SM OU Burning Heat! A CharY Unbalanced Team! Kinglike OU

Intro:

Hey hey guys, it's Slakinglike here! I'm back with another RMT that you probably won't look at ;). But this time I have importables, replays (which I'm going to add more of), a threatlist and fancy chat boxes. (Which I really hope work)

I built my team around M Char Y because it shows up on too many threatlists. All rates are appreciated but preferably less nitpick. Help a noob out and RMT. BTW I was making experimental teams (Besides this one, and went down into the 1100s but this team is getting me back up to where I am normally. (So currently I'm at around 1230 ish, that isn't where I normally am but I guess it'll have to do until I play more). Please rate I just want to improve my team :P. Sorry about he late of pictures, I'm doing this on my iPhone and don't know how to do put them on here. (If somone could show me how that'd be great!!)

On to the 'mons

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y

Ability: Drought

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Modest Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Fire Blast

- Solar Beam

- Air Slash

- Roost/Dragon Pulse

Explanation
The Monster Itself. It appears on so many teams threatlists that I had to build a team around it. Insanely weak to Stealth Rocks (The thing on everyone's team),all Rock types, and most Electric types and Water Types. But within such a glass outside, is an A-Bomb ready to explode on the metagame. This drake 2HKOs or OHKOs almost the entire meta game with Drought boosted, Modest, STAB, 252 SpA Fireblasts and other, not as boosted Special Attacks. Standard set, with Solar Beam for Water, Rock (Besides TTar because of Stupid Sand Stream, for that you use focus blast) and Ground types. Be weary of weather inducing mons, because if they know you're going to Solar Beam, you're probably screwed. Focus Blast for TTar (don't miss ;) and you can't outspeed the scarfed version) and M Ttar, among other things like Umbreon, or general dark, ice, steel types that aren't weak to fire. Roost for a nice heal if you know they'll switch, but could be switched for Dragon Pulse or another attack. Also a convenient heal against Toxapex because Scald does nothing in the sun and who cares if you get burned you're a special attacker.

Nihilego @ Assault Vest

Ability: Beast Boost

EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

Timid Nature

- Power Gem

- Sludge Wave

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Explanation
Another sweeper? That's weak to ground?!? That is also destroyed by Zygarde?!? You may ask, what is wrong with you? Or, why would you do that?! Well, first off, HP Ice boiii. And... well that's about it, because who uses Scarfed Zygarde? *laughs nervously* This mon hits mons that are normally good against it with coverage moves like T Bolt and HP Ice, this mon has STAB moves that also make it preferable to use over my Shift Gear Magearna with the Bolt Beam set. Because in my opinion Nihilego has the same amount of sweepabillity (new word I guess ;)) but not a lot of people expect Bolt Beam Magearna. Max speed EVs to make it a lot faster than Lando T, (unless it's scarfed) Gyrados (T-bolt will not OHKO M Gyara, I learned that the hard way), Mons that are weak to any move in its wide arsenal. Like, Tapu Bulu, Koko, Lele, And Fini. Muahaaaahahaaa all your Tapu's belong to me, and others. Assault Vest to make you a special wall, and since it boosts SpD articificially, if you get a kill Beast Boost boost SpA. This NihileGOD can sweep the meta and does great in the OU landscape. I see why it's not used very much, but it should be.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Iron Barbs

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature

- Leech Seed

- Protect

- Stealth Rock

- Power Whip

Explanation
Ferrothorn, the bane of physical attackers (of course besides Fire types), and the setter of rocks. You don't really need Rocks so if you're met with something you can kill (besides something you can set up on w/ Magearna or Zygarde), just Power Whip it into oblivion. EVs are pretty normal, Protect+Leech Seed for stall outs and on physical sweepers who think swords dances will make a difference (Muahahaahahhaha!). Even some special attackers don't work very well, ex. Tapu Koko. Straight forward, just a nice Ferrothorn. Can take Earthquakes in a pinch for Nihilego and other physical attacks for Latias.

