CaP Prevos - Privatyke - Part 5 - Movepool Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hiya guys!

With Squawkerz winning the stats, its now time for Movepools! Now, Arghonaut's movepool was recently updated and I will post the updated version here. At some point in the future I would love to revisit and "downdate" (yeah what?) this movepool to be Gen 4 compliant. However, for the time being let's get a Gen 7 Movepool present and correct for Privatyke!

Remember, This is much stricter than a normal CaP Movepool! We are only allowed the moves which Arghonaut itself has in its movepool. You can move them around/change their order move TMs into level up moves and vice versa, but you cannot add any moves. This still leaves a surprising amount of variability and character for you to twist into the Prevo! Remember, Egg Moves cannot change!

I'd also like you guys to mention a clear method of evolution. This can be anything you like, by try and keep it more "normal" than extravagant.

Here is the new Arghonaut Movepool for you guys to work from (Which can be found HERE):

Level-Up Moves:
- Bubble
- Wrap
Evolve: Circle Throw
7 Smokescreen
10 Yawn
14 Arm Thrust
19 Aqua Jet
24 Taunt
30 Chip Away
35 Mach Punch
40 Scald
46 Revenge
51 Thief
56 Submission
62 Wide Guard
67 Punishment
73 Focus Punch
TMs:
TM01 - Work Up
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM47 - Low Sweep
TM48 - Round
TM54 - False Swipe
TM55 - Scald
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM63 - Embargo
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM94 - Surf
TM98 - Waterfall

TM100 - Confide
Egg Moves (cannot change):
Bulk Up
Cross Chop
Headbutt
Octazooka
Recover
Scary Face
Spikes
Close Combat
Old TMs:
Brine
Captivate
Cut
Dive
Drain Punch
Endure
Natural Gift
Power Up Punch
Retaliate

Rock Smash
Secret Power
Snatch
Strength
Water Pulse
Whirlpool
Tutor List:
Dive
Foul Play
Gunk Shot
Headbutt
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Low Kick
Mud Slap
Snore
Superpower
Thunder Punch
Vacuum Wave
If you are confused why a move has appeared here, please read up on snake_rattler's post about the movepool and his opinions on why he added it to Arghonaut. Some of them might give you ideas as to why Privatyke gets moves! I'll be allowing you to Final Submit from the start of this thread, but make sure you keep your movepool legal and give good reasoning to which moves you move around/take out. Also give me some good reasoning for your chosen method of evolution!

Our Prevo So far:
Name:
Privatyke
Typing: Water/Fighting
Abilities: Unaware/Technician
Stats: 65 / 75 / 65 / 40 / 60 / 45

Last edited by a moderator:
Final Submission
Levels Up at level 30

- Bubble
- Wrap
7 Smoke
10 Yawn
14 Arm Thrust
19 Aqua Jet
24 Taunt
30 Chip Away
34 Mach Punch
38 Scald
43 Revenge
47 Thief
51 Submission
56 Wide Guard
60 Punishment
65 Focus Punch

TM01 - Work Up
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM47 - Low Sweep
TM48 - Round
TM49 - Snatch
TM54 - False Swipe
TM55 - Scald
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM63 - Embargo
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM94 - Surf
TM98 - Waterfall
TM100 - Confide

Bulk Up
Cross Chop
Headbutt
Octazooka
Recover
Scary Face
Spikes
Close Combat

Brine
Captivate
Cut
Endure
Power Up Punch
Retaliate
Rock Smash
Secret Power
Snatch
Strength
Water Pulse
Whirlpool
Drain Punch

Foul Play
Gunk Shot
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Low Kick
Snore
Superpower
Thunder Punch

I've based it off Tentacruel. While it's more of a jellyfish than Octopus, it shares many similar characteristics and is more of a visual portmanteau of the two, and I feel it is more appropriate than basing it of Remoraid/Octillery, and Frillish/Jellicent is far more particular to the Jellyfish aesthetic.

I've also use level 30 as the basis for levelling up; The average of all primary water type one stage evolutions evolving by level is 30.4 and change, with the mode of all such mon's being level 30 encouraging me to pull it down to 30 - the level up which is shares with Tentacruel. Technically, if I removed the outliers of Gyarados/Quagsire at 20 and Wailord/Jellicent at 40, it would trend higher to 30.5+ish, thanks to 37 being the next "mode", but I also like the nice round numbers. Plus you've also got the theoretically fun concept of hitting level 30, learning Chip Away, Evolving, and then getting access to Circle Throw if you wish, which makes 30 feel like a nice ding up.

