Smogon Forum Suggestions and Feedback

Could we have a forum to share interesting/helpful/amusing PS! Replays? Currently there is no where to post good replays. Watching good battles can help newer players with teambuilding and funny replays are good to share, but there's no real place to share them.
We have two threads where you can share replays in the PS! forum. There's no need for an entire forum when those two threads accomplish the such just fine. The former is for more competitively-based and really good replays, and the latter is for more gimmicky-esque type of things, and basically everything else.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible to make a feature that allows you to search for individual posts of a thread by user? Unless I'm missing something, the only way I've been able to find specific posts was through a users profile, or by manually searching through the thread, which takes a long time and is incredibly inconvenient.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it possible to make a feature that allows you to search for individual posts of a thread by user? Unless I'm missing something, the only way I've been able to find specific posts was through a users profile, or by manually searching through the thread, which takes a long time and is incredibly inconvenient.
You mean search for posts by a user in the thread? Open the thread and click the search. Select posted by member and search this thread only. Hope I didn't misunderstand! xd

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You mean search for posts by a user in the thread? Open the thread and click the search. Select posted by member and search this thread only. Hope I didn't misunderstand! xd
Yeah, thats what I meant. Thanks for pointing that out.

Hey all!I am going to address about the timezone related problem.I wanted to sign up for B101.The signups thread was started a t 5p.m.EST.I live in India so there is a 10.30 hour difference in EST and Indian Standard Time.So in India it was 3.30 am when the thread started accepting signips.Look it is difficult for someone to remian awake whole night for signing up.When I opened it at 6.30 the thread was closed.This is a real problem for people who want to learn.Please look into this!

P.S.-Thanks for looking in it skylight!

Last edited:

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey all!I am going to address about the timezone related problem.I wanted to sign up for B101.The signups thread was started a t 5p.m.EST.I live in India so there is a 10.30 hour difference in EST and Indian Standard Time.So in India it was 3.30 am when the thread started accepting signips.Look it is difficult for someone to remian awake whole night for signing up.When I opened it at 6.30 the thread was closed.This is a real problem for people who want to learn.Please look into this!
If you wait about a week, we will have a fully working help form onsite which will connect you with people that will teach you the basics of Pokemon. It won't be to the extent that B101 has, but after learning the basics you should have a pretty good grasp of things and you can learn the rest on your own. You could also start posting in the forum relating to the tier you want to learn and show that you do have a bit of knowledge. You could then get to know the tutors of the area involved, and if they're cool with you they might agree to tutor you for the next round. Other than that there's no real way to get around the timezone issue, so learning the basics and going from there is probably your best bet. :)

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
A place for your past Avatars
I often find an avatar that I like, and have a few in reserve, but as soon as I change avatars, the past avatar is pretty much lost forever. When there are so many avatars that I've liked in the past, I wish that I could see them all together. I think that there should be a gallery for your past avatars, where you, as well as other users can view your array of funny, cute and dark avatars

Clone

Free Gliscor
Wouldn't it just be easier to pb the links of all ur avis and save that than request a largely useless feature?

For the Beta Pokedex, you can search an item and a list of all sets with the item will be available. I would like something like that for attacks.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A place for your past Avatars
I often find an avatar that I like, and have a few in reserve, but as soon as I change avatars, the past avatar is pretty much lost forever. When there are so many avatars that I've liked in the past, I wish that I could see them all together. I think that there should be a gallery for your past avatars, where you, as well as other users can view your array of funny, cute and dark avatars
You have to add your avatar on Smogon from your computer. Unless you delete everything on your computer, you should always have them. You can even make an avatar folder on your desktop to save all of them.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
I have a folder specifically for that use, but I was thinking of this more for other people that visit your profile to see.

Why is it that we don't have that system that smashboards has where you can't post links until you compile x posts. I don't see much of a downside to it and it stops spambots.

Minor suggestion, but the ORAS Other Teams subforum's description should mention OMs in some way. It's not really clear that that's where OM RMTs are supposed to go, and as a result we get 1) very few overall and 2) some mistakenly posted in the OM forum itself.

(I PMed Jirachee about this a while ago but didn't get a response.)

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As for in the new Strategy Dex ( http://www.smogon.com/dex/ ), I get very annoyed we can't sort Pokémon on stats and that you can't see a Pokémon's BST.
^I'm not sure if that was seen but again

Also could we be able to search Pokémons per type in each tier? So you could search all Grass Pokémon in OU and you'd see Breloom, Celebi, Ferrothorn and Venusaur etc

Also could we be able to see other tiers like Doubles UU, LC UU etcetera?

Okay, I'm not sure if this is the right topic to be asking in about technical issues with the site, but I can't view on any of the individual entries in the strategydex. I click on, say Serperior in the OU section and all that shows up is a loading graphic.

Why the unnecessary javascript/google-analytics nonsense? The strategydex worked fine before even using NoScript/RequestPolicy, now it doesn't work at all. Whatever change was recently made, please either address the bug or roll the change back.

I am running the latest version of PaleMoon, a FireFox fork, if that matters.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can we make it so that you can see post number on mobile or so you can search for a post number in a thread?

I mean this isn't really critical but sometimes a thread will say "read post x" and they're a pain to figure out on mobile

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
chaos isn't accepting dex feature suggestions (only bug reports), but he's slowly working on stuff when he gets the time. So yea for now I guess use PS?

And as for the time changing thing, well Toast++ do help thanks!
Can we make it so that you can see post number on mobile or so you can search for a post number in a thread?

I mean this isn't really critical but sometimes a thread will say "read post x" and they're a pain to figure out on mobile
Toast++ is this possible?

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Extremely minor thing, but is there any way that the favorite Pokemon section of our profiles could be expanded to 11 or 12 characters? Since Gen 6 names can now have up to 12 characters but people whose favorite Pokemon is Fletchinder cannot express it

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Another minor thing but when I mouse over my inbox it still says the older names of people who have had changes and its not that important its just kinda odd

Like for example it still says Ranger Helmut instead of Ranger Mike

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Maybe I'm the only one who uses the Watched Threads tab, but it would be cool if you could unwatch threads from there--maybe checkboxes next to all the threads, and you could select any you don't need to pay attention to anymore and unwatch them all at once from the tab, instead of having to go to every thread individually and click unwatch, which is honestly a pretty huge hassle.

Here are some things that I am not sure are with XenForo, but w/e.

-Is it possible to add a "last read" tab or whatever in your PMs? This way, you can see if the person you sent it to even read it in the first place. Sometimes it might frustrate me that someone doesn't reply, and I don't know if they are blatantly ignoring it or they don't have time to read it or something. Also, not everyone receives emails from it, so some users don't regard PMs as something important.

-Could there be a function in a thread to go to a particular post? For example, if in the Theorymon thread it says "check post 3034" like in the title, and either I'm too lazy to do the math or it's too far back, I can type in "3034" in the pop-up that would say "which post would you like to go to?" or something along those lines.

Both of these would be really appreciated by me and other members of the community, I think. :)

Thank you for your time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)