Magearna @ Fightinium Z

Ability: Soul-Heart

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

Modest Nature

- Fleur Cannon

- Flash Cannon

- Shift Gear

- Focus Blast

Explanation
Ahhh, Magearna, the S rank goddess that looks adowwable. Bolt Beam set because it hits sooo many mons in the meta and can really surprise mons like Lando T, and others. Not much to say here, a great sweeper but watch out for scarfers that can be a threat even at +2. Lando T is one of them. New mons in OU like Bisharp is OHKO'd by All Out Pummeling, but make sure you KO the right mon on their team. Do Not WASTE your Z Move in this set. Focus Blast is too unpredictable it misses to much so make it your last resort. Snowball with Soul Heart until you are unstoppable.

Zygarde @ Leftovers

Ability: Aura Break

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Thousand Arrows

- Substitute

- Coil

- Extreme Speed

Explanation
The most flexible mon on my squad, but I don't really don't know what to replace it with. Maybe just a different set. Sub Coil is a nice set, it turns it into a Physical wall but Doesn't allow it to outspeed and kill Special attacking mons. In particular Tapu Koko, that could easily be killed with a DD set, if I get +2 or 2.5. But hey, Adamant Thousand Arrows is a great coversge move and extreme speed ends matches in a pinch.

Latias @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD

Calm Nature

- Defog

- Healing Wish

- Wish

- Ice Beam

Explanation
Yay! A pretty little Latias. ScarfTrick Latios is too easy to take advantage of in my opinion, and I needed a special wall. I had Mantine but it takes a lot from SR. My Defogger, Healing Wisher and Special Wall. Defog is great because you need to get hazards off the field for Charizard especially but most of my team needs them off. Wish for WishPass and Healing wish to SAVE GAMES. If they have a Lando: Lead off with Latias and OHKO with Ice Beam first turn, an S Rank easily off the field. It outspeeds bulky Lando so they won't even get SR off and it makes Latias' life (and death) easier by not wasting turns on defog and instead using wish or healing wish. Most people won't expect the ice beam so it also helps to surprise Non AV tangrowth, Venusaur (when they only expect Draco) and others.

Please rate, any are welcome. I really like this team and I hope you do to. Help a noob out my dudes I put so much work into this.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y

Ability: Drought

Modest Nature

- Fire Blast

- Solar Beam

- Air Slash

- Roost

Nihilego @ Assault Vest

Ability: Beast Boost

Timid Nature

- Power Gem

- Sludge Wave

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Iron Barbs

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature

- Leech Seed

- Protect

- Stealth Rock

- Power Whip

Magearna @ Fightinium Z

Ability: Soul-Heart

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

Modest Nature

- Thunderbolt

- Ice Beam

- Shift Gear

- Focus Blast

Zygarde @ Leftovers

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Thousand Arrows

- Substitute

- Coil

- Extreme Speed

Latias @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD

Calm Nature

- Defog

- Healing Wish

- Wish

- Ice Beam

Replays:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-594199106

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-594258783

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-594373724

Magearna 6-0s against Robopoke's team (But not Robopoke, well it would've been a 6-0 but he forfeited)

These are in a tourney, I went 4-1 made it to semifinals my first tourney I guess I did good lol

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-594384393

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-594389019

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-594392584

I didn't copy and paste the 3rd battle sorry

Ignore my bad play please. It's the team that counts

Heatran: Besides Zygarde, I have no answer, it can kill two sweepers (Nihilego w/ Earth Power and Magearna) and Ferrothorn. So overall it's just really annoying especially if Zygarde is dead. I would love to have another answer. (Maybe putting Mantine back?)

Fast Sweepers: Since I don't have haze, I have to rely on my own sweepers to sweep first or survive a hit and OHKO it. Lack of priority besides Extremespeed makes it kinda hard to chip and outspeed to kill.

Last edited:
Change Zard-Y modest to timid, and Air Slash to Focus Blast. You need a way of killing off T-tar, especially since if mega-Ttar sets up it wins, and it can set up on half of your team.
You want timid so you can at least speed tie Mega Medicham, which also kills all of your team (especially since you don't have any speed on Latias).