I've kept it real simple, real stupid, just like daddy use to teach me. The TM list has had Giga Impact and Hyper Beam removed because they are identifiers of fully evolved pokemon, Stone Edge was not available for NFE mon of Gen IV or earlier unless it was a part of their Level-up Learnset anyway or were at least part rock (except Gligar, Piloswine, and Gible - although they all share Ground Typing anyway, and also got an evolution in Gen IV), and the moveset has only had the level up order backported to that which is similar to Level Up for Tentacool/Tentacruel comparison - it adds +1 to the level-learned it would learn normally, for each prior move. I said that badly, but essentially, the next move it would learn after levelling up would be at the same level of Tentacool, +1, then the next after that, at +2. I've mirror'd that, and backported it.

Drain Punch has been removed to Old TM's.

Obviously, Circle Throw has been removed.

Last edited:

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Final Submission

- Bubble
- Wrap
7 Smokescreen
10 Yawn
14 Arm Thrust
19 Aqua Jet
24 Taunt
30 Chip Away
35 Mach Punch
40 Scald
46 Revenge
51 Thief

Evolve via Water Stone.

Removed some of Arghonaut's more powerful moves, leaving Thief as Privatyke's capstone move, which is fitting IMO. Otherwise there aren't any pre-evolutionary only moves or anything.
TM01 - Work Up
TM05 Roar
TM06 Toxic
TM07 Hail
TM08 Bulk Up
TM10 Hidden Power
TM12 Taunt
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM54 False Swipe
TM55 Scald
TM56 Fling
TM63 Embargo
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Surf
TM98 Waterfall
TM100 Confide

I goofed and left a bunch of old TMs here when I did Arghonaut, so I removed those. Only other things are Hyper Beam and Giga Impact. Removed Low Sweep and Stone Edge.
Bulk Up
Cross Chop
Headbutt
Octazooka
Recover
Scary Face
Spikes
Close Combat

WET PAINT DO NOT TOUCH
Drain Punch
Foul Play
Gunk Shot
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Snore
Superpower
Thunder Punch

Moved out some of the old Tutor Moves. Removed Low Kick.
Brine
Captivate
Cut
Dive
Endure
Headbutt
Mud Slap
Natural Gift

Power Up Punch
Retaliate
Rock Smash
Secret Power
Snatch
Strength
Vacuum Wave
Water Pulse
Whirlpool

Some of the TM Moves and Tutor Moves are Transfer Only, so I moved them here.

Last edited:
Final Submission

- Bubble
- Wrap
7 Smokescreen
10 Yawn
14 Arm Thrust
19 Aqua Jet
24 Taunt
30 Chip Away
35 Mach Punch
37 Evolution
38 Scald
42 Revenge
45 Thief
48 Submission
52 Wide Guard
55 Punishment
59 Focus Punch
37 seems a nice evolution level for something as powerful as Arghonaut. As usual, all moves after evolution are delayed by an increasing amount; I have used 2 as the "base delay" in order to avoid having the final moves being learned very late (most basic Pokémon learn their final moves by level 60). Circle Throw is an evolution move and the only removal, as nothing seems especially out of place on Privatyke.

Bulk Up
Cross Chop
Headbutt
Octazooka
Recover
Scary Face
Spikes
Close Combat
No changes, obviously.

TM01 - Work Up
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM47 - Low Sweep
TM48 - Round
TM54 - False Swipe
TM55 - Scald
TM56 - Fling
TM63 - Embargo
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM94 - Surf
TM98 - Waterfall
TM100 - Confide
- Hyper Beam and Giga Impact are usually reserved for final forms, so they have been removed.
- Stone Edge is an odd case: among G1-4 Fighting-types it is usually reserved for final evolutions, while among G5-7 ones it is available to base forms too. Since Privatyke is supposed to be a G4 Pokémon, I have removed it. Rock Slide stays anyway.
- Earthquake stays too, considering stuff like Tyrogue, Machop and Riolu keep it. Roar is a more ambiguous case (many Pokémon gain it after evolving, but even nonthreatening Pokémon like Skiddo or Stufful lear it), but I decided to keep it in order to give Privatyke a shuffling move which synergizes with Spikes.
- Privatyke still has a blade, so moves like Poison Jab, False Swipe and Cut (later) stay.

