Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO Battle Spot Singles (VGC DISCONTINUED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Dwreak
PS! Username: Name Not Taken Yet
What format do you want to learn: VGC 2017
Your timezone: CST (GMT - 5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I competed in two regionals many years ago, and one LCQ in Worlds 2013 where I made it to Round 3. I don't have any substantial accomplishments other than getting second place at one Premier Challenge long ago (which would be irrelevant now). I'm mainly looking to learn and improve teambuilding, as I think I'm very deficient in that regard. But other education will help as well, so long as my name isn't taken yet.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Skype and Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, I'm aware of how it works.

Last edited:
assigned to cant say

Username
: Nimbus-x
PS! Username:oReaxcion
What format do you want to learn: Battle Spot Singles
Your timezone:
EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday-Fri After 12 P.M. Noon Weekends(Saturday & Sunday)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started about a year ago on Showdown and I enjoyed every bit of it. I played the OU ladder on ORAS and got 1407 going 41-3 and couldn't get any higher than unfortunately because of unnecessary plays. I'm mainly looking to improve my battling skills and build on that experience I can get from here.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
assigned to Hulavuta

Username
: a0161613
PS! Username: a0161613
What format do you want to learn: BSS
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I stumbled onto BSS when i rediscovered Smogon a couple of years ago. I liked the friendly nature of that room and the WiFi section, which both being cart based shared a lot of characteristics. I did an RMT last year and ran the CCaT but have lost a bit of enthusiasm this gen which I've put down to a lack of real knowledge and i want to get it back.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

assigned to NOVED

Username:
Tankmonx
PO/PS! Username: Tankmonx, and starfoxfalco
What Format do you wanna learn BSS
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: 3pm-5pm Est on weekdays, Friday all day after 3 pm, All day Saturday, and all Sunday Morning
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve been playing competitively on showdown since the summer of 2014. Since joining I’ve laddered, and ask for advised. I’ve always found myself to be weak of team building. The RMT room and RMT forum sections have always been a help. I finally at the end of the ORAS OU metagame I was able to break 1600 which I’m super happy about. Over my yeah and a half at Smogon I’ve played mainly singled formats like ubers, Anything goes (which my favourite tier by far), LC, Ru, UU(2nd fav tier) and some Monotype . With the release of SuMo on showdown, I instantly dove right into Anything goes,ubers and Ou. I didnt playuch BSS cause I had a hard time choosing the right 3 mons. Hopefully with a tutors help I can improve teambuilding , battling, decidng the best 3 nons to use and be able to enjoy the tier.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I have both

Username: Saurav
PS! Username: Yo Sunny
What format do you want to learn: Battle spot Doubles and VGC 2017(BSD if one only)
Your timezone: GMT+5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: Till 21st April, From 2:00 to 10:00(need prior notice)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I joined Pokemon in
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype? but didn't stat building teams till 2015. I made two VGC teams and a BSD team but I'm failing to use the right moves and select the right mons. Team building wise, I need some help with assisting mons but else I'm Fine.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:NO
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Skype only

assigned to Solerme

Username
: WallaceTheChampion
PS! Username: WallaceTheChampion
What format do you wanna learn: BSS
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: 4 PM until 10 PM, and sometimes more
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive when Sun and Moon got released, i mostly played Ubers,Anything Goes and VGC'17, but i also competed in the Battle Of Alola, Alola Friendly and kanto X Alola Regional Rumble but i did pretty bad in them so it would be very cool if someone can tutor me the ins and outs of BSS! I also participated in the LC Seasonal and DOU Seasonal, and I learned from that experience a lot!
I reached 1300 at the Anything Goes ladder (I know its low) and i readed a lot of teambuilding guides and guides about VGC and BSS to learn a lot!
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
assigned to cant say

Username
: Quote
PS! Username: Quote
What format do you wanna learn: BSS
Your timezone: UTC +7
Usual Hours of Availability: Most days and evenings unless something comes up
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing on and off competitively since ADV. I made a full-time return at the beginning of XY and have been around since. I'm currently the LC Tier Leader and as such play a lot of that, but I've been looking to expand and play some other metagames. BSS caught my eye recently, and after playing some matches of it I've been having a ton of fun. I also feel like I've been in a rut lately and perhaps BSS can help shake that and give me a different perspective on Pokemon.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Prefer Discord but can use Skype if needed.