+1 252 Atk Tyranitar-Mega Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 348-412 (98.8 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252 Atk Tyranitar-Mega Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 260-306 (86.3 - 101.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Your team also struggles against stall, because Chansey walls every single mon on your team. To better combat Chansey, I suggest a bulky Coil Set, with enough HP Investment so that Seismic Toss doesn't break your sub, allowing you to avoid toxic.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 212 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Substitute
- Coil

I'd suggest a Latias change because the loss of speed and STAB really hurts it, but if you can procure more replays demonstrating that this particular set is viable within the team, I'll pass.

I believe that Nihilego is in a very awkward position on your team. It shares two roles that are already taken by your teammates (special breaker - competing with Zard Y, and special defensive wall - competing with Latias). It's also completely deadweight against stall builds.

I suggest giving either 3 attacks LO + taunt Gengar, which provides a better match up vs stall (being one of few- if not only) mons that can beat Chansey, or Tapu Lele (also beats Stall) a try.

The former gives you more speed (although still lacking over all) and a much more solid check towards Mega Medicham, as well preventing it from being able to spam HJK free-ly, and absorbs T spikes, while the latters CM + Shed Shell Set (avoid dugtrio) can completely dismantle stall.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

or
Tapu Lele @ Shed Shell
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast

Change Zard-Y modest to timid, and Air Slash to Focus Blast. You need a way of killing off T-tar, especially since if mega-Ttar sets up it wins, and it can set up on half of your team.
You want timid so you can at least speed tie Mega Medicham, which also kills all of your team (especially since you don't have any speed on Latias).
+1 252 Atk Tyranitar-Mega Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 348-412 (98.8 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252 Atk Tyranitar-Mega Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 260-306 (86.3 - 101.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Your team also struggles against stall, because Chansey walls every single mon on your team. To better combat Chansey, I suggest a bulky Coil Set, with enough HP Investment so that Seismic Toss doesn't break your sub, allowing you to avoid toxic.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 212 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Substitute
- Coil

I'd suggest a Latias change because the loss of speed and STAB really hurts it, but if you can procure more replays demonstrating that this particular set is viable within the team, I'll pass.

I believe that Nihilego is in a very awkward position on your team. It shares two roles that are already taken by your teammates (special breaker - competing with Zard Y, and special defensive wall - competing with Latias). It's also completely deadweight against stall builds.

I suggest giving either 3 attacks LO + taunt Gengar, which provides a better match up vs stall (being one of few- if not only) mons that can beat Chansey, or Tapu Lele (also beats Stall) a try.

The former gives you more speed (although still lacking over all) and a much more solid check towards Mega Medicham, as well preventing it from being able to spam HJK free-ly, and absorbs T spikes, while the latters CM + Shed Shell Set (avoid dugtrio) can completely dismantle stall.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

or
Tapu Lele @ Shed Shell
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast

I like your suggestions a lot but do I need the Focus Blast on the Tapu Lele or Gengar? I already have Focus on Magearna and now Char Y. And now due to your anti Stall suggestion, get ready to rate a Nihilego Core team ;). I'm going to procure those replays btw.

I like your suggestions a lot but do I need the Focus Blast on the Tapu Lele or Gengar? I already have Focus on Magearna and now Char Y. And now due to your anti Stall suggestion, get ready to rate a Nihilego Core team ;). I'm going to procure those replays btw.
Good point, you could run HP Fire on Lele if you try it, but it is considerably weaker. You will be able to touch Shedinja and Scizor/Ferrothorn though.

Also, Magearna should be timid. Most STAB Magearna are also OTR, so I'd give BoltBeam+Focus Miss a try. Timid mageara catches Adamant Swampert in Rain as well as Scarf Chomp.

Heres a list of speed tiers http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-ou-speed-tiers.3587531/

Good point, you could run HP Fire on Lele if you try it, but it is considerably weaker. You will be able to touch Shedinja and Scizor/Ferrothorn though.

Also, Magearna should be timid. Most STAB Magearna are also OTR, so I'd give BoltBeam+Focus Miss a try. Timid mageara catches Adamant Swampert in Rain as well as Scarf Chomp.

Heres a list of speed tiers http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-ou-speed-tiers.3587531/

Timid with 252 Spe? Because I'm thinking just timid and keeping my set and +2 will get me enough to outspeed the mentioned mons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)