NOC eli loves matrices game thread [Game Over, Town Win!]

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
hey psy/schia what's the OM vote logic? figuring out where to move my vote for it to matter, and obviously caff's recent vote for om isn't the most convincing

Responding here first, as it probably hits some bullets for some other folks too
So have you just been lurking the whole time with Psy bait on your fishing line lmao? You’re saying that it was something intentional, or what?
No, I don't know where you're getting the lurking from. I checked in once during my planning period to get up to speed with thread, which is the same check-in where you saw me bring up the Psy TMI thing. My concern had been that Psy's post progression felt like it stood a chance of spewing Celever town (specifically what felt off was the movement from "hey this vote on Cel is weird" despite earlier feelings around the slot, into "wait Vizh is pocketing Cel", and then importantly the followup post where he clarifies it could be buddying too and neither could be ruled out, the latter two being the ones I quoted). The concern in that scenario is less "oh, this is different from what you're saying earlier" and more that the rhythm of the progression had all the contours of someone making a push that intimated another player's alignment, recognizing they had done so, and then posting a revision to save face. The progression isn't like, uniquely scummy/impossible to come from town, but given who the read was coming from I figured I'd invite outside thought (hence "Tell me what y'all think" as opposed to "This is 100% TMI, join me on Psy"). Crowdsourcing is part of developing reads.

The part about leaving my vote comes into play because, idk about you, but when i'm going to be away from thread for a while & i have the time for quick check-ins, i do tend to think about where my vote is best kept (and i hope you do too!) I had debated unvoting since I wouldn't be able to jump back on for a few hours til work wrapped but it occurred to me that seeing Psy's reaction to me staying would also probably help make his slot more legible. I think some of the stuff he's posted on you is actually pretty solid (more here in a bit) but also like, A Really Good Way To Get A Pulse On The Genuineness Of Someone's Read Is To See How Much They've Thought It Through & Whether/How It Extends To Other Parts of their play. I think Psy's immediate reaction (the "nah i disagree" in bold) followed by the slow-burn realization is kind of villagery, esp. in the context of someone being frustrated with various degrees of misrep on his slot.

The plan was always to unvote or reaffirm the vote whenever I managed to get back into thread - which in this case happened to be around 5ish when I was no longer with kids.

Also I just refreshed to your OM explanation, it’s basically just a policy vote?
This gets explained a bit later on, but no it's not a policy vote. It's a vote-vote. The only time I've seen OM this inactive in a game with him is when we were hydra'ing together and the Minecraft 1.18 update was dropping at phasestart. I don't doubt that he has other things going on but I do know that v!OM, even when tired, even when exhausted, even when barely remembering the game is happening, makes very productive/efficient use of his time in thread. I think the comment abt "oh yeah there's probably a wolf in the wall-read bandwagoners" can come from town OM. I think the bit about Psy's vote on me due to sheer paranoia can also be town OM (esp. coming out of PSMPL). on it's own though it's really not that much & i don't get like, any proactivity/sense of inquiry at all that i'd expect from town OM.

what i do expect is that town OM doesn't skip out on end-of-day, or atvl would be vocal about missing it if he was low on time - like, there's an expectation that he takes much more initiative with the time he has, even if he's down & it's not going to be anything spectacular. as it stands it just feels like he doesn't want to be in the thread (which is >rand wolf).

someone asked me what my thoughts are on LS and my actual factual thought on her rn is "i don't care", like the slot has done nothing to stand out at all in my mind, my biggest impression is that in her response to the SL AG post where she misread it as LS AG (that is, scumteam conjecture instead of a scumlean on AG by himself) i feel like a wolf is maybe weirder about how they treat that post.

but it's another one of those situations where paucity of content kind of curbs the read efficacy

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
Day 1.5 Votecount

CaffeineBoost (4) - Thunder~BALLZ, realiti, M24, Aura Guardian
OM (3) - Schiavetto, Psypsypsypsypsythe, CaffeineBoost
Psypsypsypsypsythe (1) - Celever
Laurel (1) - Laurel
Aura Guardian (1) - Lady Salamence

Not Voting (3) : HydrogenHydreigon, OM, Vizh

Deadline is in 17 mins.

if it's not apparent btw i'm not cosigning any D1 psy votes - I think a lot of his stuff today, while like, Weird, still probably stands a decent chance of coming from town, and I think some of the treatment of him by other slots - despite some of his own Weirdness - is like

not something i'd expect on a gabby D1 wolf

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
Day 1.7 Votecount

CaffeineBoost (4) - Thunder~BALLZ, realiti, M24, Aura Guardian
OM (4) - Schiavetto, Psypsypsypsypsythe, CaffeineBoost, Lady Salamence
Psypsypsypsypsythe (1) - Celever
Laurel (1) - Laurel

Not Voting (3) : HydrogenHydreigon, OM, Vizh

Deadline is in 12 mins.

Celever

i am town
Right now, I feel as though there is a decently above rand chance that one of Caff and OM are wolf and the other is town.

Having to decide who is who is a headache :zonger:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)