Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 45 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyone have a HA Scyther? (in matching ball would be nice)
I've seen you requesting this quite frequently with no reply so I thought I'd give you some advice...

Firstly, no one has HA Scyther / Scizor because Light Metal is a trash ability on Scizor and Steadfast is situational at best on Scyther so literally everyone opts for the far superior Technician

HA is also hard to obtain on Scyther / Scizor. You could get it from the Dream World in gen V, but obviously that isn't an option anymore since that feature is no longer available. So now in gen VI you would have to get it through horde encounters, which is already difficult in itself because Scyther hordes are the rarest of the 3 you can encounter on route 21 in Kalos

You are also making these requests without making any offers, or have a link to a trade thread / list for people to check out. No one is going to donate this already-hard-to-obtain-yet-pointless-to-use Pokemon to you.

My I ask why you want Scyther's HA in the first place? The only logical reason is because you want to make some gimmicky Eviolite Scyther build for VGC that benefits from enemy Fake Out but I read in a previous post that you want it for Mega Scizor so that explanation is out the window. I know Scizor 'loses' Light Metal when it evolves but what's the point? Just go catch a normal one in the ball you want and leave it at that imo...

I've seen you requesting this quite frequently with no reply so I thought I'd give you some advice...

Firstly, no one has HA Scyther / Scizor because Light Metal is a trash ability on Scizor and Steadfast is situational at best on Scyther so literally everyone opts for the far superior Technician

HA is also hard to obtain on Scyther / Scizor. You could get it from the Dream World in gen V, but obviously that isn't an option anymore since that feature is no longer available. So now in gen VI you would have to get it through horde encounters, which is already difficult in itself because Scyther hordes are the rarest of the 3 you can encounter on route 21 in Kalos

You are also making these requests without making any offers, or have a link to a trade thread / list for people to check out. No one is going to donate this already-hard-to-obtain-yet-pointless-to-use Pokemon to you.

My I ask why you want Scyther's HA in the first place? The only logical reason is because you want to make some gimmicky Eviolite Scyther build for VGC that benefits from enemy Fake Out but I read in a previous post that you want it for Mega Scizor so that explanation is out the window. I know Scizor 'loses' Light Metal when it evolves but what's the point? Just go catch a normal one in the ball you want and leave it at that imo...

Isn't it better for Mega Scizor to have Light Metal to easy switching in to Grass Knot/Low Kick?

-snip-
My guess would be: He wants one because it's the recommended ability in the analysis in the dex. I've been long gone and when I read "Light Metal" I was like "wtf" at first because the only reason it's stated is like "takes little less damage from Low Kick" or whatever... so yeah, I can only agree with you here. Light Metal is really situational at best and Mega-Scizor gets Technician anyway. If you don't play M-Scizor, then Technician is also the better ability... because normal Sciz without it is pretty much a useless slot.

Grass Knot deals 0.25x Dmg, so I'd say that argument is pretty... meh. Low Kick is neutral and generally, you don't want to let Scizor take on strong Fighters. So just switch in a resistance/immunity and be safe. IMO - no reason to run Light Metal...

That being said, just for the fun to have it, I guess, it can be nice and all...

My guess would be: He wants one because it's the recommended ability in the analysis in the dex. I've been long gone and when I read "Light Metal" I was like "wtf" at first because the only reason it's stated is like "takes little less damage from Low Kick" or whatever... so yeah, I can only agree with you here. Light Metal is really situational at best and Mega-Scizor gets Technician anyway. If you don't play M-Scizor, then Technician is also the better ability... because normal Sciz without it is pretty much a useless slot.

Grass Knot deals 0.25x Dmg, so I'd say that argument is pretty... meh. Low Kick is neutral and generally, you don't want to let Scizor take on strong Fighters. So just switch in a resistance/immunity and be safe. IMO - no reason to run Light Metal...

That being said, just for the fun to have it, I guess, it can be nice and all...
I plan to have two Scizors in my box. An Adamant Technician for normal scizor and Impish Light Metal for Mega Scizor since normal scizor normally runs adamant. But I get your point.

I've seen recently someone ask about the best IVs on an ES linoone... Can anyone tell me if there's some way in ORAS to obtain that?
Or is this just the event back in Gen III?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've seen recently someone ask about the best IVs on an ES linoone... Can anyone tell me if there's some way in ORAS to obtain that?
Or is this just the event back in Gen III?
There was recently an event in Japan that gave a Linoone with Extreme Speed, it was an in-person event at the 2015 Pokemon Jump Festa, so it's pretty hard to get a hold of...

ps: I'm looking for it

Looking to clear these spares, just shoot me 4EM male pokemon/Nice ball pokemon offers and I will think about them.

x4
EMs : Covet, Pursuit and Fake Out

x2
EM : Disable

X3
EMs : None

I will now try to post this regularly so as to clear out my extras on a regular basis.

dialganet

Banned deucer.
LF someone who can help me trade-evolve my Rhydon into Rhyperior. If it's someone I already now, better, but don't be shy. Will offer a 5iv HA Magikarp for the inconvenience.

Thank you!

Looking for a Battle Ready Hasty/Naive Infernape with Hidden Ability or Infernape Breedjects. I could give you a battle ready pokemon or other Breedjects for him.

dialganet

Banned deucer.
Looking for a Battle Ready Hasty/Naive Infernape with Hidden Ability or Infernape Breedjects. I could give you a battle ready pokemon or other Breedjects for him.
I have a naive HA HP Ice (30/31/30/31/31/31) Chimchar with Encore, Fake Out, Thunder Punch and Fire Punch.

If that's ok, what would you have to offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)