Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Pearl, preferably. Although I could hatch it on my HG, I'm only at the 5th gym.

Edit: And ty :)
If you can clone, keep a clone in your box, and hatch the other to use in game. Or get someone to clone for you

As for locations in Pearl....sorry can't help you there

Okay, I'm trying to learn to RNG breed now in the 4th gen games after putting it off for so long. I have two questions:

1) I have been using the Emloop method rather than the mash A calibration method for RNGing legendaries. Can I still do this for hitting my delay when RNG breeding?

2) The frame calibration steps in the onsite guide ask me to catch a wild Pokemon ASAP after grabbing the egg to identify my seed. None of the nearby wild Pokemon are high enough level though so am I expected to RC them up to check the seed? Seems like a pretty crazy way to do it and I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

Thanks.

Hmm. Also it seems that the Breeding DPPt tab is gone in the newer versions of RNGReporter. What's the equivalent? Seed finder -> find seed by IVs/stats?

@yoda
1. yes you can
2. after getting the egg, immediately fly to a place where you can catch a lv 50+ pokemon easily like the survival area or resort area. catch a pokemon and use the find seed by stats. don't do this just once. i've had so many times where i received the egg just a little bit earlier than in my calibration and got incorrect ivs. repeat the calibration until you are sure of your frame.

breeding (dppt) is in the drop down menu on rngreporter's main screen

Hey, nice guide, Romsstar. I'm happy my little answers to you could help you write this guide. I would only suggest that you explain on the guide that:

First Timer + Second Timer = (Minutes before target x 60) + Wanted Seconds

So, for your example: 33.35 + 16.65 = (0 x 60) + 50

50 = 50

In that example, if you'd hit your delay, it would've been on the correct seconds of 50.

The reason why I explain this is because when you adjust your Other Delay and update, pikatimer changes only the second timer, the one that controls your delay. But because of that, if the number in the second timer is changed significantly, it can make you hit your delay but miss your seconds. Always double check that sum, and make sure it's as close to your Desired Seconds as possible.

BOOM!
first RNG'd pokemon.

Ghastly@Timid
31/31/31/31/3/30
HP Ice 70

Not perfect, but not bad for my first RNG.

Suggestions on where to hatch it? Name will be Nirvana and it'll be fully redis if anyone wants it.
Old Chateau

I have a question of my own, has anyone succesfully RNGed on HG/SS with AR yet? I ask because I usually use mine to check my IV's

Is a way to find out what SID hits a certain method J spread for Shiny?

Say I find a spread thats like
Frame 1337
31/x/31/31/31/2
quiet nature
and I want to find the SID for that frame to be shiny? Is it possible?
What's the X for? Are you breeding it, or do you just not need physical Attack?

Bred pokemon generate their PIDs completely separate from their IVs. You can RNG for an egg's PID separately from its IVs. An egg's shininess is determined as soon as the Day-Care Man has it; the IVs are not determined until you pick it up from him.

To determine shininess, you need both your trainer ID and your SID. Do you know what your SID is?

When doing RNG for egg IVs on HGSS, if you know your game always starts on a frame of 3 and your target has a frame of 9, how do you count the calls to Elm? This may seem stupid to the experts, but I just want to be certain so I don't waste a lot of time resetting my game and then do the calls wrong.

Let's say my call list shows this:

(E,E,P skipped) E,E,E,E,P,P,P,E,E...

Which letter in the call list gets me to the right frame (frame 9 when I know my starting frame is 3)?

Do I call E,E,E,E,P,P and stop? Or is that wrong?

If the above is wrong, please tell me by writing out the list to my stopping point so I know clearly where to stop. I'd really appreciate it.

Old Chateau

I have a question of my own, has anyone succesfully RNGed on HG/SS with AR yet? I ask because I usually use mine to check my IV's
Yup :)
I use mine all the time when RNGing on HG/SS :)
Even though my AR doesnt work lol, Ive only calibrated with it in XD
All it will do is change your seconds =/

Yup :)
I use mine all the time when RNGing on HG/SS :)
Even though my AR doesnt work lol, Ive only calibrated with it in XD
All it will do is change your seconds =/
I guess I'm just going to have to do some math with these timers then. I can only use Emloop, for some reason I can't download Pikatimer.

Hey, this is my first attempt to Egg Breed from HG/SS. I have my pokemon egg ready to go with nature already formed. All I need to do is get it's IVs. I wanted to know if its possible to verify if you hit the seed for the egg after you have obtained it from the daycare man?