Assigned to chemcoop

Username
: The Squash
PS! Username: The Squash
Your timezone: GMT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: This Wednesday-Friday I'm available from 12pm to 3pm, but starting Saturday I'm free from 10am to 9pm for most of the summer.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing battle spot last year, participating in some on cart competitions such as Flash Clash and Johto Classic. I didn't really get into battle spot until Sun and Moon were released, and since then I've gained a fair bit of knowledge about team building and the metagame. I'm still having some difficulties and I feel as if I've learned as much as I can by myself and need help to get even better.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I prefer Skype, but I can use Discord if necessary.

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
assigned to cant say

Username
: Dull Ladder UU
PS! Username: Dull Ladder U_U/HarmonicBoomBurst
Your timezone: Eastern Time Zone (GMT -4)
Usual Hours of Availability: Mostly after 3 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing for a while now. I usually hang out in the tournaments room and I finally qualified for my first competitive tournament this cycle and will be playing BLT with the Hariyamas. However, I still do ladder pretty often in select tiers. As of late, I have been focusing on RU and Ubers.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup
Also, I'd really appreciate it if cant say can be my tutor n_n.

assigned to Solerme

Username
: stan soojung
PS! Username: stan soojunng and many other alts lol
What format do you want to learn: SM Battle Spot Singles
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm quite flexible and don't have a specific time, although i'll usually be available at around 8pm - 12am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive mons for about a year now, and i enjoy exploring different tiers and metas and i like to think i can adapt myself to most tiers ~
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord, although i much prefer typing over speaking (throat surgery x_x)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Ye

Mikaav

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Assigned to cant say

Username
: Mikaav
PS! Username: Mikaav
Your timezone: +5.5
Usual Hours of Availability:
Mostly evenings 6pm to 1am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing for more than 3 years now. Im kind of ok in lc. I have never played bss and would like to learn
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both

Username: TheMadManiac
PS! Username: TheMadManiac
Your timezone: UTC-03:00
Usual Hours of Availability: From 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing smogon metagame OU since XY, but started with screwed up teams in XY battlespot. Not good at building teams, im an intermediary at playing, but i don't do much predicts sometimes.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: only chat

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
assigned to chemcoop

Username
: Broken Phobias
PS! Username: Broken Phobias
Your timezone: CST (I live in Wisconsin)
Usual Hours of Availability: From 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): CAP and PU main. I've hosted a tour in RU and I won a UU tour once. I've been playing OU for a long time since gen 5
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: only chat
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yea

assigned to Solerme

Username
: keelhauled
PS! Username: very yucky
Your timezone: GMT (i live in england, united kingdom)
Usual Hours of Availability: Whenever my tutor needs me
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I once beat a guy at pokemon who challenged me when he was with his girlfriend at the darkrai event, he did it to show off but i beat him and he looked silly. I also once came in the top 32 at an international pokemon event but lost to an italian. I also once represented my nation internationally as part of the World Cup of Pokemon, a highlight being a huge victory over the nation of spain. Low points include every time I lose. I also am undefeated at VGC in the smogon premier league (played 1 won 1)
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes, prefer video call
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes
I hope to learn the current game as a lot has changed now since there are new games that have come out such as pokemon sun and moon.
Thank you ^_^

assigned to NightLight26

Username
: Oshni
PO/PS! Username: Oshni
Your timezone: Gmt -8
Usual Hours of Availability:
Available near any time
Format: VGC
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):

Play in local premier league, have made top cut each time. Won a tournament at a con, but feel like my strategy is lacking in a lot of areas. Would like to learn the finer points of team building, and general strategy.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord, but could probably download skype if needed.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username: Axia
PS! Username: Ax1a
Your timezone: Eastern United States (UTC -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays: 10:30PM to Midnight
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have over 600 games played on showdown (random battle excluded) with around 79 games in BSS format. I'm looking for more than just learning one specific metagame as I would like to learn all the basics and teambuiling fundamentals in order to get better overall. Hopefully i'll be selected.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes (Discord Prefered but can use Skype if needed)

Last edited:
assigned to Solerme

Username
: Misaka Mikoto
PS! Username: Misaka Mikoto
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually around after school about 2pm onwards. Weekends are free
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Battle Spot room moderator. Have a lot of knowledge prior to SM (since I used to play ORAS BSS before that). After coming back from a long getaway from the format (once BSPL finished), I'm prepared to rejoin and contribute to Battle Spot like I have been in the past.

