislash.

252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 220-259 (151.7 - 178.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Special Lucario on the other hand has practically nothing on Aegislash, switching in easily if Lucario doesn't have a boost while checking it perfectly fine if it does.

252 SpA Mega Lucario Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 68-82 (40.7 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Mega Lucario Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 136-162 (81.4 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Shuca Berry is if you already have a z move on your team and don't want to double up. This also lets you pivot Aegislash in on Lucario's earthquake.
252 Atk Mega Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Shuca Berry Aegislash-Shield: 44-52 (26.3 - 31.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 109-130 (75.1 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Lucario: 36-43 (24.8 - 29.6%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
"Love me, Thunder, love me Luke" - Zapvis Dosley -

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet / Sitrus Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Discharge / Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- HP Ice / Toxic

Zapdos resists to both Lucario STABs and can retaliate with Heat Wave. Its coverage is quite fine and it can deal with Luke's most common teammates.

Offensive calcs

4 SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 116-138 (80 - 95.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Zapdos Discharge vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 73-87 (50.3 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Defensive calcs

VS Physical Lucario
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 60-71 (30.4 - 36%) -- 44.9% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Mega Lucario Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 76-90 (38.5 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Mega Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 40-48 (20.3 - 24.3%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

VS Special Lucario
252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 53-63 (26.9 - 31.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 53-63 (26.9 - 31.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Mega Lucario Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 53-63 (26.9 - 31.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 100 SpA / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower / Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power Ice
- Flame Charge / Roost

Can switch in on any move and threaten the OHKO with Flamethrower without being 2HKOed before doing so, Flame Charge revenge kills weakened Luc from 60-70%. Also a cool option vs the common Hippo + Dragonite that get paired with Luc, as Solar Beam bops Hippo and HP Ice beats Dnite if Mscale is broken.

252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 116 Def Mega Charizard Y: 79-94 (42.7 - 50.8%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO

0- Atk Mega Charizard Y Flame Charge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Lucario in Sun: 90-108 (61.6 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0- Atk Mega Charizard Y Flame Charge vs. -1 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Lucario in Sun: 132-156 (90.4 - 106.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Fat King Jellicent(Leftovers)
Ability : Cursed Body(Water Absorb is nice too)
EVs : 252 Hp / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature

Trick Room
Will-o-Wisp
Recover
Hex/Scald

While not the best TR user, Jellicent handles way better Mega-Lucario being immune to its fighting moves/extreme speed and resisting the other type. Even Dark Pulse / Thunder Punch which are very rare more like myth don't help Lucario much(Dark Pulse doesnt OHKO at +2 while Thunder Punch has a 18% chance to OHKO at +2). Jellicent has the luxury to switch-in, force Lucario out and proceed with trick room giving momentum to its abusers like Mega Mawile/Steelix to set-up and destroy. Ultimately it's not about beating Lucario 1vs1(which he does btw) but shifting momentum to your side with trick room.
Some calcs :
252 Atk Lucario-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Jellicent: 90-108 (43.4 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Lucario-Mega Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Jellicent: 86-102 (41.5 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Adaptability Lucario-Mega Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Jellicent: 85-101 (41 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Volcarona @ Charti Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance / Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice / Ground

Now this one is a pick of mine that I've personally tested on the cartridge ladder and can guarantee is a scourge to the Aura Pokemon.

Unless Stone Edge Lucario is a legitimate set (I already checked if it's a thing and it's not even close to popular) there's no way Mega Luke will break through Volcarona with Close Combat on the physical set and Focus Blast on a special set, unless it can live long enough to reach +4, or gets some Stealth Rock support. If it somehow manages to live to boost once, it fails to OHKO Volcarona on all sets with it's common moves.

Meanwhile both Fiery Dance and Fire Blast OHKO with no investment on either, and it's a matter of whether you want to survive and boost longer, or provide immediate power.

Quiver Dance is a staple move which you can use on a potential switch on Luke, or just against bulky walls in general. Giga Drain is to increase your longevity and provide a good recovery against Water, Ground, and Rock types. The last move slot is dedicated to either Hidden Power Ice or Ground. Ice nails Lando-T, Garchomp, and D.nite all for a decent chunk harder than the other moves, and Hidden Power Ground is best if you don't wanna be Heatran food.

The EV spread is a generic fat Volcarona, although 4 speed EVs ironically guarantees you will outspeed Luke at +1.

Leftovers increases your longevity, and Charti Berry helps reduce the power of Rock Tombs and non-Stab Stone Edges if you feel lucky enough to run that.

+2 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 139-164 (72.3 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Adaptability Lucario-Mega Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 69-82 (35.9 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lucario-Mega: 152-182 (104.8 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hex
- Hypnosis
- Substitute

This is standard bulky trapper Mega Gengar, which does pretty good against lucario (especially if unboosted). It's as simple as using hypnosis and hoping it hits. Luckily there is a decent safety net because this set can only be ohko'd by iron tail (which is 25%) so hopefully you hit once. Hex nabs the ohko when lucario is asleep too. Gengar just needs to make sure lucario doesn't set up.

Calcerinos:
0 SpA Mega Gengar Hex (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 153-181 (105.5 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar: 102-120 (61 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (dark pulse is the same)
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Gengar: 146-174 (87.4 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
Nominating Bulky Gyarados

Gyarados @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Impish
244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
- Thunder Wave / Roar
- Taunt
- Waterfall / Ice fang
- Earthquake

Bulky gyarados is a set that can take any attack from M-Lucario and survive. No physical or special attacker can OHKO it easily. It resists close combat, flash cannon and even 2+ dark pulse, hitting back with EQ. The EV is to maximize gyarados defense capabilities. This gyarados set helps against Hippo-Luc-Drag/CharY core, taunting Hippo, TW to cut Luc-Drag/CharY speed, Ice fang to Dragonite and roar to surprise the substitute users. The exact moveslot depends of your team needs, of course. Stone Edge and Thunder punch are the only moves to break this wall, but these aren't common, according to PGL.

cant say's Charizard

Being able to deal with both Mega Luke and its common teammates is just great for a check, kinda like with Mamoswine last week. Also Flame Charge Zard Y is :ok_hand:

Kanon90's Jellicent

Only reason I'm picking this is because it can come in on literally any attack Mega-Lucario can throw at it. Doesn't care about any special moves, checks every variant even at +2, and honestly Jellicent is pretty damn good. Fat waters will always hold a special place in my teams, and this is one which I surprisingly find myself using a lot.

I would have voted for zard / zapdos, but I don't really like how they drop to stone edge. Really close second, I must admit

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
We have solid options this week. All of them deal pretty reliable with Luke.

That being said, I think there's no better choice, it all comes down to personal preference.

So I'm going with dogknees' Aegislash. Very reliable mon, and can fit on a lot of teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)