Hey, this is my first attempt to Egg Breed from HG/SS. I have my pokemon egg ready to go with nature already formed. All I need to do is get it's IVs. I wanted to know if its possible to verify if you hit the seed for the egg after you have obtained it from the daycare man?
You can verify by location of roamers or by Elm calls or both. That's all I can tell you as I'm no expert.

Anyone have an answer for me on this post?

yeah, but is it like the coin flips from D/P/Pt where I check all 10 flips? Or?
Didn't you say you were doing egg IVs? I never coin flip for egg IVs. I flip my journal to the right frame and I grab the egg as fast as I can so I don't miss my target frame.

As for HGSS, you call Elm to advance the frames to the right spot and then grab your egg as fast as you can. Go see the first three or four posts of this thread to find more info.

Anyone have an answer for me on this post? It's a very specific question so I don't bugger up my frame advancement.

I've egg rng'd from D/P/Pt plenty of times, I'm asking about seed verification after you receive the egg. Is it still possible after getting the egg from the daycare man(for HG/SS)?

I don't know. I'm no expert. I only know that I don't verify egg IVs before grabbing the egg. I just journal flip. If no one here answers you right off, hopefully you'll find an answer in the first few pages of this help thread.

Anyone have an answer for me on this post? It's a very specific question so I don't bugger up my frame advancement.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
When doing RNG for egg IVs on HGSS, if you know your game always starts on a frame of 3 and your target has a frame of 9, how do you count the calls to Elm? This may seem stupid to the experts, but I just want to be certain so I don't waste a lot of time resetting my game and then do the calls wrong.

Let's say my call list shows this:

(E,E,P skipped) E,E,E,E,P,P,P,E,E...

Which letter in the call list gets me to the right frame (frame 9 when I know my starting frame is 3)?

Do I call E,E,E,E,P,P and stop? Or is that wrong?

If the above is wrong, please tell me by writing out the list to my stopping point so I know clearly where to stop. I'd really appreciate it.
You are correct. Call E,E,E,E,P,P and stop. Each call is +1, so if you start at 3, the calls would put you at 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and finally 9.

I dunno if it's just me, but my game rarely starts on Frame 3 when hatching eggs. My Elm method calls almost always start from the first frame. Once in a while, if I press A too slowly after exiting the Pokegear, I might skip two frames before picking up my egg, though, so I think it just depends on how fast you open the Pokegear. I usually start tapping my screen where the Pokegear is as soon as I hit continue.

So if I start my game on a certain seed and then go into a wifi trade does my seed reset or is it still the same one?
I'm in diamond and I got a good seed for a shiny brave natured pokemon and I was gonna go do a trade first will it work?

Old Chateau
Would have been great :(

I accidentally hatched it on route 209 then gave a copy to a friend. So the location is kinda shitty. Oh well.

haunter@choice scarf ~ Nirvana
timid
31/31/31/31/3/30
4def/252SpA/252Spe
HP Ice 70
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
x (Ghastly can't learn focus blast, gengar can)

Level 1 UT or 40 with listed EVs.

Will be traded with either scarf or tm 52 (focus blast).
Fully redis if anyone wants it. Just pm/vm me.

So if I start my game on a certain seed and then go into a wifi trade does my seed reset or is it still the same one?
I'm in diamond and I got a good seed for a shiny brave natured pokemon and I was gonna go do a trade first will it work?
A whole mess of RNG-affecting things can happen on your way in and out of the trade room.

Why not trade first and get your RNG seed afterward?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
A suggestion for the next version of RNG Reporter...

How about having a filter for odd and even delays, especially for even delays...

Because it seems that the usual delays for my DPPt cartridges are even, and of course I knew that inserting a GBA cart changes the delay from even to odd, but sometimes this happens to be inconsistent, sometimes even having the GBA cartridge inserted I still have even delays...I'm not sure if it's something in my GBA carts, because sometimes if I insert them to my DS, I can't seem to play that GBA game, so I have to insert them again.
And sometimes when I play Emerald, the game will unexpectedly hang or go temporarily corrupted.

In short, it could be better to have a filter for odd/even delays (in my case I prefer even delays) for the next RNG Reporter, so that I don't bother inserting GBA carts just to change delays from even to odd.

And I'll just choose spreads with always even delays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)