Tol

Retirement house
assigned to Solerme

Username: TGC Disunited
PS! Username: THEHEHEHEH
Format: BSS Singles
Timezone: US East(GMT-5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Generally from 7-7:30 and 4-9 PM on weekdays, weekends free
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): In S/M, my main tier has been PS!'s 1v1, as I have logged over 8,000 games in that meta. I am decent enough, I suppose. I don't know what others think of me asks 1v1 room mod [17:52] @BaleBlaze+:you're above average, theheheh, but correct me if i'm wrong there is only one main team i've seen you use while getting to late 1500,early 1600 at peak(might be wrong here)
I'm trying to diversify my metas so that I can play DS pokeymans better
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype? Yea, but I prefer Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes

Username: KCN
PS! Username: hi i'm dm
Your timezone: GMT+8
Usual Hours of Availability: 24-7
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started competitive battling on GSbot on IRC in 2002. I was never better than average, despite hours of study and practice. I beta tested RSbot, and studied the game 3 months before RS came out, and I was still not better than average. I took an extended break from Pokemon due to RL and started trying to play again in gen 6. I want to try and think outside the box instead of using all the standard stuff, and I want to get over my severe ladder anxiety and fear of losing. I also want to learn teambuilding and team picking at the team preview screen.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Username: Ullar
PS! Username: Ullar
Your timezone: GMT -5 (Central)
Usual Hours of Availability: From about 2 to 6 most weekdays, barring other engagements. Weekends tend to be irregular.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've made a few minor forays into competitibe battling, but this time I feel like being more serious. I have largely confined myself to the PGL Online Competitions in the past; now I want to see what the main event is like. I'm passingly familiar with the baseline of BSS, I just need to adjust to the meta. I also need to control my gimmick reflex.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

Username: madman404
PS! Username: madman404
Your timezone: EST (GMT-4)
Usual Hours of Availability: 3PM - 8PM voice, 3PM-12AM (usually) text
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started off with light ou play in early OR/AS, to limited success because I knew next to nothing about the games. I started playing monotype with a friend after discovering it, and kept going to that for the better part of a year, probably longer. I've dabbled in tiers such as ubers and uu, but never hit a point I really felt was good. Battle spot has my interest and now I wanna give it a shot, but my main issues seem to be that I'm not comfortable building and my actual play is subpar.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both, discord preferred.

Username: Soothing Deoxys
PS! Username: deoxysxx
What format do you want to learn: SUMO Battle Spot Singles
Your timezone: UTC/GMT -6 hours (Central Standard Time)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 10:00 am - 9:00 pm, Weekends 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I tried to get into competitive Pokemon in Gen. 5 but didn't really have the time for it. I finally got into it during Gen. 6 which is mostly due to the new breeding mechanics. I haven't played in a while but I usually played UU/OU on Pokemon Showdown.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, I'm able to use Discord.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
assigned to Jio

Username: TONE
PS! Username: TONE
What format do you want to learn: VGC 2018
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: M-F 8 PM - 12 AM, Weekends 4 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing competitively in 2013 and mainly play PU and even tutor the tier in my free time. Outside of Pokemon, I'm currently a college student majoring in Financial Mathematics. I dabbled a bit in VGC 2017 since the meta looked interesting and my friend was really into playing the tier and convinced me to try it myself. I don't know much about VGC as a whole and it looked like a good way to change it up from the singles play I've been doing for so long.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Username: Silver_Lucario42
PS! Username: same as ^
What format do you want to learn: VGC 2018
Your timezone: GMT -8
Usual Hours of Availability: after school (past 4 pm on tuesday-friday), all the time on weekends for the most part
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): hi, i'm silver_lucario42. a couple years ago i played vgc 16 and went to a regional bringing ho-oh and zygarde and had a lot of fun. these days i mostly play balanced hackmons and a little bit of ou, but i got a copy of ultra moon and i want to try going to another regional or even something bigger. back when i played vgc 16 though i wouldn't call myself good at vgc (even though i played a lot of games) so i want to set myself on a track for success this time.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yeah i got discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: Exterzy
PS! Username: Exterzy ❤ You
What format do you want to learn: VGC 17
Your timezone: EST (GMT -1)
Usual Hours of Availability: Week days 8am - 3am - Weekends 10am - 5am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I Started playing pokemon showdown less then a month a go have had experience on mon releases except x & y & sun & moon, have only recently wanted to get into pvp as such, but have gone over 1400+ on the ladder play mainly ou, but i'm down for learning VGC & feel to could help me ou game improve tremendously.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)