Brine
Captivate
Cut
Dive
Endure
Natural Gift
Power Up Punch
Retaliate
Rock Smash
Secret Power
Snatch
Strength
Water Pulse
Whirlpool
No changes.
Drain Punch
Foul Play
Gunk Shot
Headbutt (G4)
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Low Kick
Mud Slap (G4)
Snatch
Snore
Superpower
Thunder Punch
Vacuum Wave (G4)
No changes.

(Note that some moves (Dive, Snatch, Drain Punch, Water Pulse) are both old TMs and old tutors depending on the generation; I listed only the most recent version for simplicity but I might have missed a couple.)

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Final Submission

Level-Up Moves:

- Bubble
- Wrap
Evolve: Circle Throw
7 Smokescreen
10 Yawn
14 Arm Thrust
19 Aqua Jet
24 Taunt
30 Chip Away
Evolves at Level 32
34 Mach Punch
37 Scald
41 Thief
46 Submission
52 Wide Guard

Evolves via Level Up at 32. This is a bit earlier than Other Pokemon with similar BST totals, but high enough to have Privatyke taking a bit of a beating before evolving. I think he needs that experience in order to become as strong as he does. With Circle Throw being an evolution only move, Privatyke cannot receive it.

Changes: Brought the last few levels down a bit, and removed Revenge, Punishment and Focus Punch. I would like to have Submission last, but I think it's better to keep more in line with how Argo's movepool works.
TMs:
TM01 - Work Up
TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Round
TM54 - False Swipe
TM55 - Scald
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM63 - Embargo
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM94 - Surf
TM98 - Waterfall
TM100 - Confide

Removed Roar, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Low Sweep, Stone Edge and Giga Impact. All moves I can't really see Privatyke using at all. Roar is a bit interesting as I believe he would not have the authority to have a resounding war cry like Arghonaut would.
Egg Moves:
Bulk Up
Cross Chop
Headbutt
Octazooka
Recover
Scary Face
Spikes
Close Combat

Can't change these for obvious reasons.
Old TMs:
Brine
Captivate
Cut
Endure
Power Up Punch
Retaliate
Rock Smash
Secret Power
Snatch
Strength
Water Pulse
Whirlpool

No changes here. Strength is a minor edge case as a number of smaller Pokemon cannot learn it, but I am assuming being a pirate he would be working sails/hard rope work/heavy lifting barrels around so he can keep it.
Tutor List:
Drain Punch
Foul Play
Gunk Shot
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Low Kick
Snatch
Snore
Superpower
Thunder Punch

No Changes made here either. EDIT: Removed moves which were not possible
Transfer Only
Brine
Captivate
Cut
Dive
Endure
Headbutt
Mud Slap
Natural Gift
Power Up Punch
Retaliate
Rock Smash
Secret Power
Snatch
Strength
Vacuum Wave
Water Pulse
Whirlpool

All in all, I think Arghonauts movepool works well for Priavtyke. He's kept the important things and loses some of the super high powered options (of which he has still has several as egg moves are still applicable). I think he can still be very threatening even without Stone Edge or Earthquake. Bulldoze is still potent and Rock Slide is still a safe option vs Flying types.

EDIT: Shamelessly have lifted snake's "Transfer moves" and removed any broken instances of those moves elsewhere. Pretty sure I caught some of the other mistakes too.

Last edited:

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
There are a couple other mistakes I made in addition to Drain Punch left in TMs. Dive, Headbutt, Mud-Slap, and Vacuum Wave are no longer Tutor Moves, and Natural Gfit isn't TM anymore. Drain Punch also must be a Tutor Move. Arghonaut was my first movepool submission, so a lot of mistakes fell through. I don't want the same to happen to Privatyke.

Snatch should also be moved from TMs to tutors, and Sleep Talk has changed number. Dive is a G4 tutor but a HM in later generations, so I guess both work as a source.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I will get this sorted in the morning in about 10 hours time. Apologies for the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)