Tournament ZUWC I - Quarterfinals [Tiebreaker @ Post #17]

Theia

I'll burn before you bury me
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Art by DaWolfKid

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.

US South (4) vs (2) Italy
SV ZU: Monai vs diegoyuhhi
SV ZU: asa vs Ciro napoli
SV ZU: Portobello vs MONNA LUSA
SV ZU: Danny vs Mihowk
SV ZU: Taka vs Hachimaki
SV ZU: Stories vs Baoba

Poland + Oceania (3) vs (3) France + Africa
SV ZU: fish anemometer vs Lizardu''
SV ZU: damien the genius vs zS
SV ZU: Big Chungus irl vs mimilimi
SV ZU: DugZa vs Tuthur
SV ZU: PociekMociek vs Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂
SV ZU: Morbius Z vs yovan33321

The deadline is Sunday, April 28th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.

Tuthur

haha
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
US South (3) vs (3) Italy
SV ZU: Monai vs diegoyuhhi - Monai is 3-0, while diego is notoriously having difficult teamtour seasons
SV ZU: asa vs Ciro napoli - Both players have been deceiving in r1, while asa beat Ciro, I don't think think this showed any superiority from asa against Ciro. I'd rate both players roughly the same, and giving the edge to the one who's going to put the most work toward the tournament. Probably the closest game of this week, my guts tell me to bold Ciro though.
SV ZU: Portobello vs MONNA LUSA - both players are a little unexperimented, but i've found Porto a little more solid
SV ZU: Danny vs Mihowk - Danny is the strongest player, but he will underestimate his opponent, bring some mid fat and get owned by diego's build carried by Mihowk solid gameplay.
SV ZU: Taka vs Hachimaki - Good showing so far from Hachi
SV ZU: Stories vs Baoba - Baoba did well in pool. I thought they were some random Italian players who'd get farmed by players I'm more familiar with, but they proved me wrong. However, I'm a huge Stories believer, but I wouldn't be surprised by an upset, this is the highlight of the week imo.

Predicting tiebreak is quite hard, I predict South to send Monai, Danny, and Stories, while Italy probably sends Ciro, Mihowk, and Hachimaki, though I wouldn't be surprised with Baoba starting over Ciro. Giving the edge to South on this one as I believe their starters are quite a step above Italian ones, and should win if Danny doesn't troll his teamchoice and Monai doesn't forget what this niche Pokemon can do.

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
IMG_1064.jpeg

big ups for Poland
SV ZU: Morbius Z vs Arcobaleno - surprisingly the more one sided of these 3 mus. Morbid has been fire unless I’m misremembering in which case he wins bc he has a cool name.
SV ZU: fish anenometer vs Tuthur - man this is tough but I think fish is in form man. He kinda had an insane mu last game and piloted it straight enough tho and Tuthur lost off a throw and hax? Idr tbh but yeah 60/40
SV ZU: DugZa vs zS - I’ve loved zs teams. Dugza is the better pilot but zs has insane technology and tends to win these clutch momentsz if fish can concoct a good mu dugza can win pretty convincingly but the teams from Poland haven’t been as cool as France except the balance fish brought himself. 45/55

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)