2013 Music

idk about better than loveless, but m b v is a very good album

asap rocky, on the other hand, sucks

"isn't anything" was always my favourite mbv album anyway ^^ i liked loveless but i much prefer them when they're doing weird floaty/fuzzy pop songs rather than hazy walls of sound. "m b v" was a good half way there for that, and the wall of sound stuff was pretty killer anyway.

I like ASAP rocky but tracks like 1train and fuckin problems and whatever that one with skrillex in was called, were total trash. There was some great stuff on there tho. My friends Friendzone did a great job with "Fashion Killer"! :>

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Fashion Killer was pretty bad I thought. Just name dropping designers and kinda sounds like filler.

Can't believe that only one person has mentioned Disclosure so far. They're insane and absolutely killed it at Ultra.

Also Feed Me said in An Interview (pages 42-44) that he was going to be releasing a full Album this Year, and has mentioned on twitter that he's almost done with it. He also mentioned that in the next year he's going to be putting out albums under two of his other aliases, Spor and Seventh Stitch. Jon Gooch is a god.

Also He says that Death By Robot wasn't meant to be an EP, just a single but iTunes makes it an EP if it's 3 or more songs.

JT's album is sub par at best. The song concepts as a whole are fine but they go on for 7 minutes each, it's completely ridiculous. He is basically singing the same thing for the whole song and then decides to switch the structure in the last couple of minutes to no point. If these songs would be near the five minute mark they would become more bearable. That's not to say that the songs are bad or anything, I enjoy "Spaceship Coupe" and "Blue Ocean Floor" considerably but there is only so much I can handle of their timespan. Sometimes less ends up being more.

Example

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Searched through this thread for mentions of Device. None found.

[youtube]x1FkuBbwySY[/youtube]

[youtube]-K1q1pw04Bs[/youtube]

Once I heard these songs, I was hooked. Of course, if you didn't like Disturbed, you're probably not going to like Device. However, I cannot wait for their debut album to come out. Plus, I really want to hear that cover of "Close My Eyes Forever" that's going to be on the album.

.... And M. Shadows is featured on one of the songs, and I do like Avenged Sevenfold.

... And Geezer Butler is featured on one of the songs. I don't care if he's just a bassist, if you can get anyone from Black Sabbath featured on one of your songs, you are awesome.

metal stuff!

killswitch engage's disarm the descent is fun. nothing spectacular but it's rather enjoyable. same goes for darkthrone's the underground resistance except it's less unspectacular.

i personally didn't like paysage d'hiver's das tor very much but anyone who likes black metal should check it out.

shai hulud's reach beyond the sun is really, really good...

device are the exact same thing as disturbed - tight, but overall boring, commercial hard rock. no thanks.

Just found out today about Dub Step.

What the fuck..
ahahahahahahahaha

metal stuff!

killswitch engage's disarm the descent is fun. nothing spectacular but it's rather enjoyable. same goes for darkthrone's the underground resistance except it's less unspectacular.

i personally didn't like paysage d'hiver's das tor very much but anyone who likes black metal should check it out.

shai hulud's reach beyond the sun is really, really good...

device are the exact same thing as disturbed - tight, but overall boring, commercial hard rock. no thanks.
the Paysage is the only "metal" thing you mentioned. ;)

i liked it.

i'm not going to listen to any of those other ones you mentioned.

ahahahahahahahaha

the Paysage is the only "metal" thing you mentioned. ;)

i liked it.

i'm not going to listen to any of those other ones you mentioned.
Since when is Darkthrone not metal? Their new album was good heavy metal with some crust punk influences (though a lot less crust than the last few albums). Regardless whether you think metalcore is metal, the Shai Hulud album was good also. Das Tor is fantastic when it hits it's stride but it just drones on and on forever.... I'm still mixed on it.

Tribulation - The Formulas of Death
This band has transformed itself from a good retro swedeath band into something more with this album. Lots of proggy parts, some black metal influences too, really interesting.

Can't believe that only one person has mentioned Disclosure so far. They're insane and absolutely killed it at Ultra.
Yeah, they're great. They've been extremely popular in the UK the past 12 months, especially after they did that song with Jessie Ware, and even managed to crossover to the mainstream with Latch which is amazing. I'm not too surprised they haven't been mentioned much in this thread though, as it's only really in the UK where they're huge.

In response to people above, for what it's worth, I love both A$AP Rocky and Justin Timberlake's albums. I'm a big fan of R&B and hip hop though. Fuckin' Problems is probably going to end up as one of my most-played songs of 2013 the rate it's going. I listen to it probably every day. I hear it loads when I go clubbing as well (Wild For the Night too, it's INSANE at the beginning).

The maisntream success of Suit & Tie has been very shocking, but also pleasing. The past few years the radio stations have been playing nothing just generic dance-pop music, which is really poor. I don't understand how all those pop stars can take such a broad genre of music for influence for their albums, yet they end up with all their songs sounding the same. I'm glad most of them seem to be stopping with the dance songs though.

Since when is Darkthrone not metal? Their new album was good heavy metal with some crust punk influences (though a lot less crust than the last few albums). Regardless whether you think metalcore is metal, the Shai Hulud album was good also. Das Tor is fantastic when it hits it's stride but it just drones on and on forever.... I'm still mixed on it.

Tribulation - The Formulas of Death
This band has transformed itself from a good retro swedeath band into something more with this album. Lots of proggy parts, some black metal influences too, really interesting.
sorry my bad, was skimming the post.

also, Shaking the Habitual leaked...:naughty:

Crystal Fighters released a new track of Cave Rave a couple of hours ago, called Wave. It's amazing. If this is any indication of the level of Cave Rave, then we're in for a fantastic album! I bet this is gonna be my #1 summer track for this year.

[youtube]C8VK28eCuQ0[/youtube]

Also, just realized this is my 1,000th post. Yay milestones!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)